Jimmy Rave has retired

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
indyfan

Re: Jimmy Rave has retired

Post by indyfan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:27 pm
indyfan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:41 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:15 pm

Yes, very sad he chose not to have health insurance and spent money on drugs when he was younger.
Man...whats is wrong with you....
Sorry, I just think it’s wrong for “famous people” to ask regular joes for money. Should have saved money when he worked and had insurance. Everyone looks for a bailout to cover up their own bad decisions.
Honestly, your original comment is sickening. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Maybe he did save money and now its all gone because the US is fuckin retarded when it comes to healthcare. Hes hardly famous either.

Seriously i dont care what job is offered, id turn down relocating to the US until they mimicked other western countries in regards to public healthcare. No one should have to pay out of pocket like that.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yes, very sad he chose not to have health insurance and spent money on drugs when he was younger.
Sorry, I just think it’s wrong for “famous people” to ask regular joes for money. Should have saved money when he worked and had insurance. Everyone looks for a bailout to cover up their own bad decisions.
To be fair, during the peak of his wrestling run - 2005-2009; i'm guessing he probably makes less than what a majority of people on this board make. Maybe 25-50K max. Then, after that; even less. I don't really think you can call him famous; as he may be mostly known for a brief stint as a low end tag team in TNA. Most people wouldn't even recognize him today. I understand; people make poor life decisions; but there's nothing wrong for asking for help when you need it.

Now here's something Ring of Honor (SBG) could step up for; and pay for one of their legends surgery/medical bills. I get he was a pre-SBG wrestler; but sometimes it's the right thing to do. Especially when he was most famous for his ROH career. Or hell; release a crown jewel Ippv/DVD best of Jimmy Rave' with the proceedings going to help Jimmy with his medical bills.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Montana wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:13 am

To be fair, during the peak of his wrestling run - 2005-2009; i'm guessing he probably makes less than what a majority of people on this board make. Maybe 25-50K max. Then, after that; even less. I don't really think you can call him famous; as he may be mostly known for a brief stint as a low end tag team in TNA. Most people wouldn't even recognize him today. I understand; people make poor life decisions; but there's nothing wrong for asking for help when you need it.

Now here's something Ring of Honor (SBG) could step up for; and pay for one of their legends surgery/medical bills. I get he was a pre-SBG wrestler; but sometimes it's the right thing to do. Especially when he was most famous for his ROH career. Or hell; release a crown jewel Ippv/DVD best of Jimmy Rave' with the proceedings going to help Jimmy with his medical bills.
I believe he had a stint during SBG as well.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:37 pm Health insurance is a scam. Shit is supposed to.cover your medical expenses yet when I had to make an ER visit in June over a broken foot I got a bill for $735 for what my insurance decided they didn't want to pay. And you know how fast that debt goes to a collection agency, wasn't even a month afterward and I got mail from a collection agency over it. Then when you ask your insurance and the facility where you recieved treatment about how that bill can be excused they act like you're speaking some ancient language to them.
Yeah that sucks. Still $735 is better than what you would have paid without. All insurances aren’t the same. Most companies have different levels and different types. Maybe look into what you’re getting or not getting.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

supersonic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:33 pm Gotta love the American healthcare system.

https://twitter.com/thejimmyrave/status ... 91654?s=21

you a re a fucking moron.
DougN

Post by DougN »

supersonic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:33 pm Gotta love the American healthcare system.

You're a terrible person. There's no point in arguing with you. You're just a terrible person.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I’d buy a collectors edition best of Jimmy Rave with proceeds going to him, just saying. Say what you want about anything but the toilet paper throwing in place of streamers Crown Jewel Jimmy Rave was awesome.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

EvanKnight wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:13 am I’d buy a collectors edition best of Jimmy Rave with proceeds going to him, just saying. Say what you want about anything but the toilet paper throwing in place of streamers Crown Jewel Jimmy Rave was awesome.
Jimmy Rave has so many great matches and feuds. Best heel in the companies history.

The best crown Jewel
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

indyfan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:28 am
I believe he had a stint during SBG as well.
Yep, was part of Scum in 2013.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Choosing to ignore a despicable comment earlier in this thread

I actually think a ‘Collector Series’ Best Of Jimmy Rave DVD would be a pretty cool idea to help us raise some money for him. Certainly a more worthwhile cause (and definitely a bigger seller) than randomly re-releasing an old War Of The Worlds show that people couldn’t even give away on eBay…

It’s just heartbreaking to see what has happened to Jimmy. That mid-00’s run with Nana in The Embassy was such a lightning in a bottle period - and so much fun. He was also a really lovely guy when I met him at Anarchy In The UK/5th Year Festival Finale. I really wish him the best. I too would love to see ROH/Sinclair step up to help him out here…
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:13 am

A lot of people (because they don't listen to the pod interviews with people like Jimmy Rave or Lenny Leonard) don't recognize just how much of a mom and pop shop ROH was. To think this was a big operation and not a money losing indy with shiny lights would be wrong. Jimmy's run here was done in 2007 because he broke his jaw in a match in England. If someone wrestling was making 50K a year in ROH in the time Rave was here, I'd like to know where the other 25K was coming from.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

is there anyway ROH can be given the idea to maybe help out or do a jimmy rave collectors set where the proceeds go to him? Id buy it too.

Theres a gofundme set up and its pretty close to reaching its goal. Sorry if this breaks any rules

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jimmyrave
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

I normally passed by your comments as they usually come across as arrogant but this is on a whole new level.
- H
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Goes from terrible to horrific for Jimmy. ROH should do something for him.
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:06 am is there anyway ROH can be given the idea to maybe help out or do a jimmy rave collectors set where the proceeds go to him? Id buy it too.

Theres a gofundme set up and its pretty close to reaching its goal. Sorry if this breaks any rules

Having spoken to Jimmy, the cashapp would go directly to him immediately and allow him to use that while he is still in the hospital. The Gofundme is in a protected fund managed by Jimmy's girlfriend(girlfriend) and student(anthony). That is a fund used for longer term treatment and hospital costs.

I did speak to Jimmy this afternoon and he said today was a good day for him and he was pretty upbeat and appreciative of everyone's support.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Links plus Jeff's explanation of money allocation added to the OP.
AnHonorableMention

supersonic wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:22 pm Links plus Jeff's explanation of money allocation added to the OP.
Thank you. Lot more information to come in the coming weeks and months as this is going to be a very long and stressful endeavor that will hopefully help Jimmy live a productive life going forward.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:00 pm
indyfan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:06 am is there anyway ROH can be given the idea to maybe help out or do a jimmy rave collectors set where the proceeds go to him? Id buy it too.

Having spoken to Jimmy, the cashapp would go directly to him immediately and allow him to use that while he is still in the hospital. The Gofundme is in a protected fund managed by Jimmy's girlfriend(girlfriend) and student(anthony). That is a fund used for longer term treatment and hospital costs.

I did speak to Jimmy this afternoon and he said today was a good day for him and he was pretty upbeat and appreciative of everyone's support.
Im happy to hear his spirits are up!!! Also thanks for the added info.

Tell him hes the real Crown Jewel!!!!
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:20 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:00 pm

Im happy to hear his spirits are up!!! Also thanks for the added info.

Tell him hes the real Crown Jewel!!!!
He's still got time left getting IV's so he's gonna need positive reinforcement to keep fighting. Hit him up on twitter and let him know!
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Will do!!!