Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
NewROHFan2020

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:22 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:16 pm
Shanahan wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:34 pm

No its not lol.
Must not have read the complaint or have any clue about the actual story then. Keep buying your tickets. They'll need your money.
Here we go with more of your "tick tock" shit. You were the guy 16 months ago trashing ROH non stop because you believed everything Joey said. You delighted in it. You couldn't stop talking about how Joe and Greg were DONE. ROH was losing double figure guys and would barely be alive because of it. Then when it was ALL bullshit you acted like you didn't know what people were talking about. NOTHING will come of this. I will continue to happily buy my tickets. ROH right now is doing great so you have to try and hype this as another scandal. You should probably come up with your own opinions instead of regurgitating what Shane feeds you.

I can't wait for your reply just denying everything you have said since fall 2019 and act like "no..no...this time its real".
I don’t even know why he posts here. Never says anything positive about anything that has happened in the last 10 years. He should just watch his DVDs and leave us alone
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:30 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:17 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:58 am
For Sinclair that, will, I imagine depend what discovery would turn up, which I think is one of the main reasons they are entering this as one large case, it would possibly give them access to any other grievances, details etc that could give them more evidence that in the end could cost Sinclair/ROH a lot in the end.
Pack a lunch, bring a snack and make sure your popcorn is ready.
Well her lawyer has just come out saying, as I thought, that their concentration is on the status of her independent contract. I still don’t know how far all this will go, but with that in mind, he’s basically trying to make a landmark case against the expense of her issues which I don’t think is fare on her regardless of how confident you are in the case. We have seen multiple instances where this type of case has already gone through the court of law and been dealt with in results for the WWE. That sort of president surely is going to be in favour of Sinclair/ROH, If their sensible they’ll speak to WWE’s team to gage an idea of what to do, if not just hire McDevit that guy could probably get the devil off death row.

I’m unsure as to how independents contracts work in America but over here you basically get a time per day you must work to, to complete the job on time, and you’ll likely be used again and again by the company doing the same job. If you actually look at the detailing of her contract at the time it was month to month, which enabled them to bring her in when they needed to etc, a company from what I understand is allowed some, if not a whole lot of control over someone in an independent contract. If this case was brought at a time when she was under a full one year contract there would be a stronger case but considering the month to month deal it feels like it becomes much weaker. Also how much allowance will the judge give for her previous full time contract considering when that ended and what it was at the time.

In some of it feels hard to be speaking about a grown up, when this is someone that signed multiple contracts, a teacher even, that is saying she felt forced it, or unsafe against others. Sorry but that’s crap, it’s your decision to say yes or no, to working with someone, if you don’t and your fired take it too court then or like you did make happen be moved away from said people. ROH isn’t the only company in town, you could have just stayed independent tried for another company, there examples used in these fillings that just feel like there are multilple wholes for Sinclair to angle in on. Now I have a pretty limited knowledge of law and if I feel that how are Sinclair going to feel.

Just on the injury front won’t there be an issue with the injury happening in the UK, would that be something even the courts could take in as evidence.
Challenging independent contractor status is so big, regardless of who the two challengers are, this is monumental. Discovery phase will also provide much amusement depending on how public this will get.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

No its not lol.
Must not have read the complaint or have any clue about the actual story then. Keep buying your tickets. They'll need your money.
Here we go with more of your "tick tock" shit. You were the guy 16 months ago trashing ROH non stop because you believed everything Joey said. You delighted in it. You couldn't stop talking about how Joe and Greg were DONE. ROH was losing double figure guys and would barely be alive because of it. Then when it was ALL bullshit you acted like you didn't know what people were talking about. NOTHING will come of this. I will continue to happily buy my tickets. ROH right now is doing great so you have to try and hype this as another scandal. You should probably come up with your own opinions instead of regurgitating what Shane feeds you.

I can't wait for your reply just denying everything you have said since fall 2019 and act like "no..no...this time its real".
I take great delight in anyone fucking with Greg and especially Joe. Joey is insane. There's a lot more to the story that has come out since, revealing Joey to be off his rocker but that's not the issue here. Never once did I say Joe and Greg were done. ROH did lose a lot of people behind and in front of the camera. If you think Shane is the one feeding any of this, you're a fool, which I guess tells us all we need to know.

