Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

Post by monster mafia »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm This weeks episode announced more matches for Supercard that won't happen. A shame. The tv segments with Quinn between matches actually look like ROH is using current technology. It really stands out from the rest of the episode.
what matches?
Montana

Post by Montana »

This episodes was plugging watching the replay for the 18th anniversary show too.... I understand... but hopefully this forces ROH to be more flexible, and mobile.

I believe one of the matches was Dragon Lee vs. EL P ... Rush vs. Flip (which was already kinda announced) ... think those were the only new ones.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Briscoes vs. Lethal/Gresham in Ladder War.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 am Briscoes vs. Lethal/Gresham in Ladder War.
Damn... That would have been a banger.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

damnnnnnn, what a match.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Damn this virus.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I thought ROH did the right move on this weeks TV... since most likely there is limited content coming over the next few weeks... might as well highlights your stars.

This weeks episode featured the Briscoes at home, with some mini-documentary with a couple classic Briscoe matches:

Briscoes vs. Steen & Generico

Mark vs. Jay.

Wouldn't hurt if they continue this in the upcoming weeks... i could see the following wrestlers with mini-bios/best of episodes:

Jay Lethal
Marty Scurll
Matt Taven
Rush
Dalton Castle
Alex Shelley
Silas YOung
Flip Gordon
Jonathan Gresham
Mark Haskins
Shane Taylor

Edit... Well looks like ROH said the following "Upcoming episodes will be dedicated to Jay Lethal, PCO, Matt Taven and Flip Gordon." Good Idea
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

So far the Jay Lethal and Matt Taven episodes were excellent. I love the match choices for both episodes.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I very much appreciated Riccaboni on commentary on recent episodes not shying away from naming the accomplishments of some of these wrestlers in other major promotions. I believe he directly named NJPW, Impact, WWE, and CMLL on the most recent episode. It's so much better than when these promotions act like the others don't exist, despite fans clearly recognizing stars from the others when they cross over (ie, AJ Styles was already known when he got to WWE; everybody knew who Cody was when he showed up in ROH and Impact, everybody knows where Kenny King was during his ROH hiatus, etc).
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ec3 cut in the ring promo and backstage taylor confronted ec3 which the briscoes got involved so it lools like taylor and his boys vs ec3 and the briscoes in a few weeks
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I really wished they had spaced this out from the Taven incident, it’s starting to dilute the tournament and ROH.

Also this feels very Impact light, (see Moose vs EC3, anyone see a pattern...) along with copying the lame duck that was Bully and The Briscoes. I really hope we don’t see a shitty Briscoes turn again along with a bad three man tag, just spilt everything up into tag and singles. Sadly I don’t think that’s going to happen.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Another strong episode this week. A solid tag match between SOS and the Briscoes that leads to Jay Briscoe and EC3 wrestling next week. The more Shane Taylor talks and we learn about his background the more he comes off like a huge babyface to me. The match with Kenny was a bit more one-sided than I expected as it felt like Taylor was just punishing Kenny all match with Kenny getting a few spots back trying to survive.

We are getting a 3 match episode next week. Taven continues his feud with The Righteous by taking on Bateman and Jay Lethal battles LSG who I am surprised is even at the tapings. Maybe they'll finally do something with LSG.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:34 pm Another strong episode this week. A solid tag match between SOS and the Briscoes that leads to Jay Briscoe and EC3 wrestling next week. The more Shane Taylor talks and we learn about his background the more he comes off like a huge babyface to me. The match with Kenny was a bit more one-sided than I expected as it felt like Taylor was just punishing Kenny all match with Kenny getting a few spots back trying to survive.

We are getting a 3 match episode next week. Taven continues his feud with The Righteous by taking on Bateman and Jay Lethal battles LSG who I am surprised is even at the tapings. Maybe they'll finally do something with LSG.
The video package on Week by Week does a real good job of explaining why the Lethal / LSG match was made. I’m sure they’ll show a clipped version during the episode the week.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shane Taylor's video promo was freaking awesome. He sounded so genuine, so confident, so articulate.

I like this promo format in general.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

A return happened on this week roh to help matt taven
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

So this week we got a dq so jay briscoe vs ec3 can still go forward a time limit draw in jay lethal vs lsg which the decision went lethal way as he looks for more people to join his cause a john walters return video package and vincent vs matt taven now includes mike bennett siding with taven this show had a little bit of what you could want in a one hour show
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Bennett's return is a cool thing, but I think he looked better with hair. Now he looks like Joey Mercury or his younger brother :D
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pco is mark briscoe partner
Montana

Post by Montana »

I've posted a mini-rant in the spoilers section on this episode for those that have seen it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:35 pm Pco is mark briscoe partner
thanks for the spoiler.