Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:11 am Tony said in an interview that he wasn’t considering buying ROH in March, until they made him a strong offer. So while he may have been considering it for months, it sounded like the deal/discussion died at some point. Maybe Tony was waiting out SBG… but from what he’s said, it didn’t seem like a long strategic purchase.

I believe this new regime, will do better at some point. More passion, more money, more resources/roster. No reason for it to not improve, other than AEW and ROH competing against each other.

I wouldn’t call it a massive upgrade to Honorclub. They updated the interface, but it’s less content than what was on it before I believe. I don’t think the menus changed. The interface is a step in the right direction, but I wouldn’t call it a massive upgrade.

Agree, it all comes down to making money to support the promotion. As of now, they are only making money off their HonorClub Subscription and PPV buys, and merch.

Tony is great, but has a flaws… and shown he sticks to doing things his way. Sometimes good, sometimes not.

We’ll see how the TV is. Maybe it’s exceeds expectations.

Tony was buying ROH, why would Sinclair make him an offer? He gave them a generous number, they took it, WWE had offered something larger, once an agreement was made. Not the first time WWE tried to buy ROH as they did right before All In. You gotta come off this impulse buy bull shit rhetoric. It’s just an uninformed statement.

There’s also more content on Honor Club now than ever but let’s not let facts get in the way.

I don’t agree with a lot of what Tony has done as far as his wrestling booking goes but his business successes speak for themselves. It’s only weird if it doesn’t work.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:11 am ROH needs to add CMLL & NJPW to Supercard Of Honor.
Agreed. Hoping to get guys like Volador Jr & Ospreay. Maybe even a guy like Michael Oku.
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:30 am
Montana wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:11 am Tony said in an interview that he wasn’t considering buying ROH in March, until they made him a strong offer. So while he may have been considering it for months, it sounded like the deal/discussion died at some point. Maybe Tony was waiting out SBG… but from what he’s said, it didn’t seem like a long strategic purchase.

I believe this new regime, will do better at some point. More passion, more money, more resources/roster. No reason for it to not improve, other than AEW and ROH competing against each other.

I wouldn’t call it a massive upgrade to Honorclub. They updated the interface, but it’s less content than what was on it before I believe. I don’t think the menus changed. The interface is a step in the right direction, but I wouldn’t call it a massive upgrade.

Agree, it all comes down to making money to support the promotion. As of now, they are only making money off their HonorClub Subscription and PPV buys, and merch.

Tony is great, but has a flaws… and shown he sticks to doing things his way. Sometimes good, sometimes not.

We’ll see how the TV is. Maybe it’s exceeds expectations.

Tony was buying ROH, why would Sinclair make him an offer? He gave them a generous number, they took it, WWE had offered something larger, once an agreement was made. Not the first time WWE tried to buy ROH as they did right before All In. You gotta come off this impulse buy bull shit rhetoric. It’s just an uninformed statement.

There’s also more content on Honor Club now than ever but let’s not let facts get in the way.

I don’t agree with a lot of what Tony has done as far as his wrestling booking goes but his business successes speak for themselves. It’s only weird if it doesn’t work.
Go watch Supercard of Honor’s media scrum. Tony “ I didn’t know I was going to purchase ROH”… someone else may have purchased them. It’s not “uninformed statements” … I’m quoting Tony. There’s other quotes out there too.

As for HonorClub there is not more content now than like 2021. where did 2007 ROH go? SBG added a ton during the pandemic, some which was crossed to the new platform, but not all of it. Not quite sure why, but SBG had added a good amount of 2002-2010 content during that time. So no, there’s not more content now/ yet. I just checked, they did add the matches to one show from 2007, which wasn’t there a month or two ago.

If I’m wrong, what content did they Add since purchasing? The PPV’s and a Jay Briscoe tribute show. The best of’s are the same. The interface is nice, but not much in the way of new content.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:23 pm
tigermask7.0 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:11 am ROH needs to add CMLL & NJPW to Supercard Of Honor.
Agreed. Hoping to get guys like Volador Jr & Ospreay. Maybe even a guy like Michael Oku.
Started watching the New Japan/CMLL Fantasticamania plus some recent CMLL Arena México shows. Good stuff.

Also thinking ROH should send talent (between television tapings) on mini excursions to CMLL. I believe CMLL does 3 shows a week. Sending ROH talent for a week as undercard may help expand the product.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:24 am
Go watch Supercard of Honor’s media scrum. Tony “ I didn’t know I was going to purchase ROH”… someone else may have purchased them. It’s not “uninformed statements” … I’m quoting Tony. There’s other quotes out there too.

As for HonorClub there is not more content now than like 2021. where did 2007 ROH go? SBG added a ton during the pandemic, some which was crossed to the new platform, but not all of it. Not quite sure why, but SBG had added a good amount of 2002-2010 content during that time. So no, there’s not more content now/ yet. I just checked, they did add the matches to one show from 2007, which wasn’t there a month or two ago.

If I’m wrong, what content did they Add since purchasing? The PPV’s and a Jay Briscoe tribute show. The best of’s are the same. The interface is nice, but not much in the way of new content.
I was in the room when that media scrum took place. Tony was referring to a period of time, based on the question before the possibility existed.

2007 was constantly being updated in the SBG era, and music rights are being edited, segments added and taken away. Last I was told by the person in charge of Honor Club at the moment, everything from 2011-2021 plus TK's era was up, and everything through 2005 was up, with pockets of 2007-2010 up as well.

