Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shanahan

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:22 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:18 pm I don't know where they said this a friend of mine texted me and told me that famous cb and bennett said some big things are in the works at roh
I saw this mentioned in the Facebook group as well. Where is this quote from?
i'm guessing twitter accounts 3 days after BITW
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The Death Before Dishonor seat map went down yesterday and was put up today with a ton more seats, all grayed out. Perhaps they are anticipating that they will eventually have to release more?

Unless some of the recently grayed out seats were added and then quickly bought, I'm going to guess we're still in the range of ~170-180 sold.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Champions vs. All Stars, an ROH staple, will headline the Ring of Honor Wrestling episode that airs the weekend of Aug. 14.

The 10-man tag match pits World Champion Bandido, World Television Champion Dragon Lee, Pure Champion Jonathan Gresham and World Tag Team Champions Chris Dickinson and Homicide against a team of all-stars consisting of Jay and Mark Briscoe, EC3, Flip Gordon and Josh Woods.

It will be very interesting to see if the champions can work together, as members of warring factions La Faccion Ingobernable (Lee), The Foundation (Gresham) and Violence Unlimited (Dickinson and Homicide) will be teammates for a night.

With the much-anticipated ROH Women’s World Title Tournament kicking off on this weekend’s episode of Ring of Honor Wrestling, I figured I would make my predictions.

My final four is Quinn McKay, Max The Impaler, Nicole Savoy and Allysin Kay.

Every tournament has a Cinderella, and McKay is my pick to wear the glass slippers. I was skeptical initially about McKay as a wrestler, but she proved in her controversial losses
to Angelina Love and Mandy Leon that she’s capable of beating established veterans if it’s a fair fight.

However, we all know what happens to Cinderella at midnight, and for McKay, I believe midnight will come in the form of Max The Impaler in the semifinals.

On the other side of the bracket, I’m picking Savoy and Kay because of their championship pedigree. These two are pretty evenly matched, but I’m going with Savoy in the hypothetical semifinal matchup.

In the final, I have Savoy beating Max. Max obviously is a powerhouse, but I think Savoy’s technical wrestling ability, conditioning and huge edge in experience will be the difference.Brandi Lauren and Laynie Luck have been named alternates for the tournament.

Lauren was trained by Jay Lethal and has been wrestling for five years. She has competed in NXT and Impact.

Luck, a six-year veteran, made her ROH debut in April, when she and Hyan wrestled Max The Impaler and Rok-C to a 15-minute draw.

After getting the run-around from Dalton Castle’s people for a week, I was finally able to secure the former ROH World Champion as my guest on the latest episode of the ROHStrong Podcast.

Unfortunately, due to Castle’s busy schedule, he couldn’t spend as much time on the podcast as previous guests. It still turned out to be a highly entertaining conversation.

Castle talked about helping David Arquette’s team win on ABC’s “Celebrity Family Feud;” his friendship with Arquette; the status of his tag team with Joe Hendry, and more.

The podcast drops Monday on ROHWrestling.com and most podcast platforms.The OGK (Matt Taven and Mike Bennett) were scheduled to face The Righteous (Bateman and Dutch) on the next episode of ROH Week By Week, which premieres Tuesday at 1 p.m. Eastern on YouTube. However, Taven isn’t medically cleared, so Bennett will take on both Righteous members in a handicap match.

Taven suffered a neck injury at the hands of Bateman and Dutch at Best in the World three weeks ago. They lawn-darted Taven into the Trending With Taven sign, which sent him through the ropes and onto the floor.

This weekend’s Ring of Honor Wrestling episode features three ROH Women’s World Title Tournament first-round matches: Sumie Sakai vs. Rok-C; Mazzerati vs. Savoy; and Miranda Alize vs. Alex Gracia.In another first-round match, Kay faces Willow on Women’s Division Wednesday on YouTube at 7 p.m. Eastern. Chelsea Green will be on commentary.

A huge tag match pitting Bandido and Rey Horus against Violence Unlimited’s Brody King and Tony Deppen headlines Ring of Honor Wrestling the weekend of Aug. 7.

Also on that episode, the tournament continues with arch rivals McKay and Leon squaring off, and Trish Adora taking on Marti Belle.

The first round concludes with Max versus Holidead on Ring of Honor Wrestling the weekend of Aug. 14.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I hope Eck didn't jinx Savoy. She should win.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Some really interesting matches coming up and what could come from then also.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:27 am I hope Eck didn't jinx Savoy. She should win.
Well Eck obviously knows who won any taped match and probably knows who will win the tournament. Didn’t know you could jinx someone participating in a pre-determined event, written by someone with direct knowledge of said pre-determined events. Really doubt more than 2 of his final four actually make it.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 am
kovs27 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:27 am I hope Eck didn't jinx Savoy. She should win.
Well Eck obviously knows who won any taped match and probably knows who will win the tournament. Didn’t know you could jinx someone participating in a pre-determined event, written by someone with direct knowledge of said pre-determined events. Really doubt more than 2 of his final four actually make it.
Maybe jinx wasn't the right term. I hope by Eck picking her that it isn't foreshadowing that Savoy loses.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Joe Keys and Rhett Titus could make a really decent proper team. ROH needs a few more long-term teams, with team names and all.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

EvanKnight wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:20 am Joe Keys and Rhett Titus could make a really decent proper team. ROH needs a few more long-term teams, with team names and all.
Leaving the Kingdom together in the tag division for a bit could go a long way.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Chris hero didn't clarify if he with roh moving forward but confirmed he was producing the ppv and said he wants to to help plan shows whatever company he wrestle for
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

an article about it.

Chris Hero talks working as a Producer at ROH Best in the World PPV, wanting to wrestle again

https://wrestlingnews.co/roh-news/chris ... tle-again/
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

No spoilers here but roh really needs to look over stuff like the graphic on the screen to who in the match in the ring
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

It is in ROH's best interest to look at the New Japan residency at 2300 Arena Philadelphia in October as an opportunity to strengthen their relationship. Would like to see some of the NJPW young lions in the ROH pure division. Even if it is in limited capacity.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

No more Young Lions. ROH isn't NJPW's NXT. Develop your own talent.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:12 am No more Young Lions. ROH isn't NJPW's NXT. Develop your own talent.
I think they could do a cool angle with a few of them. Foundation takes them under their wings but LFI & VU just beats the shit outta them constantly.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:30 am
famicommander wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:12 am No more Young Lions. ROH isn't NJPW's NXT. Develop your own talent.
I think they could do a cool angle with a few of them. Foundation takes them under their wings but LFI & VU just beats the shit outta them constantly.
ROH has their own Dojo guys for that.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

If ROH bring NJPW guys, I wanna see US vs. UK vs. MEXICO vs. Japan tournament.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I have dish network and Sinclair will drop all their channels if agreement not done by next Monday
Last edited by Chrisvegas27 on Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

cable carriage disputes are the worst thing ever

The local cable sports network here that carries Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids (MLS), and Mammoth (NLL) games has been in a dispute with Comcast for over two years in Denver. Been pirating my home town games online even though I have a cable subscription.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:36 am cable carriage disputes are the worst thing ever

The local cable sports network here that carries Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids (MLS), and Mammoth (NLL) games has been in a dispute with Comcast for over two years in Denver. Been pirating my home town games online even though I have a cable subscription.
Dish just got hbo back after three years of disputing