AEW Revolution 2022 - Sunday, March 6, 2022

Discuss AEW Here! Lots of stuff going on. Live watch threads & more!
supersonic

AEW Revolution 2022 - Sunday, March 6, 2022

Post by supersonic »

Joe Hands Promotions has listed which locations will be airing the PPV broadcast. (Zip code required, then select "AEW: Revolution" on the event dropdown menu that appears on the next page.)

https://www.joehandpromotions.com/venue-search

Available in the US on Bleacher Report and traditional PPV carriers, and on FITE outside the US.

The pre-show begins at 7PM EST, with the PPV beginning at 8PM EST!

The card:

Pre-Show Matches
Hook vs. QT Marshall
Kris Statlander vs. Leyla Hirsch

TBS Title Match
Jade Cargill vs. Tay Conti

Tornado Rules Match
Sammy Guevara, Sting, & Darby Allin vs. Matt Hardy, Andrade, & Isiah Kassidy

Women's Title Match
Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa

The House of Black vs. PAC, Erick Redbeard, & Penta El Zero

Tag Titles Match
Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus vs. Young Bucks vs. reDRagon

TNT Title Shot Ladder Match
Will Hobbs vs. Keith Lee vs. Wardlow vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Ricky Starks vs. Christian Cage

AEW World Title Match
Adam Page vs. Adam Cole

Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Kingston

Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson

Dog-Collar Match
CM Punk vs. MJF
DougN

Re: AEW Revolution 2022 - Sunday, March 6, 2022

Post by DougN »

As crazy as it is, I think the show is "too" loaded. Worried about length and about some matches having their time cut.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Follow-up, I almost think they should run an intermission at some point. Help space the card out better.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

DougN wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 am As crazy as it is, I think the show is "too" loaded. Worried about length and about some matches having their time cut.
I thought the same thing. This show looks like it will be 5 hours long.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I'm not too mad about 5 hours, but I'd rather they throw in a 20 minute intermission or something.
Montana

Post by Montana »

If it were me, I’d scrap the announced pre-show matches and move them to Dynamite/Rampage. Then put the Jade match and one of the 6 man tag on the pre-show.

Then it gives you 8 ppv matches for the 3+ hours.

Looking forward to the ppv. This card has a strong upper card, and assume the lower matches will still deliver. I don’t think AEW has put on a bad PPV yet, so I don’t see that changing.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

So far it’s been great show.
Montana

Post by Montana »

AEW Revolution Thoughts...

Very good PPV; probably a 8.5/10 for me. I was kinda like the crowd; where i got tired half way through. Started off hot; and all the matches were going all out. A little less; would have been a little more for me personally; but overall very good show.

Buy In -

Hirsch vs. Statlander 2.0 - Little more sloppy than i would have liked.

Hook vs QT 2.0 - played their role well.

House of Black vs. Pac/Red Beard/ Penta - 3.5 Greater pre-show match, SO MUCH talent in this match. Was a little surprising how much they've pushed red beard in the last week, and in this match. Wonder if it's just a short term thing. I kept thinking to myself, this is a pre-show match! So much talent.

Main Show

Jericho vs. Kingston -3.75 That opening suplex looked like it knocked Jericho silly; and certain some stiff shots and maybe some receipts in this match. Great opener

Jurassic Express vs. Young Bucks vs. Red Dragon. - 4.00 - 4.25 - Young Bucks always deliver an "elite" match. Liked the story they told with the match as well; with the Bucks and Dragon working together.

6 way Ladder match - 3.25 - Little disappointed with this one. I like spot fest and ladder matches; but the action just seemed a little too staged. Biggest thing was like everyone was dead on the outside, and Wardlow was alone in the ring; and could have easily climbed the ladder and won the match; but instead went to the outside to stomp the guys on the ground. Kinda minor; but took me out of the match a bit.

Jade vs. Tay - 3.0 Surprisingly this wasn't bad.

MJF vs. CM Punk 3.75 - 4.0 - Solid match ; i don't love MJF matches as much as everyone else; but this ended up being a really good match.

Britt vs. Thunder Rosa - Didn't watch yet

Moxley vs. Danielson - 3.5 - 3.75; Good not great; maybe i was just tired; but didn't love their chemistry. Pretty stiff brawling; which is fine for Mox; but have higher expectations for a Danielson match. Not too surprised, by this match on paper though.

Darby/Sting/Sammy vs. Andrade/Kassidy/Hardy - 3.25 - Some crazy spots here. fun stuff.

Hangman Page vs. Adam Cole 4.25-4.5 - Match of the night in my opinion. Everything was clean/crisp, good wrestling.

AEW PPVs are top notch; i just wish they had them more than once every 3 months; and not 50$ a pop. Can't wait for their streaming service and ROH to come on board; and we can get more "supercards". On a side note; i think 6 PPV's a year may be the sweet spot. I appreciate they don't try and over-do their PPV's to make a buck; but they've got the roster for it.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

4 ppv’s a year is best. I’m a guy who loves long builds, main reason why I wasn’t as into Cole/Hangman fued as I thought I would be but the match really delivered.

My way too soon guess for DON.

World: Page vs Punk
Tag: JE vs Black/Mathews.
Omega/Young Bucks vs Cole/O’Reilly/Fish
TNT: Sammy vs Strickland
MJF vs Wardlow
Moxley/Bryan vs FTR
Keith Lee vs Eddie Kingston
Womens: Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker-Steel Cage.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

First AEW PPV I have watched, only really started to enjoy AEW the last 3-4 months and still only sparingly watched up until the last month or so.

Overall I certainly enjoyed it, it felt like where WWE should be for the most part, there are certainly detractions, but I would say the pluses out way the minuses for now. If the booking a continues it’s current trend I’ll certainly continue to watch and probably invest in more PPV’s.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Great show, but man, I was so tired by the last few matches. I zoned out hard in the 6 man with Sammy and it looked good!

These shows need an intermission. I know it's not American style, but we're also not accustomed to PPVs like this. I think a 20 minute intermission in the middle is perfect.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DougN wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:56 am Great show, but man, I was so tired by the last few matches. I zoned out hard in the 6 man with Sammy and it looked good!

These shows need an intermission. I know it's not American style, but we're also not accustomed to PPVs like this. I think a 20 minute intermission in the middle is perfect.
That’ll require long conversations with the traditional PPV carriers as well as the Joe Hand Promotions locations, many who aren’t privy yet that the shows already tend to go longer than slotted for.

I think it’s also hard to sell a movie theater to wanna stay open even later on a Sunday night for a wrestling event, which is niche no matter if it was WWE.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I see your point, but I'm envisioning the same amount of PPV time. So they've already been able to get theaters and PPV providers to agree to 8 PM to 12 AM. Just fit a 20 minute intermission in there.

Yeah, you have to cut one match or cut 2 minutes from each big match/segment -- but I guarantee the crowd will react better and the show will be viewed even more favorably.

This is minor gripes. Just imagine with some ROH shows would have been like without an intermission.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Many movie theaters aren't being told beforehand that the shows go longer than slotted for. I missed out on key moments in the Full Gear main event because of these miscommunications.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Oh really? That fucking sucks! I've actually really wanted to go to a movie theater for AEW for a while now. COVID held me back, and this past Sunday, I had Monday deadlines so I was working while watching the PPV so it wouldn't fly. But I don't want to go to the theater just for them to have it mess up. Didn't know that at all.