ROH TV

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
indyfan

Re: ROH TV

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:07 pm
indyfan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:27 am What they need to do is cut down the intro promos now and start putting promos from guys without matches like STP when they arent facing anyone that week. Keep them fresh in peoples minds
I like this idea. More in box promos for characters in the match.
Yeah in box promos during the wrestlers entrance is a smart way of getting a character over and not wasting time. im fully on board with that idea. plus its got an old school feel to it
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

indyfan wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:45 am
indyfan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:27 am What they need to do is cut down the intro promos now and start putting promos from guys without matches like STP when they arent facing anyone that week. Keep them fresh in peoples minds
Yeah in box promos during the wrestlers entrance is a smart way of getting a character over and not wasting time. im fully on board with that idea. plus its got an old school feel to it
Even phrase it as "let's throw it to the Stir or whatever it's called interview center where X is standing by with comments"
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Josh woods is got new theme and tron also going by the technical beast josh woods
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:29 pm

Even phrase it as "let's throw it to the Stir or whatever it's called interview center where X is standing by with comments"
Yeah i like that idea too. I think now the drawn out promos before matches could be shortened. Honestly, id rather more guys cut a minute promo before the matches in a segement you described. Then we could get another match on the show.
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:52 pm

Yeah i like that idea too. I think now the drawn out promos before matches could be shortened. Honestly, id rather more guys cut a minute promo before the matches in a segement you described. Then we could get another match on the show.
A 60 minute show can have only so much. So you have to overlap and get creative. The whole thing is just absent of a fresh perspective.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:04 pm
indyfan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:52 pm

A 60 minute show can have only so much. So you have to overlap and get creative. The whole thing is just absent of a fresh perspective.
Thats my train of thought too. dont get me wrong, i enjoy what their presenting, but keeping guys not wrestling for a few weeks fresh on peoples mind is a better approach than not hearing from them for over a month. Especially a faction like STP.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I’m done with ROH and Bally Sports. Twice this month the show gets bumped/doesn’t air. Nothing at all about ROH on the Bally sports website, nothing on the TV about it. No way, to see if it will air at an alternative time on like Twitter. It wasn’t even on the “plus” channel with extra content. Bad look for a companies main show. Plus it typically airs at midnight, not even a prime time slot.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

You re better off just waiting until Monday.
Montana

Post by Montana »

indyfan wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:29 am You re better off just waiting until Monday.
Yeah, im sure i can figure out another way to watch; but the point is; i shouldn't have to. ROH gets bumped for post game shows; and replays of the earlier baseball game on their late night viewing. How does this help ROH at all? It's like watching a show like Better Call Saul; and watching every other episode.... Do you think that show; or any other show would have much success that way? ROH continues to make it's fans work to follow the product, and they wonder why they can't retain fans. Not to mention; since SBG owns these channels; why not air it multiple times during the week?? Instead of the one timeslot where theres a 50/50 chance it actually airs.

Plus, i'll classify myself as a "hardcore" fan. I know if it's too much of a pain, to go seek out the episode for me; imagine the casual viewers.

I hate to say it, but at this point, i just hope SBG sells ROH before it's too late. Maybe i'm wrong; but i think ROH is going to continue to struggle to sell tickets; and have an extremely low amount of confidence they can steer the ship out of the way of the iceberg ahead. Maybe im wrong, and they strike lighting in a bottle again; but changes are still needed. I just feel like they've made some changes; and now are back to being content again.

Not to mention all the DQ's, Time lImit''s Draws, and matches with Dojo talent on TV. I stuck by ROH in 2019 and 2020... and they've made some progress; but my confidence is quite low right now, that they actually can compete for #3; with Impact. MLW may even push ROH out of the #4 spot.

Sorry for the rant. I may just need to take a break from ROH... or like watch it like a month of ROH at a time.

PS: I was able to watch the last 10 minutes of the show; which was quite good.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:16 am
indyfan wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:29 am You re better off just waiting until Monday.
Yeah, im sure i can figure out another way to watch; but the point is; i shouldn't have to. ROH gets bumped for post game shows; and replays of the earlier baseball game on their late night viewing. How does this help ROH at all? It's like watching a show like Better Call Saul; and watching every other episode.... Do you think that show; or any other show would have much success that way? ROH continues to make it's fans work to follow the product, and they wonder why they can't retain fans. Not to mention; since SBG owns these channels; why not air it multiple times during the week?? Instead of the one timeslot where theres a 50/50 chance it actually airs.

Plus, i'll classify myself as a "hardcore" fan. I know if it's too much of a pain, to go seek out the episode for me; imagine the casual viewers.

