Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:57 am
famicommander wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:18 am
I don't think this means a whole lot. Maybe that's how it is from NJPW's perspective, but grumpy ol' CMLL ain't working with any of those promotions besides NJPW. Especially with AEW and Impact openly working with AAA.
It's funny because if you scroll down on the tweet someone asked about AAA and Rockey responded "No thanks"
Rock knows where his bread is buttered.

It's funny because he's even worked for AAA before, from 2008-2010. Probably had a bad experience there as most do.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think if ROH can come into this gradually it will really help, right now it almost feels like where Impact was a year ago, building credibility with their audience. Finding their role or idea of the wrestling they want to present and building from there.

I think if ROH can deliver in Philly both nights, that will be a big step forward, then DBD delivers both in crowd and in ring then I feel the fan base will really be there and that’s when you should start to drip in the NWA, NJPW, Impact and AEW (maybe).
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Why on earth would they jump into that stupid convoluted mess of a relationship, especially if as in your scenario, the crowds are good without them?

How could any fan of Impact look at what this relationship has produced and want anything like that for ROH? Am I taking crazy pills?
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Quinn McKay and Dak Draper are officially engaged.

Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I'm watching BOTP tonight and they had TV episode with Woods/Silas Pure Match. I forgot they teased a German Suplex to outside during this match. Little things like that make me really enjoy this channel.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

One guy from ROH The Experience Facebook Group informs:
Wrestling Observer Live is starting to do RoH weekly tv reviews on Wednesdays to replace the NXT review they were doing.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Is anyone salty about impact partnership with new japan because roh fans are being excused of being mad over it
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:17 am Is anyone salty about impact partnership with new japan because roh fans are being excused of being mad over it
Im not. Im not a huge fan of njpw. ROH is better off without them.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

CM Punk Update - ROH Had Reached Out, "were told that story, opponents and general plans were more important than dollars offered." - Fightful Select
"In the hours that followed the CM Punk story, we learned more about companies that have reached out to him. Fightful Select was told that in January of 2020 Ring of Honor -- specifically Marty Scurll, who had been leading the charge at that point -- asked to send out feelers to CM Punk. Obviously those conversations didn't go very very far, but people in Ring of Honor that heard of the conversations say that they were told that story, opponents and general plans were more important than dollars offered."
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:17 am Is anyone salty about impact partnership with new japan because roh fans are being excused of being mad over it
Not really. It's kind of nice watching over promotions putting over New Japan guys rather than ROH.

I don't like the Omega belt collector storyline but I do like the cooperation between all these different companies
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

No as ROH is still in a re-building phase but do I wish they will slowly and in limited fashion become involved with NJPW, AEW yeah for sure.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Ring of Honor needs to focus on creating a compelling experience that differentiates itself from other wrestling promotions. It's in their best interest to finish the summer started by Best In The World (July) with quality shows for Glory By Honor I/II (August) & Death Before Dishonor (September). The live audience reaction & critical acclaim is a better indicator of the future of Honor than anything else. Best In The World created momentum & recognition with its in-house talent. The current goal should be to strongly finish the summer trilogy ... building towards the autumn months ... leading to Final Battle.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 am
Not really. It's kind of nice watching over promotions putting over New Japan guys rather than ROH.

I don't like the Omega belt collector storyline but I do like the cooperation between all these different companies
The Belt Collector Storyline would be good if the storyline actually played out on TV. AEW barely acknowledges IMPACT or AAA titles. No crossover storylines between companies or any belt collector fueds. IMPACT has only did the bare minimum with Omega. It's Callis who has done all the work.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:38 pm
kovs27 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 am

The Belt Collector Storyline would be good if the storyline actually played out on TV. AEW barely acknowledges IMPACT or AAA titles. No crossover storylines between companies or any belt collector fueds. IMPACT has only did the bare minimum with Omega. It's Callis who has done all the work.
Yuup. That is why it’s not a “hot” angle. Not because Impact fans are upset Omega has “their” belt.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Alex Shelley is back working a GCW show soon.

Hopefully that means he's back in one or all of ROH, NJPW, Impact soon.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 am Alex Shelley is back working a GCW show soon.

Hopefully that means he's back in one or all of ROH, NJPW, Impact soon.
More Alex Shelley. A great wrestler and such a nice person.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I don't know where they said this a friend of mine texted me and told me that famous cb and bennett said some big things are in the works at roh
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:18 pm I don't know where they said this a friend of mine texted me and told me that famous cb and bennett said some big things are in the works at roh
That could mean anything, especially coming from two employees.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Yeah I’m not one to be overly negative unnecessarily - but current ROH employee saying ‘big things are coming’ on repeat feels a lot like a musical artist saying ‘I really think this is some of the best stuff I’ve ever written’ EVERY time they release a new album. Or The Walking Dead producers insisting that season 38 really will be ‘the most shocking and exciting season yet’

It’s not a bad thing. But current employees are hardly going to say ‘we’ve got some decidedly average, middle of the road content coming up - it’s pretty skippable’.

Proof is in the product. It’s decent ATM. I hope they continue in an upward trend and deliver some really solid live events. I’ll believe the ‘big things’ when I see them.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:18 pm I don't know where they said this a friend of mine texted me and told me that famous cb and bennett said some big things are in the works at roh
I saw this mentioned in the Facebook group as well. Where is this quote from?