Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:34 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:03 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:23 pm

You’re not that busy if you have time to argue with people on a ROH message board.

How did Trump “decimate” the auto industry?
It's Saturday, I worked a 14 hour day yesterday and a 20 hour day on Thursday including taping the podcast. I'm allowed to take time to work out and reply to my name being defamed.

As for Trump, he instituted tariffs against manufacturers that received parts and supplies from international locations, cutting off supply chains and costing dealers billions of potential revenue which in turn affected 3rd party companies like I own that relies on people buying cars, getting on going vehicles serviced and data being saved for marketing purposes. Had he been elected to a second term there would have been 2 major automobile manufacturers that went out of business within months, and a third that may not have survived much longer. That would have harmed me massively, as my customer base especially my established customer base would have had a figured atom bomb dropped on them.
Yea, so now we get taxed out the ass,price of goods skyrockets & people sit home collecting unemployment instead of working. I've had 4 job openings last 6 weeks. They are usually gobbled up because they pay 24 an hour or 32 for guys who have CDL. Instead i have dudes going "i can make 600-700 sitting home..i'll take that for now". I had a great 4 years under trump. I expanded my business because of less regulation & i paid my guys more because i saved thousands on my taxes. Under Biden's plan i will be paying almost half to useless government and my wife's business (cafe) doesn't qualify for PPP because even tho she is a female minority (turkish/uzbek) she is not the right minority.
This is a two fold issue because we are talking two completely separate industries at what I assume two different taxable situations. There is no such thing as a right or wrong minority either. Kind of a racist way of complaining you can't get free money, when social distancing guidelines and mask mandates are over for those who get vaccinated. I can't speak on your industry, because I'm not in it. I know how Biden's tax plan affects me, and my industry. Thus far I've already surpassed my projected 2nd quarter income, which would not have been possible under a second Trump regime.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:53 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:03 pm

It's Saturday, I worked a 14 hour day yesterday and a 20 hour day on Thursday including taping the podcast. I'm allowed to take time to work out and reply to my name being defamed.

As for Trump, he instituted tariffs against manufacturers that received parts and supplies from international locations, cutting off supply chains and costing dealers billions of potential revenue which in turn affected 3rd party companies like I own that relies on people buying cars, getting on going vehicles serviced and data being saved for marketing purposes. Had he been elected to a second term there would have been 2 major automobile manufacturers that went out of business within months, and a third that may not have survived much longer. That would have harmed me massively, as my customer base especially my established customer base would have had a figured atom bomb dropped on them.
Yea, so now we get taxed out the ass,price of goods skyrockets & people sit home collecting unemployment instead of working. I've had 4 job openings last 6 weeks. They are usually gobbled up because they pay 24 an hour or 32 for guys who have CDL. Instead i have dudes going "i can make 600-700 sitting home..i'll take that for now". I had a great 4 years under trump. I expanded my business because of less regulation & i paid my guys more because i saved thousands on my taxes. Under Biden's plan i will be paying almost half to useless government and my wife's business (cafe) doesn't qualify for PPP because even tho she is a female minority (turkish/uzbek) she is not the right minority.
This is a two fold issue because we are talking two completely separate industries at what I assume two different taxable situations. There is no such thing as a right or wrong minority either. Kind of a racist way of complaining you can't get free money, when social distancing guidelines and mask mandates are over for those who get vaccinated. I can't speak on your industry, because I'm not in it. I know how Biden's tax plan affects me, and my industry. Thus far I've already surpassed my projected 2nd quarter income, which would not have been possible under a second Trump regime.
When my wife is asked if she is white,says "no" & is then asked to say yes or no to following "non white hispanic,asian/pacific islander or African American". When she says no to all 3 they tell her that she doesn't qualify and will go to the back of the queue. BTW, it's not free money when the government forces you closed for 6 months and then only lets 25% capacity for another 4 months. She still paid her employees the whole time but Biden's Administration believes only certain types of minorities count for help.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:56 pm

When my wife is asked if she is white,says "no" & is then asked to say yes or no to following "non white hispanic,asian/pacific islander or African American". When she says no to all 3 they tell her that she doesn't qualify and will go to the back of the queue. BTW, it's not free money when the government forces you closed for 6 months and then only lets 25% capacity for another 4 months. She still paid her employees the whole time but Biden's Administration believes only certain types of minorities count for help.
I'm not going to get into a debate on what racial barricades someone that isn't me faces. Not my place. Good on her for paying the employees, I'm sure when they're back they'll work hard to prove they were worth it. I can't speak on PPP loans either, as I wasn't eligible as a sole proprietor/W9/IC whatever you'd like to refer to it as. I'm paying less on taxes than I was under Trump, just based on individual contract's I've seen in 2021 Q1. I also appreciate the vaccine roll out and not having a racist supporting an insurrection as the elected president.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:30 pm

