Terminus Pro Wrestling Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Terminus Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by Montana »

Terminus Debut show today.... Who's watching? 15$ on Fite.tv
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I'll order it if they do have the show. There are some weather concerns in Atlanta as of now. I doubt the show is canceled but Terminus is offering refunds to those who bought tickets but won't be able to attend due to weather.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

I plan on watching it. Fite tv says 430 and Terminus twitter says 6 pm.

Either way both those times are hard for me so ill jump in at 8 and rewind it
Montana

Post by Montana »

I’ll be watching on tape delay as well. Hope the show does well.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Overall the first Terminus event was a solid wrestling show. Believe the run time was just under 2 hours and 30 minutes. The show featured ROH, Impact, and AEW talent. A more concentrated effort on in ring work, but not necessarily more so; than say ROH. While putting emphasis on the rules; it didn’t completely take over the psychology of the matches. Here’s some things that stood out to me:

The Good:

Talent for the show

The matches were all solid.

The main show had very little issues.

The main event – Gresham vs. Josh Alexander

The Announcers – Great to Hear Lenny Leonard and Dave Prazak together again.

Nice Surprise at the end.

Pure Rules

The Bad

The crowd. Weather issues affected; but either way; doesn’t look like the building held that many either way. Maybe 200 people; might be generous. Could be a cool venue, if they packed it in with people on the balcony.

Lack of promos - Baron Black cut a good promo. They did some good stuff for Gresham/Alexander. Felt more like a one off , indy show; rather than building characters, storylines, and stuff. Think the matches had stories to them; but I didn’t since this feels like a promotion with continuous storylines.
What is Terminus - Technically “modern age grappling” which it had great wrestling. It just didn’t feel that different to me. I worry there won’t be enough diversity in wrestling styles presented. It’s closest to the ROH/NJPW style; but with a mix of talent from other promotions.

The other:

Time limits - I wonder how I will like that long term. The Overtime idea is cool. I just worry ; if two wrestlers are having an amazing match; and they might need to cut it off; because of the time limit. Maybe it just helps with show flow with booking/time limits though.

Main event finish. Could be good or bad depending how you look at it.

Match Thoughts
Lee Moriarty vs. Josh Woods- 3.25 Nice opener

* Terminal Eliminator 4-Way Match: Daniel Garcia vs. JDX, Adam Priest, and Invictus Khash 3.5 – Wasn’t familiar with JDX, Priest, Khash but they looked great.

* Mike Bennett vs. Moose 1.5 – Basically this was the match to say, we have rules.

* Diamante vs. Janai Kai - 3.5 - Nice match here.

* IMPACT Digital Media Championship Match: Jordynne Grace vs. Kiera Hogan 3.25

* ROH World Championship: Bandido vs. Baron Black 3.00 - I hate to say this; but it looked like Baron Black shouldn’t have been in the ring with Bandido. Pretty sloppy, no chemistry; but they worked hard and had a decent match.

* Joe Keys & Dante Caballero vs. Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi – 3.5 Nice match; surprising finish

* Original ROH World Championship Match: Jonathan Gresham vs. Josh Alexander 4.00 – Great match; left the fans wanting more. Match of the night.

The ending; I thought was really good. Gresham/Bandido face off. Santana showing up was awesome. Think he could be a top guy for a promotion; don’t think he’s coming out Champ at the next show; but I like the thought.

All in all, I’ll give the show a 7/10. I liked what I saw; I think if the matches all got a few more minutes each; could have helped them overall. Wasn’t much that built on future shows; expect the ending. That would have helped me enjoy it more. If you like ROH pure wrestling, you’ll be satisfied with this show/promotion.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I enjoyed what I saw of the show. I wasn't fully watching the middle on the show since I made the mistake of trying to watch a wrestling show while gambling on the NFL. I really liked Woods/Moriarty, Bennett/Moose and the main event. The tag match was pretty good as well. I will agree with Montana that Baron Black looked out of his league. He has talent but wasn't ready to tear down the house with the likes of Bandido. Santana showing up was odd to me since I'm used to him as a tag wrestler and how awkward it made me feel for Bandido being out there for the promo. All in all I saw enough I liked to want to watch the next Terminus show in February.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I wasn't able to watch live. Is there some other platform this was (legally) broadcast on? It'd be a pain in the ass to have to wait 30 days to see this (although that would let me sign up the week of the 2nd show...)
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:41 pm I wasn't able to watch live. Is there some other platform this was (legally) broadcast on? It'd be a pain in the ass to have to wait 30 days to see this (although that would let me sign up the week of the 2nd show...)
Fite makes you wait 30 days?
Big Red Machine

kovs27 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:43 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:41 pm I wasn't able to watch live. Is there some other platform this was (legally) broadcast on? It'd be a pain in the ass to have to wait 30 days to see this (although that would let me sign up the week of the 2nd show...)
Fite makes you wait 30 days?
That's how I read their membership perks:

Unlimited on-demand access to selected PPVs by 140+ organizations 30 days after the live airing
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

My review of the TERMINUS debut is below

A few technical issues, and I have a few reservations about how limiting some of those rules will be in the longer term - but on the whole it was a solid show which breezes by.

I liked Bandido/Baron more than most (despite some obvious errors), I thought Janai/Diamanté was REALLY fun, Keys and Caballero looked better in a single match than they ever did in ROH, and Gresh/Alexander was predictably awesome. All narrated by the joyous, comforting, familiar and still excellent soundtrack of Dave Prazak and Lenny Leonard. I will never tire of hearing those two call shows together…

http://mcxalsreviews.yolasite.com/terminus001.php
Big Red Machine

Never mind. I've figured it out.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shane Strickland has been announced for the 2nd Terminus show.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Looks like Terminus is running another event May 22nd (13 days away)

https://411mania.com/wrestling/terminus ... his-month/

TERMINUS has announced a new ‘Modern Age Grappling event for later this month in Georgia, which will stream on FITE TV. The event happens on May 22 at the Underground Fite Factory in Hampton, GA. It will feature Jonathan Gresham, Baron Black, Josh Woods, Rhett Titus and more.

Modern Age Grappling is professional wrestling presented with enforced pro wrestling rules, with a strong emphasis on different wrestling styles from around the world, performed by some of pro wrestling’s most gifted grapplers.

Here in MAG – outside of the hard strikes, high flying, and precise technical ability – in ring story telling is the key ingredient. We believe that styles make fights. If you are looking for a different professional wrestling experience, then look no further – MAG is here, and we are wrestling!

The grapplers performing have been seen on national TV, in top promotions around the world, including AEW, ROH, WWE/NXT, IMPACT, NJPW, ZERO 1, NWA, DDT, PWG, wXw, PROGRESS, and many more!

Calling the action at ring side will be former ROH, Evolve/DGUSA and current Dragon Gate Japan english commentator Lenny Lenard! He will be joined by former NWA World champion and current AEW Superstar Boom Boom Colt Cabana!

Matches will be contested under pro wrestling rules, with a twist. Matches will be broken up into six rounds of five minute segments, with a 30 second break given to the contenders between rounds. Time limits will be strictly adhered to.