I think when the discovery phase opens up we'll get to see all sorts of fun content. "Investigations" LOL
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:51 am

No its not lol.
Doesnt feel that wild to me either. This could take years to sort out.

Klien was asking for 75K... seems like a drop in the bucket. If they wanted to fight it im sure they could... but is it worth the money to bother? Her case doesn't seem excessively strong. She got hurt in a wrestling match, some claim there was medical staff there, some not. Jay Lethal looked at her and allegedly made a pass. She leaks private company conversations; and is let go; and angry about it. Angry about not getting paid more. This story is quite old; other than officially taking them to court. It'll be interesting to hear BJ whitmer's and other within ROH side of the story as well.

If anything, Sinclair may just get fed up with owning a wrestling company at some point at sell, or just disband the company. Tape library is sold; and ROH goes in the wrestling graveyard. Between Bubba, Mercury, Marty, Klien, it was a rough 2019-20 for ROH. If they do sell the company, hopefully its a change for the better.
The continued lack of integrity both moral and fiscal from management will be shown in discovery. Regardless of my views on Kelly or Joey personally, what those two whackos are doing here is beyond the scope of my disdain for Joe Koff or Greg Gilleland. It's about accountability, equal and fair pay, as well as uncovering the scumbag behavior from Joe Koff's boys Hunter Johnston & Jay Lethal. I have a very good friend involved in this situation probably more of a difficult position than anyone being sued or doing the suing. That's my concern as well as looking out for the health and wellness of my friends on the roster, and lastly the end of "boys club" behavior.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:51 pm

I take great delight in anyone fucking with Greg and especially Joe. Joey is insane. There's a lot more to the story that has come out since, revealing Joey to be off his rocker but that's not the issue here. Never once did I say Joe and Greg were done. ROH did lose a lot of people behind and in front of the camera. If you think Shane is the one feeding any of this, you're a fool, which I guess tells us all we need to know.

I think when the discovery phase opens up we'll get to see all sorts of fun content. "Investigations" LOL
You are such a loser. Your friends couldn't hack it and now you go around spreading gossip about people they don't like. You sound like a fucking child but i'm guessing you are in your late 30's. You need to carry water so you can hang on to whatever little "insider" info you can get from your lil buddies even tho you have no inside info because if you had any you wouldn't jump on any rumor as fact and then look like a fool when it's false. You can sit back and enjoy your popcorn i'll be here ready to feed you a nice plate of crow but we all know you'll be saying how the lawsuit was faulted but next time they'll get it...keep dreaming.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:56 pm

Klien was asking for 75K... seems like a drop in the bucket. If they wanted to fight it im sure they could... but is it worth the money to bother? Her case doesn't seem excessively strong. She got hurt in a wrestling match, some claim there was medical staff there, some not. Jay Lethal looked at her and allegedly made a pass. She leaks private company conversations; and is let go; and angry about it. Angry about not getting paid more. This story is quite old; other than officially taking them to court. It'll be interesting to hear BJ whitmer's and other within ROH side of the story as well.

If anything, Sinclair may just get fed up with owning a wrestling company at some point at sell, or just disband the company. Tape library is sold; and ROH goes in the wrestling graveyard. Between Bubba, Mercury, Marty, Klien, it was a rough 2019-20 for ROH. If they do sell the company, hopefully its a change for the better.
The continued lack of integrity both moral and fiscal from management will be shown in discovery. Regardless of my views on Kelly or Joey personally, what those two whackos are doing here is beyond the scope of my disdain for Joe Koff or Greg Gilleland. It's about accountability, equal and fair pay, as well as uncovering the scumbag behavior from Joe Koff's boys Hunter Johnston & Jay Lethal. I have a very good friend involved in this situation probably more of a difficult position than anyone being sued or doing the suing. That's my concern as well as looking out for the health and wellness of my friends on the roster, and lastly the end of "boys club" behavior.
"Discovery"...this shit will be dismissed way before that.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:23 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:51 pm

