The Beyond Wrestling/Women's Wrestling Revolution Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

The Beyond Wrestling/Women's Wrestling Revolution Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Since this promotion has been gaining a lot of notoriety as of late, I think it's about time it got its own thread.

Here are the results from tonight's Beyond Wrestling Show, Point of No Return, courtesy of PWP:

Kevin Steen d. Chris Dickinson after two package piledrivers. After the match Dickinson and Steen put each other over before Dickinson low blows Steen and talks about how he’s sick of guys like Steen coming into Beyond now that it’s getting bigger, when Dickinson has been there since the first show. On his way out of the ring Dickinson gets into a wild brawl with Tommaso Ciampa who was wearing a rockin’ Dan Marjerle Phoenix Suns jersey

Abnormalz (AR Fox & Black Baron) d. M1nute Men, Da Hoodz and Fusion Dance (Shynron & ACH) in an absolutely wild match.

Jaka, Johnny Cockstrong and Oleg the Usurper d. Dan Barry, The Swamp Monster and ???. I promise I knew the name of the third member of Dan Barry’s team but some things have disappeared from my brain. Pretty fun comedy match, Dan Barry is fantastic.

Nicholas Kaye d. Anthony Stone in an “I Quit Match” after Stone is handcuffed to the ropes and Kaye threatens to go after Stone’s son in the crowd. Stone hit Kaye with some vicious unprotected chair shots to the head in this one, they also used a barb wire baseball bat and a bag of thumbtacks.

Matt Taven d. Aaron Epic.

During Intermission, Tabernack de Team d. The Wingmen

Chuck Taylor d. Eric Corvis

Michael Elgin d. JT Dunn. Amazing match, crowd was really hot, both guys worked a great match, Elgin wins with the Elgin Bomb. This match was awesome.

Biff Busick/Drew Gulak d. Eddie Edwards/Roderick Strong. Another great match, and Biff/Eddie continue to have amazing chemistry. Biff pinned Strong to pick up the win for his match. After the match it is announced that Edwards and Busick will meet one more time at the November Beyond Wrestling show in an Iron Man Match.

Other note: It was also announced during the show that at the next Beyond Wresting show in November at Fete Music in Providence, Tommaso Ciampa will face Chris Dickinson.
AndyDiaz

Re: The Beyond Wrestling Thread

Post by AndyDiaz »

I've heard good things about Beyond, but never really gave them a chance. I think after reading the spoilers i'm enticed to buy this show, it sounds awesome!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AndyDiaz wrote:I've heard good things about Beyond, but never really gave them a chance. I think after reading the spoilers i'm enticed to buy this show, it sounds awesome!
I heard their Americanrana show back in July was pretty good as well.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
AndyDiaz wrote:I've heard good things about Beyond, but never really gave them a chance. I think after reading the spoilers i'm enticed to buy this show, it sounds awesome!
I heard their Americanrana show back in July was pretty good as well.
Ya I heard the same too.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

This show sounds pretty good.
IndyPowerRankings

Post by IndyPowerRankings »

Great company. We fully support them. Encourage everyone to check them out. The Americanrana show is absolutely fantastic.
Follow the Indy Power Rankings on Twitter at @IndyPowerRankin or on Facebook at Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

I've heard a lot of good stuff about them. Do they sell DVDs? If so, on what site?
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Never mind, found their website.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

