ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

7/14 damn...
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Chelsea green did a interview with sean Ross sapp and say she spoken to all companies and on her bucket list is to work for roh and really wants to face kellyanne
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

A lady wrestler who doesn't suck, isn't 50, and wants to work in ROH?

Throw all the moneys at her
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:10 am A lady wrestler who doesn't suck, isn't 50, and wants to work in ROH?

Its interesting that she said on the day of her release she spoke to aew impact and roh
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:13 am
famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:10 am A lady wrestler who doesn't suck, isn't 50, and wants to work in ROH?

Its interesting that she said on the day of her release she spoke to aew impact and roh
Like I mentioned with Samoa Joe, there is no reason she can't work with all 3.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:31 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:13 am

Like I mentioned with Samoa Joe, there is no reason she can't work with all 3.
If they can get her and zelina vega it will be a good start
Montana

Post by Montana »

Take this for what you will.... But on the Konnan/Disco Inferno podcast they confirmed that Tessa Blanchard is 100% signed to a promotion; that has yet to announce her hiring and that the promotion has 3 letters.

So WWE/AEW/ROH...

I'm not quite sure why WWE/AEW would wait to announce it. Other than wanting some of the negative publicity to blow over. I don't know if i see ROH making a move for her either. Time will tell.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

mlw?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Did he specify it was an American promotion?

WWE
AEW
ROH
MLW
AAA
DDT

Konnan is involved with booking in both AAA and MLW so it would make the most sense that he'd have the scoop if it were one of those two promotions. If it's MLW she's probably wrestling the men full time because MLW only has one female wrestler signed. Zeda Zhang is all they have. De La Renta has not wrestled a match since 2018.

I don't think she completely burned the AAA bridge and her husband I think is still signed there, though he has not wrestled at all in 2021. But then again, AAA is pretty broke right now. Maybe she's working cheap just to get back into the ring.

I also read that WOW (Women of Wrestling) is coming back for another season. She's a former champion there. Not sure if they're planning to sign anybody or just use people on a per-show basis though. They certainly have the cash to sign anybody they want but I don't think their payscale is all that high.
Montana

Post by Montana »

He didn't specify if it was American only. I kinda got the impression that it was a bigger company... but i guess it could be MLW/AAA.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 am He didn't specify if it was American only. I kinda got the impression that it was a bigger company... but i guess it could be MLW/AAA.
Nobody cares what she did in Mexico, MLW seems to collect people with issues. They could sign her without any fan backlash. If AEW or ROH signed her, there would definitely be backlash.

WWE is big enough that they can take any heat associated with signing her.

I'm going to say it's one of those three. WWE, AAA, or MLW.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:48 am
Montana wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 am He didn't specify if it was American only. I kinda got the impression that it was a bigger company... but i guess it could be MLW/AAA.
Nobody cares what she did in Mexico, MLW seems to collect people with issues. They could sign her without any fan backlash. If AEW or ROH signed her, there would definitely be backlash.

Who is she going to wrestle in MLW? Bu Ku Dao?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

It's got to be AAA. She lives in Mexico and no American company will touch her until she proves to be something other than a nightmare backstage.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Why would AAA wait to announce her though? I still think it's anyone's guess.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:59 am
famicommander wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:48 am

Who is she going to wrestle in MLW? Bu Ku Dao?
She'd presumably wrestle anybody on the roster. She wrestled the men in Impact and held their world title and several MLW wrestlers have wrestled women. Mil Muertes even lost to Sexy Star in Lucha Underground for the title in Aztec Warfare. MLW seems to be doing some store brand Lucha Underground anyway.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:31 am Why would AAA wait to announce her though? I still think it's anyone's guess.
Why would they announce her if they can't run regular shows yet (they can't due to Covid in Mexico). Plus AAA does wacky stuff all the time. You shouldn't expect AAA to make sense.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:07 pm
Montana wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:31 am Why would AAA wait to announce her though? I still think it's anyone's guess.
Why would they announce her if they can't run regular shows yet (they can't due to Covid in Mexico). Plus AAA does wacky stuff all the time. You shouldn't expect AAA to make sense.
Ahh, i thought they already returned. Thought Omega wrestled at triplemania in Dec. Dont really follow AAA.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:52 am
kovs27 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:07 pm
Ahh, i thought they already returned. Thought Omega wrestled at triplemania in Dec. Dont really follow AAA.
They have done some shows including a Triplemania but not their consistent schedule. Mexico still can't have fans so AAA and CMLL are running a very limited schedule.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Does AAA even sign wrestlers? Yes, I know that Psycho has exclusive with them or something like that, but he is one of the top guys in the country. Doesn't feel like AAA would care enough about Tessa to do that. MLW sounds most likely since they sign everyone on toilet paper.

As for Joe, if RoH can make only one more hire this year then he definitely should be the one who gets hired. I don't even care if he can do only few more matches, thats enough for me.
Montana

Post by Montana »

– According to a report by Fightful Select, Ring of Honor (ROH) has reportedly already re-signed broadcaster Ian Riccaboni. Riccaboni’s contract was reportedly going to originally expire at the start of April 2021. However, it appears he ended up signing a new contract in late 2020.

Per the report, Riccaboni re-upped with ROH until at least the summer of 2023. While there was interest from other companies for Riccaboni, he opted to stay on with ROH.

- Glad to hear Ian will be with ROH for the next few years. He brings so much to the product; and one of my favorite announcers.