You are such a loser. Your friends couldn't hack it and now you go around spreading gossip about people they don't like. You sound like a fucking child but i'm guessing you are in your late 30's. You need to carry water so you can hang on to whatever little "insider" info you can get from your lil buddies even tho you have no inside info because if you had any you wouldn't jump on any rumor as fact and then look like a fool when it's false. You can sit back and enjoy your popcorn i'll be here ready to feed you a nice plate of crow but we all know you'll be saying how the lawsuit was faulted but next time they'll get it...keep dreaming.
Name calling, whining, gossip accusing, age guessing. Nobody is jumping on anything here. I've said it before, maybe you aren't smart enough to hear it once and comprehend. There are stories here that will be shared. If anything the case is too convoluted to errode IC status which is the main point. However, ROH isn't this clean moral organization. They need to be held accountable just as any business management who abuses power and plays favor. My friends have said nothing other than Joey is a whacko. I read the lawsuit. I have a decade of experience working for a lawyer and 5 years of my father being a prosecutor and another 20 of him working cases just like this one in private practice. I've learned a thing or two studying and passing the LSET. Working for attorney's for another combined 3 before entering my current two fields of employment. One of which, the IC contractor status directly applies. So sit the fuck down, and eat your crowd. When you're done, clean your plate, and re-visit the adult table.
Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:24 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:56 pm

"Discovery"...this shit will be dismissed way before that.
More whataboutism. No the case won't be dismissed before then, if it is, it's poor lawyering work from Stephen P. New. Considering it's Mr. New, I'd say fat chance of early dismissal.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:48 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:17 pm

Pack a lunch, bring a snack and make sure your popcorn is ready.
Well her lawyer has just come out saying, as I thought, that their concentration is on the status of her independent contract. I still don’t know how far all this will go, but with that in mind, he’s basically trying to make a landmark case against the expense of her issues which I don’t think is fare on her regardless of how confident you are in the case. We have seen multiple instances where this type of case has already gone through the court of law and been dealt with in results for the WWE. That sort of president surely is going to be in favour of Sinclair/ROH, If their sensible they’ll speak to WWE’s team to gage an idea of what to do, if not just hire McDevit that guy could probably get the devil off death row.

I’m unsure as to how independents contracts work in America but over here you basically get a time per day you must work to, to complete the job on time, and you’ll likely be used again and again by the company doing the same job. If you actually look at the detailing of her contract at the time it was month to month, which enabled them to bring her in when they needed to etc, a company from what I understand is allowed some, if not a whole lot of control over someone in an independent contract. If this case was brought at a time when she was under a full one year contract there would be a stronger case but considering the month to month deal it feels like it becomes much weaker. Also how much allowance will the judge give for her previous full time contract considering when that ended and what it was at the time.

In some of it feels hard to be speaking about a grown up, when this is someone that signed multiple contracts, a teacher even, that is saying she felt forced it, or unsafe against others. Sorry but that’s crap, it’s your decision to say yes or no, to working with someone, if you don’t and your fired take it too court then or like you did make happen be moved away from said people. ROH isn’t the only company in town, you could have just stayed independent tried for another company, there examples used in these fillings that just feel like there are multilple wholes for Sinclair to angle in on. Now I have a pretty limited knowledge of law and if I feel that how are Sinclair going to feel.

Just on the injury front won’t there be an issue with the injury happening in the UK, would that be something even the courts could take in as evidence.
Challenging independent contractor status is so big, regardless of who the two challengers are, this is monumental. Discovery phase will also provide much amusement depending on how public this will get.
It is big but again it’s been challenged before, and gone nowhere, obviously the law has changed in California but I don’t believe that was down to the result of a case. I just think trying to tackle this law through a persons case is a mistake, especially on the proof they are putting forward like demanding her to where specific clothing etc, so much of hinges around how much of that can be proved. Are their emails/text sent to her demanding she only where gear they choose. A judge could honestly look at it in those first court motions could dismiss it, similar with the sexual harassment issue one leering moment from Lethal isn’t going to do much for a case as broad as and as demeaning as many women have gone through in other cases and lost.

Again she is an adult who committed to a wrestling career, knowing the chance of injury, she signed a contract knowing the amount she would be getting and even still kept working there knowing the results of a conversion and how management felt about her worth. She seemingly after all that still worked on a month to month basis, she had the chance to leave on/by a certain date she chose not to, sorry but it just comes across as very after the fact and that’s an issue. There were many times she could have taken this further when actually she had a real case now it just feels that because of the speaking out movement, the high profile cases of sexual discrimination etc that she is jumping onboard to gain momentum.

