Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 am The wait is over, Philadelphia!

For the first time in nearly two years, Ring of Honor is returning to the historic 2300 Arena in the City of Brotherly Love for not one, but TWO, spectacular live events!

ROH presents Glory By Honor Night 1 on Friday, Aug. 20 and Glory By Honor Night 2 on Saturday, Aug. 21. Both shows will be streamed live for HonorClub.

GBH Night 1 is headlined by Flip Gordon challenging for the ROH World Championship, while Night 2 features current ROH World Champion RUSH and Dragon Lee of La Faccion Ingobernable against Bandido and Rey Horus.

Among the stars signed to be in action on both nights are the Briscoes, LFI, Violence Unlimited, The Foundation, EC3 and The OGK.

Keep it locked onto ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for ticket on-sale dates and match announcements.

Philadelphia has always been a special city for ROH, going all the way back to the company’s first live event, The Era of Honor Begins, at the Murphy Rec Center in 2002. The stars of ROH undoubtedly are chomping at the bit to remind the best wrestling fans on the planet why ROH is The Best Wrestling on the Planet!

Don’t miss your opportunity to see the hard-hitting, in-your-face action that only ROH can deliver live and in person!
So the question here is, how do we get from July 11 to August 20 on television?

EDIT:
Women's tournament?
Maria said recently that the women tournament would be filmed in July
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I hope we don't get highlights shows for tv like they were doing before the pandemic
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I imagine there will still be TV filmed in the bubble until they can get fans back regularly or without really specific planing, least I hope so. For the most part they have got the TV product right so I really don’t see the need to change even with the possibility of fans.

Let the live events be live events for Honor Club only and those in attendance, if you need to use highlights for helping rivalries fine, but don’t give any TV too show these events. That’s became one of the big problems that made everything go so wrong previously
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 am Is Joe Keys gone though...or is he just working AEWs lesser show
I mean guys who still retweet ROH usually haven't left the company. We really don't know. Lots of performers have been on Dark and just did one appearance.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Wouldn't they just do TV tapings at Baltimore post best in the world? They can film the women's tournament, some BITW aftermath, and some GBH hype stuff.

I wonder if Glory by Honor will also be used at television content or will they keep taping in Baltimore with no fans.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

awesome news.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I don't think there's any reason to tape more content with no fans. Clearly they can move tickets in Baltimore, even at high prices. They don't have to sell the whole arena; just filling up their normal bubble studio with fans would be more than adequate.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

One one hand, it may make business sense to let Vegas be the return with Death Before Dishonor being the SummerSlam piggyback.

On the other hand, Vegas is no place to be in August during a “normal” summer, and would be especially risky to the crew as climate change is just torching much of the continental US.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

supersonic wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:57 am One one hand, it may make business sense to let Vegas be the return with Death Before Dishonor being the SummerSlam piggyback.

On the other hand, Vegas is no place to be in August during a “normal” summer, and would be especially risky to the crew as climate change is just torching much of the continental US.
someone protect Glacier!
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

supersonic wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:57 am One one hand, it may make business sense to let Vegas be the return with Death Before Dishonor being the SummerSlam piggyback.

Please. Las Vegas has air conditioning and buildings. Would the crew be setting up rings outside and would the wrestlers be wrestling at 3pm outdoors? The crew will be just fine traveling to Vegas in August.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:41 am I don't think there's any reason to tape more content with no fans. Clearly they can move tickets in Baltimore, even at high prices. They don't have to sell the whole arena; just filling up their normal bubble studio with fans would be more than adequate.
With BITW being on a Sunday, I doubt fans are attending any sort of post PPV TV taping.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:23 am
famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:41 am I don't think there's any reason to tape more content with no fans. Clearly they can move tickets in Baltimore, even at high prices. They don't have to sell the whole arena; just filling up their normal bubble studio with fans would be more than adequate.
With BITW being on a Sunday, I doubt fans are attending any sort of post PPV TV taping.
Yeah, I'm sure you're correct. Still a shame.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:48 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:16 pm

Again, he was recently on TV and was on the podcast, then shortly after he’s on AEW. Good for him. However, there’s nobody else on the roster they could have “won” that battle royal and be on the podcast? Vita Von Star was on this weeks, is she going to be in NXT in September?

It’s poor planning.
It's a get your house in order moment. But really ROH invested nothing in Joe so he's doing a job on Dark. I see no big deal here other than ROH needs to get their house in order. Too many people leaking and management looking completely inept.
Joe Keys started with ROH/Dojo in 2018, TPT in 2019...so in some fashion they were invested from a time perspective. He won a Battle Royale on May 15th episode with LSG; and did a podcast on May 24th.... I think he's was at the bottom of the ROH totem pole, and not a huge loss; but poor planning, and shows a lack oversight from management... especially when you have 1 hour of TV per week. My guess it was taped in April, but still.

What has STP done the last 3 months. After Shane Taylor lost to Rush in Late Feb; the only time STP has been on TV; was that May 15 episodes where STP beat Primal Fear. So in 4 months; they've failed to come up with some challengers/storyline for STP, your 6 man champs; Yet have time to Keys to win a Battle Royale. Maybe i'm being over critical; and think most everyone agrees 1 hour isn't enough for their roster size. They should be focusing on their stars, and building new stars. Not so much building depth.
It's not being overly critical, it's simple, if you can't manage your roster and the talent at the top and bottom, you don't belong in management or as a booker. There's so many things I've been directly told over the last few years dating back to the mid 2010's about how mismanaged the talent is, and how much double talk comes from the big 3 of Hunter, Joe, & Greg. Yeah the Bubba/Joey group tried to take control, that failed, the AEW talent/staff left, it's not all doom and gloom but when you have your nose continually being cut off to spite your face by who is left in management it's very obvious where the problem always was.
Captain Podcast
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

How can they piggyback off of Summerslam when Glory By Honor is the same dates as Summerslam and the Summerslam weekend Takeover?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Quinn did a interview with wrestling inc and said roh likes the spoiler free tv so she can seem them doing no fans for the tv tapings until next year in her opinion
Last edited by Chrisvegas27 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Summerslam is head to head with a Manny Pacquiao fight. Nobody will be piggybacking anything off Summerslam in Vegas during a Pac fight.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:08 pm Summerslam is head to head with a Manny Pacquiao fight. Nobody will be piggybacking anything off Summerslam in Vegas during a Pac fight.
Ding ding ding. Even if the fight won't be in the ring until the locker room is empty.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 pm Quinn did a interview with wrestling inc and said roh likes the spoiler free tv so she can seem them doing no fans for the tv tapings until next year in her opinion
I kinda like no fans TV. I wouldn't have a problem with them continuing this for awhile.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 pm Quinn did a interview with wrestling inc and said roh likes the spoiler free tv so she can seem them doing no fans for the tv tapings until next year in her opinion
I kinda like no fans TV. I wouldn't have a problem with them continuing this for awhile.
I feel that way as well. I find it easier to focus on the action in the ring.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:32 pm
Shanahan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 pm
I feel that way as well. I find it easier to focus on the action in the ring.
If you watch MLW you can listen as crowd goes from hot on first episode to mild by end of ep 4 or 5 even tho the later episodes are usually where the big payoff is.