There has been no content added aside from PPV's because the product hasn't been active. How do you add new content when there is no content?
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:57 pm

I was in the room when that media scrum took place. Tony was referring to a period of time, based on the question before the possibility existed.

2007 was constantly being updated in the SBG era, and music rights are being edited, segments added and taken away. Last I was told by the person in charge of Honor Club at the moment, everything from 2011-2021 plus TK's era was up, and everything through 2005 was up, with pockets of 2007-2010 up as well.

There has been no content added aside from PPV's because the product hasn't been active. How do you add new content when there is no content?
There are a few 2011 shows still missing. From looking over it for 5 mins I see 3 newly added older shows. I could of missed a couple more tho.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:37 pm
Shanahan wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:23 pm
Started watching the New Japan/CMLL Fantasticamania plus some recent CMLL Arena México shows. Good stuff.

Also thinking ROH should send talent (between television tapings) on mini excursions to CMLL. I believe CMLL does 3 shows a week. Sending ROH talent for a week as undercard may help expand the product.
Taven is pretty popular in mexico. He was in CMLL in Aug & Dec. Not sure when he is going back.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:46 pm

There are a few 2011 shows still missing. From looking over it for 5 mins I see 3 newly added older shows. I could of missed a couple more tho.

That shitty parking garage show in Virginia is not up there, maybe and very likely my eventual cte brain is forgetting a couple I have for the pod checklist.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

I must have misunderstood what you meant when you originally said " There’s also more content on Honor Club now than ever but let’s not let facts get in the way."

As you noted, there was 2002-2010 shows on HonorClub under SBG, that is not currently on Honorclub. So my point was, there was more content on HC before (2021) than now; as Tony has only added the couple PPV's/shows he's done thus far. So it's not a massive improvement, yet.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:39 pm

I must have misunderstood what you meant when you originally said " There’s also more content on Honor Club now than ever but let’s not let facts get in the way."

As you noted, there was 2002-2010 shows on HonorClub under SBG, that is not currently on Honorclub. So my point was, there was more content on HC before (2021) than now; as Tony has only added the couple PPV's/shows he's done thus far. So it's not a massive improvement, yet.
My point was more back log has been put where it belongs vs. the entirety of the pandemic where nothing was done.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Montana wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:55 pm
monster mafia wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:13 pm “Ring of Honor TV is coming Thursday, March 2 on HonorClub,” says Khan. “We’ll have our first tapings on Feb. 25 and 26 at Universal Studios in Orlando, and we’re going to put tickets on sale for the inaugural taping on Thursday. Those will be the first-ever tapings of the new Ring of Honor.
So looks like they are taping 6 hours of content, over the 2 days. I hope it's worth the 10$ a month. I assume that gets them 5 one hour episodes for March before the PPV.
WON: The first hour of ROH Television will be released on March 2nd on Honorclub at 7PM Eastern.

This pretty much confirms the TV show will be one hour. 7PM to avoid Football and Impact on Thursday.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

The setup for ROH Tapings is more ROH than past Dark Tapings setup. That’s good so far.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Not to give any spoilers but going off what out there for now roh kinda feels like just another aew show
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:15 pm Not to give any spoilers but going off what out there for now roh kinda feels like just another aew show
LOL. You aren't there. Too busy drinking the haterade. Talked to multiple paying fans there, everyone enjoying it and feeling emotionally connected to the characters. That's what it is supposed to be. I'm excited for Thursday!
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:15 pm Not to give any spoilers but going off what out there for now roh kinda feels like just another aew show
Are we shocked tho??
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:56 pm
Are we shocked tho??
It formatted just like aew shows if you go off the spoilers
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:51 pm
LOL. You aren't there. Too busy drinking the haterade. Talked to multiple paying fans there, everyone enjoying it and feeling emotionally connected to the characters. That's what it is supposed to be. I'm excited for Thursday!
Did he say the show was bad? He said it kinda feels like another AEW show. It can be good and also not feel like ROH. I read some of the spoilers. Some matches feel like ROH, others looked like a Dark or Elevation type match & a few could be seen on Rampage. I'm happy to see you are excited for ROH tho. I will tune in & hope i enjoy it.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:03 pm
Are we shocked tho??
That was my worry with Tony. He wouldn't switch it up and make ROH unique. I'll tune in Thursday hoping to like it.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:05 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:51 pm
Did he say the show was bad? He said it kinda feels like another AEW show. It can be good and also not feel like ROH. I read some of the spoilers. Some matches feel like ROH, others looked like a Dark or Elevation type match & a few could be seen on Rampage. I'm happy to see you are excited for ROH tho. I will tune in & hope i enjoy it.

He is a child, or at least acts like one on the internet. I specifically asked if it felt like Dynamite, Rampage or the never ending dark tapings to multiple paying customers I'm friends with who are there and was told closer to NXT than anything else. You have cannot feel anything reading names on a paper.

Aside from the embarrassment that is Jake Manning, there isn't really anything that sounds uninteresting that I would go out of my way to avoid.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:09 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:03 pm

Are we shocked tho??
That was my worry with Tony. He wouldn't switch it up and make ROH unique. I'll tune in Thursday hoping to like it.
I'm not saying it's bad yet I don't want to watch something that reminds me of aew shows because I like a variety in wrestling because I don't want to watch multiple wrestling companies that are basically the same product