Certainly with you that Koff, Gregg, Lethal and Hunter should face up to what they have done and what they’ve let happen. For Kleins sake I hope she realises though how much this could cost her in the end, just on legal fees she could face bankruptcy looking at what New has asked for in recompense.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Just realized ROH is going to have about 3 weeks of TV to set up the 19th Anniversary PPV; assuming it's the March 27/28.

I know they got a 4 way #1 contender coming up; but it would be nice to actually see a bit more build to the PPV's.. and announce stuff a bit more in advance.... like the build to Shane Taylor and Rush.... that likely should have been the main event. The website still has a Final Battle page up. My recommendation is to promote BEFORE the ppv, not after. Not sure why this is always so hard for them.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:43 am Just realized ROH is going to have about 3 weeks of TV to set up the 19th Anniversary PPV; assuming it's the March 27/28.

I know they got a 4 way #1 contender coming up; but it would be nice to actually see a bit more build to the PPV's.. and announce stuff a bit more in advance.... like the build to Shane Taylor and Rush.... that likely should have been the main event. The website still has a Final Battle page up. My recommendation is to promote BEFORE the ppv, not after. Not sure why this is always so hard for them.
Yuup only 3 weeks. That’s the problem with ROH TV, it comes on at different times for everyone on Saturdays or Sundays, then they have their watch along on Mondays. So they will be talking about a show pre-PPV, post-PPV. Not ideal
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

After what happened on TV this week you’ve got one match for sure if not two matches that can happen at the PPV. A world title match is being figured out with the 4 way so that’s 2/3. The winner of the Dalton vs Woods match is getting a title match, so thats probably happening at the PPV, we now have 3/4. A TV title match with Tracey and Lee feels right, 4/5. A Trios title rematch is likely I would say so that’s 5/6. Jay vs EC3 or a tag match with EC3/Gordon vs The Briscoes so 6/7. Then a toss up between Taven vs Vinny or OGK vs the Bouncers that’s 7/8 which feels enough.

If you really want to add more to the main card, that could be made of up surprises as has been noted would be happening. You’ve also got the free hour which could beanything from Dojo guys, Danhausen, I would have a 3 man tag to strengthen our knowledge of the depth of division etc. Maybe another number one contenders match between say Williams and LSG, though I would like to see LSG vs Deppen again here. Everything is in place to make up a more than good enough PPV that will make sense and have depth to it.

Overall have three weeks of TV plus week by week, social media should be enough.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Good lord. Who has time for this?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

too much.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:36 am Image

Just like WWE, oversaturating the market to help eliminate the competition.
AnHonorableMention

The women's show on Sunday is on demand, and can be seen whenever, it's an hour. Road to is like 10 minutes, Dark well is what it is, non-essential viewing. 3 hour block Wednesday is nothing, Thursday pod is 45 min, not timely, so on demand, same Dark as Tuesday for friday, non-essential, PPV Sunday. Every promotion should strive to have this much content.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:44 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:48 pm

It is big but again it’s been challenged before, and gone nowhere, obviously the law has changed in California but I don’t believe that was down to the result of a case. I just think trying to tackle this law through a persons case is a mistake, especially on the proof they are putting forward like demanding her to where specific clothing etc, so much of hinges around how much of that can be proved. Are their emails/text sent to her demanding she only where gear they choose. A judge could honestly look at it in those first court motions could dismiss it, similar with the sexual harassment issue one leering moment from Lethal isn’t going to do much for a case as broad as and as demeaning as many women have gone through in other cases and lost.

Again she is an adult who committed to a wrestling career, knowing the chance of injury, she signed a contract knowing the amount she would be getting and even still kept working there knowing the results of a conversion and how management felt about her worth. She seemingly after all that still worked on a month to month basis, she had the chance to leave on/by a certain date she chose not to, sorry but it just comes across as very after the fact and that’s an issue. There were many times she could have taken this further when actually she had a real case now it just feels that because of the speaking out movement, the high profile cases of sexual discrimination etc that she is jumping onboard to gain momentum.

