Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by monster mafia »

so..a lot of storyline in this week Women's Division Wednesday...cool.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The fact that this reboot has been as good as it has so far just exposes how poor the last effort was.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:02 pm The fact that this reboot has been as good as it has so far just exposes how poor the last effort was.
I think maria bobby cruise and gresham are the individuals handing everything about the women division
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Alex gracia posted a video on her social media saying why she deserve to be in the tournament even tagging the video to Maria
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The promo Amy Rose cut for that Youtube video is the best thing I have seen her do in wrestling by a very wide margin. That sit down interview style really helps everybody shine. This is the first time she has made me care about anything she was saying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z25a_0v_k6g
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Nicole savoy and mandy leon in the tournament
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Finally Savoy is in! If ROH were serious about building a credible high-quality division they lock her down now.

With Mandy in too there can’t be that many spots left now.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

McXal wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:57 pm Finally Savoy is in! If ROH were serious about building a credible high-quality division they lock her down now.

There six left it looks like alex gracia and max impaler will be in the tournament plus the talent roh teased about being a champion in another company but also wrestled for roh in the past
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I am very happy to see Nicole Savoy is in the tournament. Her not appearing throughout the pandemic was worrisome. You never know with the way WWE collects female talent.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

There is more talent in the women's division at this moment than any other in ROH history. Now the question is how many of these ladies will stick around and actually build something.

We've all seen so many talented women walk through ROH like a revolving door. It would be disappointing to see it happen again. Savoy, Rok-C, Gracia, Hyan, Luck, Kay, Quinn, Max, Willow, Martinez, Alize, Adora, etc. That's your core to build around. Use the old guard to get them over, see what we've got in the international talent when they can return.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:00 pm
McXal wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:57 pm Finally Savoy is in! If ROH were serious about building a credible high-quality division they lock her down now.

There six left it looks like alex gracia and max impaler will be in the tournament plus the talent roh teased about being a champion in another company but also wrestled for roh in the past
I don't recall a set number for people in the tournament. Where did you see it?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Maria said early on in interview that she wished it could be 32 instead of 16 women because of the pandemic
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If Angelina gets a first round bye then there's probably only 15
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

If they can lock some of these women down even bring in Chelsea green than roh will definitely have the talent to build a division
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:04 pm
kovs27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Maria said early on in interview that she wished it could be 32 instead of 16 women because of the pandemic
Thank you!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Savoyyyy

The match was nice too.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Brilliant news on Savoy, I’ve got to give ROH real credit here they’ve managed to select but also in process start to build up a very well balanced set of talent, especially if they are adding even more up and coming talent also mixed in with some of the usual faces.

I really do hope though that the likes of Mandy are very much quickly out of there.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Love vs allie recks tomorrow
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Another one I've not seen.

Cagematch profile shows one match on one of those Impact/indie team up shows, this time with Pennsylvania Premiere Wrestling. Beyond that the most notable promotions on her resume are the WWN Live affiliated ones and CZW.

I am glad to be exposed to what have mostly been a lot of promising and talented new female wrestlers but it's about time to start whittling it into a cohesive division with an established group and a hierarchy.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Max the Impaler earns the next Ticket to Gold. I thought Allie Recks did a great job in the plucky never give up underdog role.