Who will be the next Triple Crown Champion?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
FanSinceHDNet

Who will be the next Triple Crown Champion?

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

There have been only two Triple Crown champions to have held the current set of championships with a few guys just one title away from completing the feat (Matt Taven and Christopher Daniels need only the World title, Cole and Lethal the tag team, and a few non-active guys that only need the TV title).

My question is: who completes the Triple Crown next?
Last edited by FanSinceHDNet on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jordidebaas

Re: Who will be the next Triple Crown Champion?

Post by jordidebaas »

Out of those guys you mentioned, I'd give Lethal the best chance, though I don't see him winning the tag title very soon. Or maybe Jay Briscoe. He only needs to hold the TV title to complete the triad.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Lethal and Dijak as tag team champions would be cool, but I don't think it will happen quickly.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

KL_ wrote:Lethal and Dijak as tag team champions would be cool, but I don't think it will happen quickly.
I actually thought they missed a huge opportunity by not setting up a tag title shot for Lethal and Dijak while Lethal had both singles titles. It's one of those situations where everyone knows they wouldn't win the belts, but Lethal trying to win all of the belts at the same time is the sort of story that makes so much sense to tell that you can't not do it.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Adam Page.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Lethal is already a Triple Crown Champion.

I want him to become ROH's first & only Grand Slam Champion.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Chief

Post by Chief »

BlackLesnar wrote:Lethal is already a Triple Crown Champion.

I want him to become ROH's first & only Grand Slam Champion.
Seems like a good consolation prize if/when Lethal loses the World title.

ROH is very good at making accomplishments under then winning the World title feel important. Unlike WWE, where you can be a six-time Intercontinental champion or the current King of the Ring and still be treated like a joke.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

This is tough. Adam Cole, Jay Briscoe, Matt Taven and Christopher Daniels are all close, but would need to win 1 title that they (arguably) would never win. With that in mind, 1 name comes to mind: Kyle O'Reilly. If O'Reilly stays with ROH next year, I'm sure they put one of the singles titles around his waist and then he could capture the other later down the road. If not O'Reilly, then someone who hasn't won any of the titles yet, but may in the near future. Maybe Dijak, Hanson or Rowe.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I don't see any likely options in the near future. I don't see Briscoe in anything related to the TV title, he'll go back to tagging and random singles matches, Cole and Lethal are too big of singles stars at the moment to get a tag belt in a division that's already deep, Daniels won't win the World Title, and Taven isn't getting anywhere near it anytime soon.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Daniels won't win the World Title
YOU SHUT UP HE STILL HAS TIME DAMMIT
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Daniels won't win the World Title.
Of course he will. In the main event of the last ever show, Daniels will win the world title, then use the power it gives him to destroy ROH and the Prophecy will have the last laugh.