Certainly with you that Koff, Gregg, Lethal and Hunter should face up to what they have done and what they’ve let happen. For Kleins sake I hope she realises though how much this could cost her in the end, just on legal fees she could face bankruptcy looking at what New has asked for in recompense.

Even if ROH Is held liable, Koff & his band of accomplices will go unpunished. The key here is what can she prove as fact. Based on what I know about what has happened to her post the last time I spent time around Kelly 11/19 when ROH ran Indianapolis, there was definitely something off. I don't know what it was, but she was not the same person who I knew before that. I strongly suspect that's after Joey came into the picture with her, and she was stepping out on her husband. That's not my place to know as fact but based on what we've seen from Joey and so forth, and what I've been told directly about that whole thing, it's going to make for a very tough case.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 am After what happened on TV this week you’ve got one match for sure if not two matches that can happen at the PPV. A world title match is being figured out with the 4 way so that’s 2/3. The winner of the Dalton vs Woods match is getting a title match, so thats probably happening at the PPV, we now have 3/4. A TV title match with Tracey and Lee feels right, 4/5. A Trios title rematch is likely I would say so that’s 5/6. Jay vs EC3 or a tag match with EC3/Gordon vs The Briscoes so 6/7. Then a toss up between Taven vs Vinny or OGK vs the Bouncers that’s 7/8 which feels enough.

If you really want to add more to the main card, that could be made of up surprises as has been noted would be happening. You’ve also got the free hour which could beanything from Dojo guys, Danhausen, I would have a 3 man tag to strengthen our knowledge of the depth of division etc. Maybe another number one contenders match between say Williams and LSG, though I would like to see LSG vs Deppen again here. Everything is in place to make up a more than good enough PPV that will make sense and have depth to it.

Overall have three weeks of TV plus week by week, social media should be enough.
Sounds pretty logical ... a couple rematches; but i guess that could work. I'm guessing Gresham does the Pure title match... but yeah we'll see.

IF we get rematch on STP vs. Mexasquad; i assume STP wins again; which kinda makes Mexasquad look bad. Feels a little like this PPV is missing something, but not sure what. I'd love to see Slex vs. Adam Brooks here, but that's gotta look unlikely right now. Could just be the whole divisions thing; and just limiting match up options.

As far as AEW's lead up content to the PPV.... this is WHAT you want.... especially when they are actually trying to sell the PPV. It's a bit of overload for me; but like you don't need to watch it all. I assume ROH announced matches further in advance. Like if the PPV is like 3 weeks away; i should know the main event and/or headline match or two. To be fair, ROH did give us a "championship edition" of ROH TV, which felt pretty cool.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

The lawsuits is more interesting for wrestling as a whole than it is for ROH. If the independent contractor thing is ever successful challenged, it will negatively impact those at the top and bottom of the spectrum more than it will ROH. Honestly, if anything comes of this is could severely hurt indie wrestling not backed by a tv company.

Honestly, having 2 more mainstream promotions will probably lead to more name/talent being open to ROH in a year. Exponentially so if WWE is every, rightly, judged to have employees not independent contractors.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:01 pm

The women's show on Sunday is on demand, and can be seen whenever, it's an hour. Road to is like 10 minutes, Dark well is what it is, non-essential viewing. 3 hour block Wednesday is nothing, Thursday pod is 45 min, not timely, so on demand, same Dark as Tuesday for friday, non-essential, PPV Sunday. Every promotion should strive to have this much content.
Is anyone surprised Jeff comes swooping in to defend AEW....lmao. I get a kick out of it.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think you certainly have to careful long term on content saturation, especially if you are trying to connect all of it into one product. Right now I think they are probably pushing themselves a little bit too hard and with Dark at times being 14 matches it’s a lot for any audience to keep track of and for it too mean anything long term especially after the dust settles on the promotion and they stop being the new boy in town and just become a big promotion.

When you are trying to create tons of content issues will start to arise, case in point like last night with the broadcasting problems. It’s these things that can become the start of something bigger that will end up turning people away, so you are going to have to be aware and on top of everything else it will easily start to unravel. If I were them I would certainly think about pulling back a little on dark giving things a bit more space to breath and have a more focused pool of talent. But many wrestlers seem very happy to just appear on YouTube as long as they are getting paid so that might not ever change.