great show on Sunday.
Beyond Wrestling “Point Of No Return”
September 15th, 2013
Providence, RI
http://lookmanofans.com/
Credit: Joe Roche, wrestlingisfun.wordpress.com
Kevin Steen d. Chris Dickinson after two package piledrivers. After the match Dickinson and Steen put each other over before Dickinson low blows Steen and talks about how he’s sick of guys like Steen coming into Beyond now that it’s getting bigger, when Dickinson has been there since the first show. On his way out of the ring Dickinson gets into a wild brawl with Tomasso Ciampa who was wearing a rockin’ Dan Marjerle Phoenix Suns jersey
Abnormalz (AR Fox & Black Baron) d. M1nute Men, Da Hoodz and Fusion Dance (Shynron & ACH) in an absolutely wild match.
Jaka, Johnny Cockstrong and Oleg the Usurper d. Dan Barry, The Swamp Monster and ???. I promise I knew the name of the third member of Dan Barry’s team but some things have disappeared from my brain. Pretty fun comedy match, Dan Barry is fantastic.
Nicholas Kaye d. Anthony Stone in an “I Quit Match” after Stone is handcuffed to the ropes and Kaye threatens to go after Stone’s son in the crowd. Stone hit Kaye with some vicious unprotected chair shots to the head in this one, they also used a barb wire baseball bat and a bag of thumbtacks.
Matt Taven d. Aaron Epic.
During Intermission, Tabernack de Team d. The Wingmen
Chuck Taylor d. Eric Corvis
Michael Elgin d. JT Dunn. Amazing match, crowd was really hot, both guys worked a great match, Elgin wins with the Elgin Bomb. This match was awesome.
Biff Busick/Drew Gulak d. Eddie Edwards/Roderick Strong. Another great match, and Biff/Eddie continue to have amazing chemistry. Biff pinned Strong to pick up the win for his match. After the match it is announced that Edwards and Busick will meet one more time at the November Beyond Wrestling show in an Iron Man Match.
Other note: It was also announced during the show that at the next Beyond Wresting show in November at Fete Music in Providence, Tommaso Ciampa will face Chris Dickinson.

http://www.pwponderings.com/2013/09/15/ ... n-results/
via the burninghammer.com
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Edwards & Busick seem to have great chemistry. Can't wait to see how their Iron-Man Match turns out.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

THIS. IS. AWESOME.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I thought it was quality, but not really awesome or anything myself. Guess it's a personal taste thing.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Finally got around to watching Americanrana on DVD. Really great show - Dickinson/Gulak, that 4-way tag match and especially Edwards/Busick were fantastic. Loved the crowd, very much in the vain of PWG/WXW.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Really looking forward to getting both Americanrana & Point of No Return.

I'm wondering now if Beyond Wrestling will start to become the PWG of the East Coast...
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Really looking forward to getting both Americanrana & Point of No Return.

I'm wondering now if Beyond Wrestling will start to become the PWG of the East Coast...
They could be indeed... if they keep the momentum and buzz going. They have a nice mix of talent (locals & fly-ins) from what I've seen.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think the advantage they have is that their local talent are actually pushed to the top of the card (Mainly referring to Gulak & Busick, but people like Dickinson, Stone & JT Dunn are getting great opportunities as well).
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Beyond Wrestling Tournament For Tomorrow II Block A Results
November 15, 2013
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling

Green Ant (defeated Hania Huntress by forfeit due to injury) defeated Aaron Epic in non-tournament action

Matthew Palmer def Jewells Malone

Anthony Stone def Alexxis Nevaeh

Darius Carter was given a bye into round 2
- Darius def Aaron Epic in non tournament action

Matthew Palmer def Anthony Stone

Green Ant def Darius Carter

Green Ant def Matthew Palmer to advance to finals of Tournament for Tomorrow

In non-tournament action
AR Fox defeated Shynron

Christina Von Eerie defeated Candice LeRae

Kimber Lee defeated JT Dunn

pwponderings
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Beyond Wrestling Tournament For Tomorrow II Block B Results
November 16, 2013
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling

Kimber Lee def Rory Mondo
Christina Von Eerie def David Starr
Allysin Kay def John Silver
JT Dunn def Candice LeRae
Darius Carter def Anthony Stone (Non tournament)
Matthew Palmer def Johnny Cockstrong in a match where the entire ring was covered in broken glass.
Eric Corvis def Jewells Malone
Aaron Epic def Jesse Vane
JT Dunn def Christina Von Eerie to be in Finals for Block B
Kimber Lee def Allysin Kay to be in Finals for Block B
JT Dunn def Kimber Lee to win Block B of Tournament for Tomorrow (Finals take place 11/17 JT Dunn vs Green Ant)

pwponderings
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Beyond Wrestling “Tournament For Tomorrow 2″
November 17, 2013
Providence, RI
http://lookmanofans.com/
Credit: Dave Muscarella