I hate to say it, but at this point, i just hope SBG sells ROH before it's too late. Maybe i'm wrong; but i think ROH is going to continue to struggle to sell tickets; and have an extremely low amount of confidence they can steer the ship out of the way of the iceberg ahead. Maybe im wrong, and they strike lighting in a bottle again; but changes are still needed. I just feel like they've made some changes; and now are back to being content again.

Not to mention all the DQ's, Time lImit''s Draws, and matches with Dojo talent on TV. I stuck by ROH in 2019 and 2020... and they've made some progress; but my confidence is quite low right now, that they actually can compete for #3; with Impact. MLW may even push ROH out of the #4 spot.

Sorry for the rant. I may just need to take a break from ROH... or like watch it like a month of ROH at a time.

Who would buy it not wwe or aew
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I went back and forth with Commander about this same subject weeks ago. Putting the on RSNs, is not something that can bring in a dedicated viewer. Your “best” bet would be like Sunday at 9pm local time. That time slot would provide the most “consistent” chance of the air airing. Aside from 3am Tuesday nights or whatever.

Even if you put it at 9pm Sunday’s, you would have to deal with Sunday Night Football in the fall and WWE PPVs, cutting into the Eastern and Central time zones. Mountain and Pacific would likely be less desirable to those who just watched the WWE PPV. Who watches 5 hours of wrestling 2 Sundays a month?

That is why the RSNs are a crapshoot, especially if they show baseball. It’s just better to view it on-demand anyway. Viewing the show, just can’t be too much of a social interaction, since “everyone” is watching on different days and times.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:46 am

Even if someone buys it, where would they air it? Even if Sinclair gave a sweet broadcasting deal, you’re still dealing with the same viewing issues as today.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

So the Vincent returned and is the one that hurt taven ankle earlier in the show that cost ogk the title match
AnHonorableMention

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:18 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:46 am

Even if someone buys it, where would they air it? Even if Sinclair gave a sweet broadcasting deal, you’re still dealing with the same viewing issues as today.
You don't buy for it for the value of the name, you buy it for the library. The brand at this time is at a value equal to that of 2011, better to let sinclair lose their asses on the investment than an upstart.
Captain Podcast
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

My own view is that ROH will never ‘exist’ outside of Sinclair ever again unfortunately.

I can’t imagine ROH has been even remotely profitable in raw monetary terms for a long while. If, as and when Sinclair decided to cut the cord, WWE would be waiting to pounce and suck up the tape library...and that would be it.

The value of that tape library to WWE exceeds what any other party would pay for the promotion as an active, ongoing interest unfortunately - such is the damage done to ROH at this point. Again, just my opinion, but if Sinclair sells, ROH folds - ironically under the value of its own back catalogue.
AnHonorableMention

McXal wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:20 pm My own view is that ROH will never ‘exist’ outside of Sinclair ever again unfortunately.

I can’t imagine ROH has been even remotely profitable in raw monetary terms for a long while. If, as and when Sinclair decided to cut the cord, WWE would be waiting to pounce and suck up the tape library...and that would be it.

The value of that tape library to WWE exceeds what any other party would pay for the promotion as an active, ongoing interest unfortunately - such is the damage done to ROH at this point. Again, just my opinion, but if Sinclair sells, ROH folds - ironically under the value of its own back catalogue.
Nobody is rooting for this to happen, but when you continually step on your toes every step forward eventually they break. Takes 2-3 years for a corporation to find a leak.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Yeah if Sinclair ever sells ROH....its done and it should be put to rest. Dont get me wrong, i m loving the product but ROHs library is the asset here.

Happy to see ROH must have seen our convo Honorable. The did the promos during the entrances this week. good use of time!!!!
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Another pointless 15 minute match in Yehi vs Romero.
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:50 am Yeah if Sinclair ever sells ROH....its done and it should be put to rest. Dont get me wrong, i m loving the product but ROHs library is the asset here.

Happy to see ROH must have seen our convo Honorable. The did the promos during the entrances this week. good use of time!!!!
Didn't get a chance to see tv last night as our game was moved to Monday this week. Hoping to check it out once I finish off Destiny for the pod next week.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:24 am Another pointless 15 minute match in Yehi vs Romero.
How? it was to climb higher in the rankings. Not pointless at all.
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:59 pm
indyfan wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:50 am Yeah if Sinclair ever sells ROH....its done and it should be put to rest. Dont get me wrong, i m loving the product but ROHs library is the asset here.

Didn't get a chance to see tv last night as our game was moved to Monday this week. Hoping to check it out once I finish off Destiny for the pod next week.
Awesome!!! i enjoyed it. I hope you do too. Both matches were good.