Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shanahan

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Shanahan »

I'm crazy to think SOS wins tag titles this weekend? This is reason i like no crowds tapings. No spoilers so i can dream on. I think SOS is ready for a monster push. Both men have improved so much over last 2 years.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I'm not fond of tag titles being thrown around so much, but I'd prefer SoS as tag team champs over Lee/King. But I doubt it, I think LFI retains and this somehow builds towards Shane/King singles match.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

I like to see SOS as Tag Champions sooner than later. I agree about the title is thrown around too much (& also put on made-up combination of wrestlers). It would be better for the tag team division to have Champions that are a proper tag team & have a long reign. SOS have long-term contracts & STP is a hot commodity. The Shane Taylor/Kenny King feud would be better fuelled by SOS winning the titles & Taylor talking trash to King. Plus the unknown future situation with LFI means that it might be in ROH's best interest to get all the titles off of Dragon Lee before the end of Final Battle.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Another issue is that they'd be tag and 6 man champs. But I guess it is about time someone else wins 6 man belts (Lethal, Titus and Tracy?) and King could screw with Taylor during that match as a revenge.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm kinda 50/50 on SOS vs LFI.... but feels like the momentum is on SOS's side. With Rush potentially leaving; I assume they disband LFI sooner rather than later; or at least plant some seeds. If it is over for them; hoping they have enough time to write them off; and put someone over. Or maybe they want Dragon Lee in a main event spot now that Rush is out of the picture. I wouldn't be too mad if it was Bandido vs Dragon Lee at Final Battle.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I hope LFI breaks up. Lee joins Bandido only to turn on him later setting up a match at BITW. Kenny can job to Taylor & maybe join up with Castle/Draper group.
DougN

Post by DougN »

II'm sold on SOS, but I just don't love the trios belts still. ROH doesn't have the roster to support it.

I woud love to see SOS as tag champs right now. They're still green compared to the rest of the roster, but the only other options to me are OGK and Briscoes and we've seen both over and over. I'd rather someone new/young get elevated.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I like SOS and they improving every time but they aren’t ready for the belts, they need a seasoning push against someone like OGK. Give them a series of matches too really make their name in the ring and with a variety of stipulations to see what they can do long term.

I think overall Shane and SOS have made the three man belts mean something, having defended them in a variety of promotions now, more people know they are the three man champs than most of the guys before them.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I don't disagree with you. They aren't really ready for the belts, but I don't think anyone really is. The tag division in ROH is not good and while they've elevated the trios belt, that division sucks too. I'm only advocating for them getting the belts because they are an actual team and not one that's been together-ish for 7+ years, aka OGK and Briscoes.

If OGK win the belts and then lose them to SOS, I have no problem whatsoever.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

DougN wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:10 am I don't disagree with you. They aren't really ready for the belts, but I don't think anyone really is. The tag division in ROH is not good and while they've elevated the trios belt, that division sucks too. I'm only advocating for them getting the belts because they are an actual team and not one that's been together-ish for 7+ years, aka OGK and Briscoes.

If OGK win the belts and then lose them to SOS, I have no problem whatsoever.
Yeah I can totally understand your tag on the tag division, it needs a lot of work compared to most parts of the company. It’s got a real issue with anything credible right now and the OGK are def in the right place at the right time in a sense.

I think the trios title are incredibly easy to fix. I mean you probably need to get someone up with the Bandido and Horus, someone with The OGK, a slight restricting of LFI, maybe the Briscoes, you could also develop the Dojo guys into a three, same goes for Castle and Dak.

You add that to STP, The Foundation, VU and that’s easily a proper division.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they need to give dutch and bateman ring time, maybe we can see a new good tag team.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Bateman and Dutch would make a good tag team.

I think the tag divison is OK; but they lack proper tag teams. They've also passed the belts around too way fast. Lethal and Gresham should have had an epic run; but Covid kinda got in the way. Then it went from LFI, to foundation, to Violence Unlimited, back to LFI within 12 months. Which if they were running 2-4 shows a month, it wouldn't be as bad; but they've been on a very limited schedule.. thus maybe 1-2 title defenses each before dropping the belts.
DougN

Post by DougN »

That's my thing. What real tag teams are there now?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:10 am they need to give dutch and bateman ring time, maybe we can see a new good tag team.
I like this option for a team but it seems all of The Rightous are focused on helping Vinny win the World title.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

DougN wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:49 am That's my thing. What real tag teams are there now?
Lee/King
Homicide/Dickinson
SOS
Briscoes
OGK
Bandido/Horus
Bouncers
Castle/Draper
Keys/Caballero ( :D )

Not good depth.
DougN

Post by DougN »

So four teams and five singles thrown together.

And of the four teams, one is clearly a joke team, two are acts that have been around for a long time, and one is new.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Most guys start out as singles and then form a team. Are Ethan Page/Scorpio Sky not a tag team? Every promotion puts singles wrestlers together not just ROH. We can agree tho that they need more tag teams. An additional 3 to 5 would be the best
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:31 pm Most guys start out as singles and then form a team. Are Ethan Page/Scorpio Sky not a tag team? Every promotion puts singles wrestlers together not just ROH. We can agree tho that they need more tag teams. An additional 3 to 5 would be the best
And where would these 3 to 5 teams find Tv time?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Juice Robinson had a interview with Fightful and said about ROH "he's very open" to doing work there again. I would always welcome back FinJuice
DougN

Post by DougN »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:40 pm
Shanahan wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:31 pm Most guys start out as singles and then form a team. Are Ethan Page/Scorpio Sky not a tag team? Every promotion puts singles wrestlers together not just ROH. We can agree tho that they need more tag teams. An additional 3 to 5 would be the best
And where would these 3 to 5 teams find Tv time?
Yeah, that's a hard thing, but the flip side is having super weak divisions.