AJ Styles returns to ROH!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Sardonic Artery

Re: AJ Styles returns to ROH!

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Meh on Styles v Strong, but like others, I see the storyline value.

Styles vs. O'Reilly could be a MOTY contender. Either ROH or PWG can book it.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

bik100 wrote:It was the opening match to the first IMPACT on Spike I think.
Regardless, they're both still apart of wrestling history with each other, and it'll be a great match.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
JSP

Post by JSP »

AndyDiaz wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Go home Andy, you're drunk.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

It's amazing how much buzz ROH has now that Hero and Styles are back. True one could argue they are relying on past stars and not their current talent but that's not really fair considering Adam Cole is their top guy for now.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I wouldn't consider it to be that much buzz. Very little discussion about it on most forums, although at least there have been threads about it.
Smile

Post by Smile »

It should help with ticket sales though and hopefully ratings when the show airs. I'm surprised some of the bigger wrestling sites aren't making this a bigger deal. PW Torch and Pro Wrestling Net reported it and moved on.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Because it really isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things. Considering the laughingstock TNA has become this year, I think more people just accept this as par for the course more so than "MUNCHY BALLZ AJ IS LEAVING". If this was even 2012, it would be a totally different story.
boourns

Post by boourns »

The AJ vs. Strong match at Fate of an Angel is very underrated. Looking forward to this.
Smile

Post by Smile »

JSP wrote:Because it really isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things. Considering the laughingstock TNA has become this year, I think more people just accept this as par for the course more so than "MUNCHY BALLZ AJ IS LEAVING". If this was even 2012, it would be a totally different story.
This has nothing to do with TNA. Jan 4 is the return of AJ Styles and Chris Hero to ROH. That's a big deal for ROH. I wish the bigger wrestling sites covered ROH a little more.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Smile wrote:
JSP wrote:Because it really isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things. Considering the laughingstock TNA has become this year, I think more people just accept this as par for the course more so than "MUNCHY BALLZ AJ IS LEAVING". If this was even 2012, it would be a totally different story.
This has nothing to do with TNA. Jan 4 is the return of AJ Styles and Chris Hero to ROH. That's a big deal for ROH. I wish the bigger wrestling sites covered ROH a little more.
But the question is - when will Davey Richards debut on Impact Wrestling against the awesome EC3?
Smile

Post by Smile »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
Smile wrote:
But the question is - when will Davey Richards debut on Impact Wrestling against the awesome EC3?
Don't be surprised if Davey still ends up in TNA. Anyway, this is about AJ Styles in ROH. Go troll somewhere else.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

TYFDK wrote:
bik100 wrote:It was the opening match to the first IMPACT on Spike I think.
Regardless, they're both still apart of wrestling history with each other, and it'll be a great match.
They actually had a match on IMPACT before Spike which I also enjoyed. It's floating around on Dailymotion somewhere. Looking forward to this one for sure.
Recall

Post by Recall »

I just hope ROH do more than just put AJ over everyone and actually have him in a rivalry to help put over someone else in the long run. I could honestly see AJ steam rolling everyone only to fall in his title shot.
In your honour.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Don't know if anyone saw this:
Eddie Kingston ‏@ChikaraKingston 29 Dec
So @ringofhonor you suspended us to pay for aj styles who has been stuck in purgatory for years!Enjoy our payday aj, your welcome.#OutlawInc
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Mattxx87 wrote:
bik100 wrote:I wonder how ROH fans will react to AJ's slower style that he used in 2013 for the most part.
If the company is smart, they would book Silas Young vs Matt Hardy (heel vs heel, but still) before the AJ match, so the pace of the Styles/Strong match will seem extremely good regardless if it really is. It would be an illusion, the same way a fastball seems faster after a changeup even though it isn't.

I don't think AJ has been working a slow style. Aside Aries and Hardy (who isn't exactly as limber as he once was either), who has AJ worked against that allows him to work a fast paced match?
AJ never worked a particularly fast style in ROH when he was with the company previously. He had great matches in ROH, but he definitely saved his crazy high-flying for TNA.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

PWP put this out:

PWInsider is reporting that AJ Styles will have multiple dates with #ROH but won't be signing with them. The finalization of these dates supposedly occurred over this past weekend.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

If the first Hammerstein show with Hero and AJ doesn't completely sell-out I'll be SHOCKED.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

AJ Styles lasting until the first Hammerstein show is a really long shot, i hope he does though
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

187_Joeism wrote:AJ Styles lasting until the first Hammerstein show is a really long shot, i hope he does though
Depends on when/if TNA signs him back, and if it doesn't affect his New Japan bookings.