Final Battle 2020 Predictions

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Final Battle 2020 Predictions

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:41 am There were people complaining about all aspects of the show; but yes Kenny was part of it too. Certainly not as much as Taven/ Enzo; but i'd say after them and the Bully Ray stuff. Not saying i agree with all the folks who were complaining about it. I was actually defended Kenny winning. I think they wanted a NJPW legend to win instead of Kenny. Either way; seemed like a logical choice given the company needed to elevate loyal wrestlers on the roster.
Liger was the right winner, if he was able to come back for another show. Obviously based on the Enzo and Cass stuff the NJPW relationship got blown up. King should have been shoved higher but we know Delirious is the worst at following through on anything.
indyfan wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:09 am There were tons of people laughing at ROHs entire presence at MSG. In fact most people say njpw sold out MSG and it was ROH who tagged along.

I like King but hes not a world champ. atleast not yet. looking at most reviews from other sites, king isnt well liked. King being champ would hurt the company more than benefit it. im on another site, and everyone laughs at ROH for the most part.
You have to book the guy like a world champion for him to become one. He's been dicked around by Delirious for far too long. The MSG sell out was a combo of wrestlemania weekend, NJPW/The Elite and ROH happened to be the American host. Everyone should get credit but ROH gets the smallest serving of the credit pie.
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:48 am
Montana wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:04 am I think it was more of the "Elite/Bullet Club" hype that sold MSG than ROH or NJPW as it sold out in 2018.

Wrestling fans criticize and laugh at every company. You slowly start to see the AEW hate and doubters creeping in too. Think most of the disdain for ROH is that they never jumped up into mainstream....but yet keep the same golden era style (2004-2006) that got them famous. Expecting fans to keep paying for DVDs and HonorClub; instead of capitalizing on success when the window of opportunity was wide open. They tried to slowly grow, instead of taking risk.
Most wrestling fans are dumb. If you like WWE and hate everything else, that’s fine. Same with AEW, ROH, etc. I don’t see how “fans” can say AJ Styles sucks because he worked for TNA, but the second he shows up in WWE, he’s the best. I never got the “I like this, so I am going to hate that” mentality of some wrestling fans. It’s moronic. Only those that hold monetary interest in a company, should want others to fail.
ROH isn't at fault because Joe Koff and Sinclair refused to spend the money and remove Joe's boy from creative. ROH in general could have been a lot different if it were not for being so conservative. Interestingly enough, one decision changed the course of wrestling as we know it.
Captain Podcast
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you guys could, please order FB thru our affiliate link to help us out :) Thank you https://www.kqzyfj.com/click-7608796-14399787
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Gonna have to catch this later on Honor Club. Gennadiy Golovkin is fighting that night and I'm a boxing guy first and foremost.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

So it looks like Rush/Brody is pretty much set, they only need to make it official. Jay/EC3 as well? And Mark wants a new partner for tag titles match? With Josh picking up a win over Lethal (really liked that match and Josh had pretty good Pure Tournament in general) I could see him being Mark's partner or just straight up challenging Gresham for Pure title.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Lynx wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:48 am So it looks like Rush/Brody is pretty much set, they only need to make it official. Jay/EC3 as well? And Mark wants a new partner for tag titles match? With Josh picking up a win over Lethal (really liked that match and Josh had pretty good Pure Tournament in general) I could see him being Mark's partner or just straight up challenging Gresham for Pure title.
Yeah, certainly looks like Rush/Brody and EC3 vs. Jay Briscoe. Could be Shane Taylor Promotions vs. Mexa-squad too. Think STP is the only trios group with a win recently.

As for Mark Briscoe's new partner... I'm not sure if this will be a Final Battle or not. This one surprised me a bit. I'm thinking ya boy Mance Warner would be a perfect fit here. Looks like he requested his release a few months; and didn't make the last MLW tapings. Never say never, i guess.

I gotta wonder what someone like PCO will do at Final Battle... Maybe a match like with Kenny King?? Perhaps ROH shifts away from LI - VE feud. Imagine ROH is getting their ducks in a row for the PPV. Only 3 weeks away now though.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

You know what scares me.....Final Battle getting a low buy rate. I REALLY hope their expectations are low this year.

Realistically what amount of people have honor club to take advantage of the 50% off
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:45 am You know what scares me.....Final Battle getting a low buy rate. I REALLY hope their expectations are low this year.