Fatal Four Way: John Silver def David Starr/Rory Mondo/Matthew Palmer via submission on Matthew Palmer

Alexxis Nevaeh def Jewells Malone

10 tag team gauntlet:
Team #1 Minute Men
Team #2 Da Hoodz
Da Hood eliminated
Team #3 The Contingent
The Contingent eliminated thanks to Anthony Stone & a chair shot.
Team #4 Aaron Epic & Dave Cole aka Fear & Loathing in New England.
Minute Men eliminated.
Team #5 The Wingmen
Wingmen eliminated
Team 6 Tabernak De Team
Cole & Epic eliminated
Team 7 Oleg the Usurper & Johnny Cockstrong
TDT eliminated but attack Oleg & Cockstrong after
Team 8 is the Crusade for Change (Carter & Marconi)
Cockstrong & Oleg eliminated
Team 9 is Team Tremendous Investigations
Crusade for Change eliminated
Team 10 is Devastation Corp
Dan Barry hits a SSP to win the tag team gauntlet for Team Tremendous

Michael Elgin def JAKA with an Elgin-bomb.
- Elgin did the worm (hopefully like he did in PWG) and JAKA spoke, putting over Elgin post match but then said Elgin wasn’t as strong as Chris Dickinson
Christina Von Eerie def Allysin Kay via submission

60 Minute Iron Match: Biff Busick def Eddie Edwards 1-0
- Biff finally get the first fall after a German Suplex off the top rope. 1-0 Biff with about 5 min left
- Edwards had Busick in submission but Biff refused to tap and thus won the match
- Biff’s post match promo sure makes it seem like Eddie is going to WWE.

Kimber Lee def Candice LeRae with a small cradle

Beyond Wrestling returns to Fete ballroom on February 16 and March 16 2014 while CZW is coming on April 27th
Bux Belmar def Eric Corvis

Chris Dickinson def Tommaso Ciampa

- Dickinson and Jaka attacked Ciampa after the match but Elgin made the save
Tournament for Tomorrow 2 Finals

JT Dunn def Greent Ant to win
- JT hit a running legdrop off the apron onto Green Ant who was laid out on the stage
- Green Ant hit a double stomp from the top rope onto JT who was on the apron
pwponderings
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Beyond Wrestling Americanrana 2013 Review:

Shane Strickland vs. David Starr vs. Sozio vs. Latin Dragon - **3/4. Fun fast-paced match to open the show, Starr stood out as always but everyone looked good here.

Drew Gulak vs. Chris Dickinson - ***3/4. Awesome match, the finishing stretch was pretty amazing

Tremendous Investigations vs. EYFBO vs. M1nute Men vs. Da Hoodz - ***3/4 . Crazy ass match, that's gotta be one of the most fun matches in 2013.

Tabarnak de Team vs. #KOA - ***1/4. Very good storytelling with the swerave at the beginning, don't want to spoil you the match so I'll leave it like that.

Colt Cabana vs. JAKA - **1/2. Cool-down match with Colt's usual shtick, still was pretty fun and Jaka was impressive.

Kevin Steen vs. MASADA - ***1/2. Wasn't expecting them to work this kind of match, after seeing a picture of Steen's head spiked with skewers I thought that's going to be a brawl all over the place but it was a smartly-worked match with good work on Masada's knee, plus Steen stabbing Masada's knee while doing the sharpshooter was awesome.

Johnny Gargano vs. JT Dunn - ***3/4. Great match, nice story with JT's fighting spirit against the Gargano who worked here as a cocky heel, crowd was really into the match.

AR Fox vs. Anthony Stone - DUD. "That was awkward" this chant sums it up pretty much. Match was shit, Stone botched A LOT and Fox was hilariously bad as heel, guess he was trying to copy YB's act with the crotch chopos and his goofiness :lol:

Eddie Edwards vs. Biff Busick - ****1/4. Gotta quote the crowd again - "You guys killed it". They were 100% right. Friggin awesome match which was as good as it looked on Steen's youtube show. Great way to end the show.

Really awesome show, the crowd was super hot, remind me a lot of PWG's Reseda. Check it out if you can.
MOOSE!