Is promoting three PPVs a mistake

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chris Xtreme

Is promoting three PPVs a mistake

Post by Chris Xtreme »

Do you think that ROH too on more then they could chew by promoting "Young Wolves Rising" and "Showdown In The Sun" at the same time ( Which ammounts to three PPVs). I think they have done a good job under the circumstances. But it does seem like they are trying to spread themselves a little thin by promoting three different events that occur in such a small timeframe from each other. It makes it harder for the consumer to proccess all this. So I wonder if adding the extra PPV will end up being counter productive.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Re: Is promoting three PPVs a mistake

Post by JSWO »

I think you're over valuing the iPPV concept. In essence, the 10th Anniversary Show and all of the subsequent iPPV's all end up on DVD. Adding these shows to iPPV, just adds an additional revenue source for the company.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

JSWO wrote:I think you're over valuing the iPPV concept. In essence, the 10th Anniversary Show and all of the subsequent iPPV's all end up on DVD. Adding these shows to iPPV, just adds an additional revenue source for the company.
agreed and we will get 3 ippv for one price of a wwe & tna ppv so it's a win win situation
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Simple answer is no. To me it makes the company looks busier promoting big cards.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Nope, 3 IPPV's for a whopping $30.00? How can that be a mistake?
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
GardenStateSaint

HarpoonIPA wrote:Nope, 3 IPPV's for a whopping $30.00? How can that be a mistake?
Considerably cheaper than one WWE or Orlando Championship Wrestling PPV.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:Nope, 3 IPPV's for a whopping $30.00? How can that be a mistake?
I haven't watched either of those promotions in years, what do they charge?
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Not at all.

The 10th anniversary show is a big deal, for all fans old and new and the way they've booked the TV show it makes really good sense heading into the event. The top 4 matches (title matches plus Steen-Jacobs) are all built up really, really well.

Transitioning with the outcome of that event into a compact 4 week build for the "Showdown" shows should be smooth and pretty easy. Again, some bouts are already announced and the TV has been set up to putthe proper focus on those events.

I cannot see anyone who is regularly watching the ROH TV show not being drawn to and interested in the 3 iPPV's and for under $30, how can you pass that up?
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

For us in the UK its a ittle over £6 a show, which is a ridiculous bargain, the more the merrier for me as Ill always order and it keeps me up to date with the product.

Ill always get the DVDs, it would take a truly awful show where nothing significant happens for me not to buy a DVD

Im actually really pumped for the 10th anni show, not for the card but also to see ROH reach a Super Duper, King Kong, Mega Mega Milestone!
GardenStateSaint

HarpoonIPA wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:
I haven't watched either of those promotions in years, what do they charge?
You haven't watched either company in years?
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

GardenStateSaint wrote:You haven't watched either company in years?
I gave up on the wwf/e back in 2001 after they gobbled up ECW. And I watched TNA for a little while but couldn't stand double J putting himself over week after week. And then Hogan showing up just made it worse
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
SoZe

Post by SoZe »

I wouldn't do it all the time, but for the 10YA run into the Mania' weekend shows, I'm all about it.

Also, hi friends!
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm excited about the three shows and think they have done a pretty good job building the three shows. I'm just worried about the casual fans. Especially since they are still so early in their run with Sinclair. I'll be getting all three shows myself though.
astoph

Post by astoph »

Three quality shows for less than half the price of mania alone! Not sure of the exact price now but mania was up to $65 when I stopped watching wwe a few years ago.