Realistically what amount of people have honor club to take advantage of the 50% off
PPV's aren't free with Honor Club anymore?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Yes they added live ppvs on honorclub now
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'd be more concerned with the reviews for the show than the buy rates. ROH needs to have Great PPVs.... not just good. They need must see matches; and match of the year contenders.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Yeah, Pure tournament delivered, now if Final Battle does a good conclusion to 2020 then 2021 might be looking rather good.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

As long as they don’t have a main event like last years and generally don’t have any non straight finishes to the matches it will be a success. Much like last year if what is supposedly happening, happens January is going to be far more important for ROH than Final Battle. With no fans ROH needs very little buy rate or a huge roaring success, continuing to set and carrying on the levels of production, booking and general direction is far more important than match quality right now. How often have we seen ROH deliver in ring but in the end it makes no sense or it never really go anywhere, at the moment things are making sense and directions are for more straight forward than for so long.

Overall I think Brody could have done with one more match before a title match, two just seems a little bit too quick. Having him beat Flip just before the match would really help his case. That being said if Brody won I would be happy it would feel like something fresh for everyone in ROH.

Jay vs EC3 could be awesome if they suck up the commission fine and get blood involved, still it’s been an easy interesting set up that I’ve enjoyed.

Bennett/Taven vs Vinny and Bateman, Still unsure wether I would want these matches split up as I always think more than one tag match is too much. Will be interesting how this one one plays out.

Personally I really don’t like the idea of the mixed tag team with Mark on the PPV, especially when it’s possibly a Pure Rules tag match (we don’t really have much clarification if that’s going to be in the tag title match or a separate match on its own) I would hope that maybe it’s Josh Woods plus say Deppen or Walters as a partner.

The rest of it right now is somewhat up in the air so it will be interesting to see where things go.

All I really hope for the rest of the year and going forward is that the likes of LSG, Woods are given the ball too run with and not shied away from anymore.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

I see this event being a way to bring the titles back to non-international talent until COVID-19 restrictions are relaxed. Doing some looking into the roster and I’m already at seven matches and that leaves 8 or more regular roster members without matches at this point. I also can’t figure out challengers for the Pure and Television Titles or Mark Briscoes partner.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Jay versus EC3 is official. Which is whatever, the story is fine but I hate the idea of Mark picking a new partner as if Jay and Mark haven't gone off into singles feuds before.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lets go!

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

maxx_powerz wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:30 pm Jay versus EC3 is official. Which is whatever, the story is fine but I hate the idea of Mark picking a new partner as if Jay and Mark haven't gone off into singles feuds before.
While this is true, I think Mark's perspective makes sense simply because they have a guaranteed title shot in hand. They have had their individual singles feuds but at no point have either of them actively avoided a tag title shot to pursue individual goals.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

And its not like Mark has a singles feud going so what is he supposed to do? Stay on the sidelines till Jay wraps up his things?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Lynx wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:16 am And its not like Mark has a singles feud going so what is he supposed to do? Stay on the sidelines till Jay wraps up his things?
I really wouldn't be that bothered by not having Mark anywhere near the PPV, in all honesty not having both on the card feels fresh, where is this situation seems pretty forced, and because it's Mark he has to be there. Like always though, the Briscoes thanks to their creativity or general ability with promo's having given a reality to this that I can accept and get aboard on.

There is also the side story of what happens with Mark and his partner for the night, as say they do loose Mark blames in the partner, then you have an immediate start up of a new feud there, also I imagine Jay wouldn't be too happy with said partner either so you have tag matches available too if need be.

You also have the option of starting up Mark and Jay again which is always an easy feud to go to, but it feels overdone now and it never really delivers.

I did think that, say if EC3 and Jay have a bloody brawl too the point where Jay took such damage it wouldn't be inconceivable to be Mark's partner but in the end, he comes back and takes out the guy that was meant to with Mark at the start of the match as he would never leave Mark alone would be an interesting way of going about things.

The most interesting part of it is going to be interesting to see who the partner is and where it plays out in the end, I think for the sake of interest if it's a debut then their will be intrigue or excitement where is someone like PCO, (which I think it will be), feels a little bit blah.
Montana

Post by Montana »

What if , Mark turns on Jay to help EC3... that would be something. There's Mark's new partner. Kind of a wild guess there... ROH can really go in any direction with this; but maybe they have the ideal partner for Mark ; someone like Mance Warner... and Jay can go back to the upper card as a singles guy for a bit.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Mance Warner is dollar store Jay Briscoe anyway. I don't think that would be a good fit. I like Mance on his own but he's too similar to the Briscoes, and when you put them side by side it's clear Warner is vastly inferior.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:19 am Mance Warner is dollar store Jay Briscoe anyway. I don't think that would be a good fit. I like Mance on his own but he's too similar to the Briscoes, and when you put them side by side it's clear Warner is vastly inferior.
What? Not even similar in any way shape or form.
Captain Podcast