I'm not going to get into a debate on what racial barricades someone that isn't me faces. Not my place. Good on her for paying the employees, I'm sure when they're back they'll work hard to prove they were worth it. I can't speak on PPP loans either, as I wasn't eligible as a sole proprietor/W9/IC whatever you'd like to refer to it as. I'm paying less on taxes than I was under Trump, just based on individual contract's I've seen in 2021 Q1. I also appreciate the vaccine roll out and not having a racist supporting an insurrection as the elected president.
Glad to hear your business is doing well. It was a rough year but lets get back to arguing about wrestling. :lol:
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:49 pm

Glad to hear your business is doing well. It was a rough year but lets get back to arguing about wrestling. :lol:
Yess please and we don't have to praise everything aew because there enough of that from the internet specially meltzer
AnHonorableMention

I'll never say things are well because that's a jinx and that also means being comfortable. "Complacency is the friend of the content"
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:51 pm

Yess please and we don't have to praise everything aew because there enough of that from the internet specially meltzer
Jesus christ. Nobody is talking about AEW or respected historian Dave Meltzer, grow up. I've had 7 hours of sleep since Friday, the last thing my tired eyes need to see is your mumbling meth mouthed typing.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:21 pm

Jesus christ. Nobody is talking about AEW or respected historian Dave Meltzer, grow up.
Thank you that explains everything about where you stand given you just called meltzer historian that been known to pick favorite companies that he covers in a favorable manner
Montana

Post by Montana »

Shanahan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:22 pm The UK people should be over for tapings already. No idea what the hold up is. I understand Aussie guys not coming over because they would have to quarantine for like 3 weeks to get home which is insane.
Hmm, I wonder when we will see them back. With 1 hour of TV there currently isn't enough time for the wrestlers they have in the states. So MAYBE; it's a cost cutting measure to save the cost of the flight from UK to US, along with the amount of content. Would seem odd, since they are paying them in full though.

Not sure when they will return to live events, i'm sensing maybe Final Battle/ 20th anniversary'; but they could still record stuff for HonorClub now. As an Honorable mention said; 80% are vaccinated; which is pretty much all of who want to be vaccinated. Maybe they want to change up their content distribution strategy moving forward.

This is kind of where ROH Leadership lacks... they rarely update fans on whats going on with the company.
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:26 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:21 pm
Jesus christ. Nobody is talking about AEW or respected historian Dave Meltzer, grow up.
Thank you that explains everything about where you stand given you just called meltzer historian that been known to pick favorite companies that he covers in a favorable manner
Just because he likes AEW more than any company not named New Japan doesn’t mean he’s not a well respected historian. That would be like trying to discredit the baseball hall of fame for not electing your favorite player on the first ballot.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Historian/Journalist... I don't think your scenario is an accurate comparison. Your favorite player not getting elected ; is not the same as what Dave Meltzer is doing. In reality it's closer to Dave selecting his Hall of Fame; and only picking his favorites.

I respect Dave for being very knowledgeable... but at the same time he's like a newspaper/journal skewing / being bias in the news. A few examples :

1) 99% of the time; defending a bad decision by AEW, when no other company gets defended. Ignores several flaws with the product.
2) WWE gets zero passes; Zero positive news as it relates to WWE.
3) Where was all of Dave's Coverage of Cody & Bucks when they were in ROH? Dave was the one, saying they can't draw.
4) Look at how much Dave spoke on NJPW before and After AEW
5) HIs AEW star ratings compared to every other company star ratings are skewed.
6) How much did he talk about Impact, prior to Omega being there.

It's so obvious there some sort of relation between him and AEW. Either way; he's certainly built up his reputation to where people respect what he says; unfortunately he's kinda tossed that aside the last few years; as he's nearing retirement.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Melzter is totally an AEW schill.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

From John pollock Twitter
ROH will holds its 'Best in the World' pay-per-view on Sunday, July 11 with limited fans in attendance at the Chesapeake Employers Insurance Arena in Baltimore, MD
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Finally, a return to fans in the building.

Looks like July is the month. I think every major promotion in North America (WWE, AEW, CMLL, AAA, ROH, MLW) except Impact has officially confirmed a return to fans in attendance in or before July.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I lost all respect for dave when he gave Darby/Starks match that went around 9 mins 4 stars.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Dave is a straight up mark and has been for years. This is nothing new.

Meltzer and Cornette are both cancers on the industry. Most people substitute one of their opinions for their own and the business is much worse off because of it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

For the first time in nearly a year and a half, The Best Wrestling On The Planet will be presented LIVE and in-person to the best wrestling fans of the planet.

