MLW Fusion

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Re: MLW Fusion

Post by famicommander »

Maybe the champions are assumed to be a given? None of the current title holders have been drafted yet.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Much better week for the MLW Draft.

Returning: Savio Vega, Zenshi

New stars: Lee Moriarty and Aramis

Aramis is mostly known for his work on the Mexican indies but he has been appearing part-time as a freelancer since 2017 in AAA.

Moriarty is one of the hottest names on the indies. Besides a single Impact Xplosion match in 2020 he has not appeared for a major promotion.

Vega is 400 years old and Zenshi is a jobber as far as the returning guys but whatever.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Aramis was mentioned to have signed a multi-year deal. No word on whether Moriarty actually signed a deal or for how long.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Good Gets. Lets hope they dont stick Lee with Injustice.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Also I guess Vega crawled out of the shallow jungle grave Muertes left him buried in
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

famicommander wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:41 pm
famicommander wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:39 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Recent ones or older ones?
Looks like Fusion episodes 117, 125, 126, and 128.

Seems like a pretty random selection to be missing. Could be they had some sort of censorship, sponsorship, or music rights issue and had to take a few down. Might have got demonetized for saying "shit" too much or something. It has happened in the past with a handful of episodes and they eventually reuploaded them later.

All the rest of Fusion and every episode of Underground and MLW Anthology they've uploaded so far is still there.
I looked up who was on all those cards of the episodes they pulled and guess who? Mil Muertes.

On the MLW Open Draft he was referred to as "King Muertes".

I think the guys who hold the Lucha Underground trademarks gave ol' Court a phone call or a threatening letter.

Of course, Filthy Island is still up so I'm not sure what is going on there. But it can't be a coincidence that Muertes wrestled on every card they pulled, then they changed his name. Probably just an oversight that Filthy Island got left up.
Update: Filthy Island is now down.

So yeah, Court definitely got himself in some trouble using the Mil Muertes character without permission.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

MLW has started to pull more and more content off Youtube and they've opted out of their DAZN deal. Bauer claims they are in the midst of negotiations for the rights to their library.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:44 pm MLW has started to pull more and more content off Youtube and they've opted out of their DAZN deal. Bauer claims they are in the midst of negotiations for the rights to their library.
I guess them being able to afford bigger deals and more wrestlers was not true, since MLW said “no thanks, we’re good.” Weird
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:18 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:44 pm MLW has started to pull more and more content off Youtube and they've opted out of their DAZN deal. Bauer claims they are in the midst of negotiations for the rights to their library.
I guess them being able to afford bigger deals and more wrestlers was not true, since MLW said “no thanks, we’re good.” Weird
Presumably they're getting something better.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

TJP was the big draft pick this week. Considering he was already there, that's fairly disappointing.

Unless this means they actually signed him to a deal and he won't be appearing for Impact and NJPW regularly too.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Some claims made by Court:
-MLW expects to draw 2,000-3,000 in Dallas in September (I checked and the venue seats 2400 for hockey, so maybe 3000 is doable)
-They will return to ECW Arena Philly in October and plan to hit the venue regularly
-Chicago still scheduled for November
-Expects the show at the ECW Arena in July to sell out soon. Something like 40 tickets remaining. Full capacity (usually that means 900-1200 depending on setup). Cheapest tickets were 15 bucks, most expensive 75.

So it looks like they'll be running once a month, not including August. They have shows in July, September, October, and November announced so far.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Via Mike Johnson:
-Azteca Underground will begin filming in LA in the Fall. They are filming vignettes for it today.
-They say the scifi and fantasy elements will be removed but you will still have to suspend disbelief as far as presentation (presumably this means the "invisible camera" for story segments)
-The Caribbean Championship will stay in MLW and become a hardcore title, minus the 24/7 gimmick
-Jacob Fatu is said to have dropped 20+ pounds
-There has been "some contact" with Braun Strauman's representatives and they are targeting "big names" for the fall
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am Via Mike Johnson:
-Azteca Underground will begin filming in LA in the Fall. They are filming vignettes for it today.
-They say the scifi and fantasy elements will be removed but you will still have to suspend disbelief as far as presentation (presumably this means the "invisible camera" for story segments)
-The Caribbean Championship will stay in MLW and become a hardcore title, minus the 24/7 gimmick
-Jacob Fatu is said to have dropped 20+ pounds
-There has been "some contact" with Braun Strauman's representatives and they are targeting "big names" for the fall
They must be close to big deal with discovery if they are wanting to sign names like Braun
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I doubt they have the money to sign Braun either way. I'm sure they called him so the story is technically true, but you'd think Strowman would be out of reach even for Impact or Ring of Honor.

Guys like Davey Richards, Lee Moriarty, Aramis, and Arez are great gets for MLW. More signings of that level are what they should be looking at.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:26 pm I doubt they have the money to sign Braun either way. I'm sure they called him so the story is technically true, but you'd think Strowman would be out of reach even for Impact or Ring of Honor.

Guys like Davey Richards, Lee Moriarty, Aramis, and Arez are great gets for MLW. More signings of that level are what they should be looking at.
If they already filming this underground stuff mlw must be confident they will have a place to air it
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:28 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:26 pm I doubt they have the money to sign Braun either way. I'm sure they called him so the story is technically true, but you'd think Strowman would be out of reach even for Impact or Ring of Honor.

If they already filming this underground stuff mlw must be confident they will have a place to air it
I'm sure they have a deal lined up.

I just highly doubt they have a deal lined up that would allow them to sign a guy like that. Maybe they could get him for a one-off but MLW just isn't at that scale yet.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

MLW's return show in July has officially sold out. Not sure exactly how many they set up for but given the ECW Arena's capacity it's probably in the neighborhood of 1,000, +/- a hundred or so either way.

TJP vs Davey Richards has been announced.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:23 pm MLW's return show in July has officially sold out. Not sure exactly how many they set up for but given the ECW Arena's capacity it's probably in the neighborhood of 1,000, +/- a hundred or so either way.

TJP vs Davey Richards has been announced.
Impact Wrestling in 2015 wants their match back.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Those guys have been running around the same circle of promotions for decades, of course they've wrestled each other.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:21 pm Those guys have been running around the same circle of promotions for decades, of course they've wrestled each other.
Court unlike koff has a desire to grow his company the same can't be said for the guy in charge of roh because he never answers anything and comes off like we rather have stuff come to us than roh going out and trying to sign deals