ROH TV

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Montana

Re: ROH TV

Post by Montana »

I enjoyed this past episode as well. PJ and Flip was really good for what it was, i thought. Both guys looked good. Main Event was good. I was actually thinking now would be a good time for Kenny for get a W, as it's been a while. I thought Gresham could eat an L in the match too, since he's unstoppable in Pure rules matches.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Montana wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:16 am I enjoyed this past episode as well. PJ and Flip was really good for what it was, i thought. Both guys looked good. Main Event was good. I was actually thinking now would be a good time for Kenny for get a W, as it's been a while. I thought Gresham could eat an L in the match too, since he's unstoppable in Pure rules matches.
Yea, after it was over i thought it was the right call and having Deepen's move put him out was smart.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Horus beat yehi ,leon beat quinn and shane taylor promotions beat the foundation by Edwards pinning keys
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:01 pm Horus beat yehi ,leon beat quinn and shane taylor promotions beat the foundation by Edwards pinning keys
And there goes alot of credibility for the Women’s tournament, really?, for once they couldn’t have just said no to this shit. Boggles my mind constantly.

Nice for Edwards getting a pin, although Keys is the easy out there.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so still one spot left for the tournament....weird.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, it was pretty predictable Keys was taking the pin.

I was pretty surprised Mandy won, but at least she cheated. ROH is unfortunately too loyal at times to it's wrestlers. I assume this all leads somewhere story line wise, plus there is still 1 spot left. I assume that's going to Quinn. It will be interesting to see how the upcoming TV will feature the women's tournament. I assume 3 matches episodes, with 1 women's match per. maybe the semi finals at Glory by Honor; and believe they said the finals would be at Death Before Dishonor.

Next weeks show didn't exactly get me that excited; Flip vs World Famous CB; PCO vs. Sledge & Castle vs Draper vs Eli (Which could be pretty good) Basically 2 squash matches and a decent triple threat. Maybe the 2 shorter matches will surprise.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I'm not shocked Quinn lost. Something wasn't right about the spot being open for Quinn to be against Mandy again. Maybe Maria has a surprise entry that squashes Mandy.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Boy they really stepped on their dicks with this whole Allure garbage yet again. It's not heel heat, it's turn off the stream/change the channel heat. If Mandy wasn't dating Delirious she'd be unemployed.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well, it was an OK episode of ROH this week. Kinda glad they actually aired it. I think to be fair, the women are 1-2 steps behind, but they are also working towards building a division so you need some women with potential. Thought all 6 competitors were worth being in the tournament.

I thought alize and gracia was a bit underwhelming in the ring with some botches, but I think these two are worth signing. I could see major promotions trying to sign gracia soon, but she still needs some work. Potential is there, based on her looks.

Savoy and Maserati was fine. About what you’d expect.

Sumie and Rok-C… This kinda surprised me and kinda different. I think the finish made sense. New division, new feel. I thought Rok-C looked extremely good for her age. Sumie did really good too.

After watching, I think it’s a fine stand alone product, but side by side with the guys it’s a step or two back imo. Now maybe once we get in the later rounds, it won’t feel as much of a gap. Seems like they’ve got some decent building blocks… they just need to figure out how to distribute their content better. I think making the show 2 hours, would help ease this content in… but who knows with live events/Honorclub.

Side note: just as a whole… the tournament is lacking some star power. I guess you have Angelina love, but like getting a Mickie James, Deonna P , or even wait till Chelsea Green can wrestle would have helped. Looked like they got a few veteran women’s wrestlers and some up and coming ones, which is fine. But with a National product, you want some stars to make the up and comers, in my opinion.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I’m watching right now and Ian keeps saying “15 women in the tournament”. They can’t even get their storylines straight. This is airing after they announced Quinn in the tournament to make 16
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:10 am I’m watching right now and Ian keeps saying “15 women in the tournament”. They can’t even get their storylines straight. This is airing after they announced Quinn in the tournament to make 16
Angelina gets a bye. It's 15. Now Apologize to Ian. :D
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:35 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:10 am I’m watching right now and Ian keeps saying “15 women in the tournament”. They can’t even get their storylines straight. This is airing after they announced Quinn in the tournament to make 16
Angelina gets a bye. It's 15. Now Apologize to Ian. :D
You’re right! I forgot about that. My bad. Apologies
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

That was such a boring episode. 3 below average matches that felt like they were in slow mo. Savoy is the only one TV ready. Rok-C has potential but she is 3 years away. The right people won but man oh man if this is what "The Best Wrestling on the Planet" is gonna offer up...yikes.

Also, while i love Ian he needs to relax when calling these matches. He's yelling about a weak elbow as if Minoru Suzuki was throwing it. I know why he was doing that but don't insult our intelligence. We have eyes, they aren't vicious.

ROH,AEW,MLW,NWA need to realize the top women are in Stardom & WWE/NXT & this whole project is a waste of time. Even Impact's women's division is really light at the moment.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

really glad with the results, right people won.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Agreed that all the right people won. I think I enjoyed the Rok-C/Sumie match more than others, I was pretty sure Rok-C was going to win but a couple of those false finishes got me to bite.

The opener was weak but I have liked what I've seen from Alize so far. She is confident on camera and cuts a good promo. I'd like to see a few more matches with her to get a better idea of her in ring work.

Nicole Savoy is my favorite wrestler in the tournament and while I enjoyed her match it was a bit clunky. Sometimes a first time matchup isn't as smooth as you would like it to be. I think her and Alize will be better.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Soo the Detroit Lions preseason game is on FOX instead of Smackdown now; THEN the Replay later in the night of the football game is on Bally Sports instead of ROH. At least SD there is a replay; but they just aren't showing ROH this week. : (

I know this can't be the only market the TV show doesn't actually air some/most weeks. This could be the reason ROH gets "up to 500K " viewers some weeks.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:53 pm Soo the Detroit Lions preseason game is on FOX instead of Smackdown now; THEN the Replay later in the night of the football game is on Bally Sports instead of ROH. At least SD there is a replay; but they just aren't showing ROH this week. : (

I know this can't be the only market the TV show doesn't actually air some/most weeks. This could be the reason ROH gets "up to 500K " viewers some weeks.
There’s pretty much no way ROH TV gets even close to 500,000k in any week. There’s 100 ways to watch it, but none that matter.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I thought Champions vs All Stars should of been given more time. Thought woman's match went way too long. Not on the exact time but felt like it went 15 mins. No thanks.
DougN

Post by DougN »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:07 pm
Montana wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:53 pm Soo the Detroit Lions preseason game is on FOX instead of Smackdown now; THEN the Replay later in the night of the football game is on Bally Sports instead of ROH. At least SD there is a replay; but they just aren't showing ROH this week. : (

There’s pretty much no way ROH TV gets even close to 500,000k in any week. There’s 100 ways to watch it, but none that matter.
To be fair, I think it's very easy to get up to 500k when you're on so many affiliates countless times throughout the week. Think about it. Waiting room TVs. Also, a LOT of people sleep with the TV on or, and this is a big one I just heard about recently, a lot of people will turn the TV off but not the set-top-box or cable box which means the program is still running for however long the time out schedule is.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.