Ring of Honor is welcoming fans back into the arena for the Best In The World pay-per-view at the Chesapeake Employers Insurance Arena (previously known as UMBC Event Center) in Baltimore on Sunday night, July 11th, 2021!

As always, the health and well-being of fans are ROH’s top priorities. The event will have limited capacity, and “pod” seating will be implemented to ensure proper social distancing of six feet between each group of ticket holders. Additionally, temperatures will be taken upon entry and masks will be required to be worn by all attendees throughout the event.

Pods are available in all ticket quantities throughout the arena up to a maximum of six seats per group. For larger orders, fans can contact ROH directly at help@rohwrestling.com before tickets go on-sale to help ensure they get seats as close together as possible.

Final health and safety policies will be provided approximately 2-3 weeks before the event as the pandemic conditions and government guidelines continue to change. Any refund requests due to the conditions of the pandemic or stringency of health and safety policies will be honored.

"Our locker room-full of tremendous athletes have missed the energy of connecting with our great fans that you only get with a live show," ROH COO Joe Koff said. "We look forward to giving them more of the best bell-to-bell action, including the return of the 'Survival of the Fittest' tournament and the highly anticipated Women's Championship Tournament this summer.

"I want to express my deepest gratitude to all of our talented athletes, fans and everyone who has done their part to keep each other safe. It's been a challenging year, no doubt, but we're excited to continue to ramp up what we do best. Nothing beats the thrill of witnessing The Best Wrestling on the Planet and seeing your favorite stars LIVE and in-person. We would like to do this still with the fans’ safety, health and well-being as ROH’s top priorities."

Tickets for Best In The World will go on sale with special pricing for everyone on Monday, June 7th at 10 a.m. ET. All floor seats will be priced at $50.00 and all arena seats will be priced at $30.00, plus all applicable fees.

But first, on Monday, May 24th, at 10 a.m. ET, HonorClub members will be able to begin purchasing tickets as part of a special pre-sale on ROHWrestling.com and they will receive an additional discount of $10 per ticket!

For this presale, seats will be assigned as the best available pod for the size of the group, based on the timestamp of the order (first come, first served). Floor seats will be priced at $40 and Arena seating will be priced at $20, plus applicable ticketing and facility fees. The presale ends Monday, May 31st at midnight ET.

Sign up for HonorClub today at rohhonorclub.com to get the best possible seats and take advantage of this discounted pricing!

Due to the pandemic, ROH has not held an event in front of fans since February of last year. ROH resumed TV tapings last summer at UMBC Event Center with no spectators and under the strictest COVID-19 protocols in conjunction with the Maryland State Athletic Commission.

Despite not having fans in attendance, the action in ROH has been as hot as ever. The buzz-worthy happenings include the revival of Pure wrestling; faction warfare being waged between La Faccion Ingobernable, The Foundation and Violence Unlimited; an infusion of new talent; and the return of the women’s division.

ROH’s stars undoubtedly are chomping at the bit to perform in front of a live crowd and show why they are the best wrestlers on the planet. Don’t miss your opportunity to see the hard-hitting, in-your-face action that only ROH can deliver live and in person at Best In The World!

Sunday, July 11th, 2021
Best in the World
Chesapeake Employers Insurance Arena
Baltimore, MD
Bell Time: 7 p.m. ET
Doors: 6 p.m. ET

Visit ROHWrestling.com to purchase tickets:

Monday, May 24th @ 10 a.m. ET – May 31st @ Midnight ET (HonorClub Members)

Monday, June 7th @ 10 a.m. ET (General Public)

Pricing

Floor : $50.00 | $40.00 (HC presale)
Arena: $30.00 | $20.00 (HC presale)

**Max pod size is 6. Please contact help@rohwrestling.com for any additional questions about seating or the ticket on-sale.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

That’s dumb. It’s 2 months from now and Atlanta United put 40k into their home game this weekend. Last weekend, Canelo put 70k in Dallas. Let the consumer make their own decision! Don’t let the fans touch the wrestlers, but this is semi-ridiculous.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:01 am That’s dumb. It’s 2 months from now and Atlanta United put 40k into their home game this weekend. Last weekend, Canelo put 70k in Dallas. Let the consumer make their own decision! Don’t let the fans touch the wrestlers, but this is semi-ridiculous.
huh???
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

monster mafia wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:16 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:01 am That’s dumb. It’s 2 months from now and Atlanta United put 40k into their home game this weekend. Last weekend, Canelo put 70k in Dallas. Let the consumer make their own decision! Don’t let the fans touch the wrestlers, but this is semi-ridiculous.
huh???
ROH shouldn’t have 6 people “pods”. Should be pre-March 2020 ticketing principles. I really doubt they would come close to selling out the arena anyway. If you can pack 70,000 into Cowboys Stadium, ROH can handle 2,000 at UMBC.