Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Looking back on what I said about best in the world matches being promoted on youtube it seems week by week being treated like it's a second hour of roh and i think you might see more of that when roh starts touring again
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

A friend of mine sent my a screenshot of roh asking on Facebook which independent promotions do you want added on honorclub
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:44 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:39 pm https://twitter.com/cupofjoekeys/status ... 51398?s=21 Joe Keys on AEW Dark
devastating news
I wonder if he's still in with ROH; maybe he's on a per show deal with ROH & AEW until he gets offered a deal?? Or maybe his deal ended; but seemed like ROH started to use him regularly lately; seems foolish on a guy that's getting ready to leave.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so you care about the guy? ok then.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:48 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:39 pm https://twitter.com/cupofjoekeys/status ... 51398?s=21 Joe Keys on AEW Dark
devastating news
I wonder if he's still in with ROH; maybe he's on a per show deal with ROH & AEW until he gets offered a deal?? Or maybe his deal ended; but seemed like ROH started to use him regularly lately; seems foolish on a guy that's getting ready to leave.
Exactly. Why put his matches on TV and why put him on the podcast?

Someone below, asking if we care about him? No, but ROH should be promoting their wrestlers that have a “future” with the company. Not ones that are appearing on AEW weeks later.
Montana

Post by Montana »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 am

devastating news

Someone below, asking if we care about him? No, but ROH should be promoting their wrestlers that have a “future” with the company. Not ones that are appearing on AEW weeks later.
Exactly... i don't really care about Joe Keys; but just shows another flaw with the company. ROH has Keys in your "dojo/developmental" system for years; only to be called up for a few matches; promote him/hype him up; only to leave the company?? I guess the other problem would be the dojo in general. I honestly don't know where they are going with the dojo stuff; and what their goal is. They've conditioned the viewer to view the dojo talent as inferior... which isn't necessarily bad; but it's kinda few/far between of those who break out to be more than jobbers.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:41 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 am

Exactly... i don't really care about Joe Keys; but just shows another flaw with the company. ROH has Keys in your "dojo/developmental" system for years; only to be called up for a few matches; promote him/hype him up; only to leave the company?? I guess the other problem would be the dojo in general. I honestly don't know where they are going with the dojo stuff; and what their goal is. They've conditioned the viewer to view the dojo talent as inferior... which isn't necessarily bad; but it's kinda few/far between of those who break out to be more than jobbers.
Yeah, they are seen as jobbers, mostly because they’re younger and new to the business. However, you can’t give the majority of them a Goldberg type of push either.

You can’t blame the wrestlers though. You can go and tour with AEW or be on ROH TV like 5 times a year and mostly be in meaningless battle royals with your peers. 1 hour of TV and 1 match on WbW isn’t enough. It just isn’t.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so Joe Keys is the subject now...wow .
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:59 pm so Joe Keys is the subject now...wow .
Considering ROH put him on tv and did nothing with him and he had a bigger opportunity, I see no issue here.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:59 pm so Joe Keys is the subject now...wow .
It’s not really a joe keys subject , it’s an Guy who was on ROH one week, then AEW the next. Why isn’t that worthy of random thoughts?
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:00 pm
Considering ROH put him on tv and did nothing with him and he had a bigger opportunity, I see no issue here.
Again, he was recently on TV and was on the podcast, then shortly after he’s on AEW. Good for him. However, there’s nobody else on the roster they could have “won” that battle royal and be on the podcast? Vita Von Star was on this weeks, is she going to be in NXT in September?

It’s poor planning.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I don't know, its not like he was in some major angle or was actually doing something important. He gave a filler defence to Gresham and a "moderate" win to LSD.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Lynx wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 am I don't know, its not like he was in some major angle or was actually doing something important. He gave a filler defence to Gresham and a "moderate" win to LSD.
He was on the podcast on May 24th, less than a month ago. Why not give his TV time to SOS or Brody King, anyone you have under a contract through the rest of the year????
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

oh god..
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:16 pm
Again, he was recently on TV and was on the podcast, then shortly after he’s on AEW. Good for him. However, there’s nobody else on the roster they could have “won” that battle royal and be on the podcast? Vita Von Star was on this weeks, is she going to be in NXT in September?

It’s poor planning.
It's a get your house in order moment. But really ROH invested nothing in Joe so he's doing a job on Dark. I see no big deal here other than ROH needs to get their house in order. Too many people leaking and management looking completely inept.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:48 pm

It’s poor planning.
It's a get your house in order moment. But really ROH invested nothing in Joe so he's doing a job on Dark. I see no big deal here other than ROH needs to get their house in order. Too many people leaking and management looking completely inept.
Joe Keys started with ROH/Dojo in 2018, TPT in 2019...so in some fashion they were invested from a time perspective. He won a Battle Royale on May 15th episode with LSG; and did a podcast on May 24th.... I think he's was at the bottom of the ROH totem pole, and not a huge loss; but poor planning, and shows a lack oversight from management... especially when you have 1 hour of TV per week. My guess it was taped in April, but still.

What has STP done the last 3 months. After Shane Taylor lost to Rush in Late Feb; the only time STP has been on TV; was that May 15 episodes where STP beat Primal Fear. So in 4 months; they've failed to come up with some challengers/storyline for STP, your 6 man champs; Yet have time to Keys to win a Battle Royale. Maybe i'm being over critical; and think most everyone agrees 1 hour isn't enough for their roster size. They should be focusing on their stars, and building new stars. Not so much building depth.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:48 pm

It’s poor planning.
Joe Keys started with ROH/Dojo in 2018, TPT in 2019...so in some fashion they were invested from a time perspective. He won a Battle Royale on May 15th episode with LSG; and did a podcast on May 24th.... I think he's was at the bottom of the ROH totem pole, and not a huge loss; but poor planning, and shows a lack oversight from management... especially when you have 1 hour of TV per week. My guess it was taped in April, but still.

What has STP done the last 3 months. After Shane Taylor lost to Rush in Late Feb; the only time STP has been on TV; was that May 15 episodes where STP beat Primal Fear. So in 4 months; they've failed to come up with some challengers/storyline for STP, your 6 man champs; Yet have time to Keys to win a Battle Royale. Maybe i'm being over critical; and think most everyone agrees 1 hour isn't enough for their roster size. They should be focusing on their stars, and building new stars. Not so much building depth.
Exactly my point. NOBODY CARES THAT JOE KEYS LEFT. It’s the fact that he got TV and podcast time right before he left, while other ROH people are lucky to get on TV.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The wait is over, Philadelphia!

For the first time in nearly two years, Ring of Honor is returning to the historic 2300 Arena in the City of Brotherly Love for not one, but TWO, spectacular live events!

ROH presents Glory By Honor Night 1 on Friday, Aug. 20 and Glory By Honor Night 2 on Saturday, Aug. 21. Both shows will be streamed live for HonorClub.

GBH Night 1 is headlined by Flip Gordon challenging for the ROH World Championship, while Night 2 features current ROH World Champion RUSH and Dragon Lee of La Faccion Ingobernable against Bandido and Rey Horus.

Among the stars signed to be in action on both nights are the Briscoes, LFI, Violence Unlimited, The Foundation, EC3 and The OGK.

Keep it locked onto ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for ticket on-sale dates and match announcements.

Philadelphia has always been a special city for ROH, going all the way back to the company’s first live event, The Era of Honor Begins, at the Murphy Rec Center in 2002. The stars of ROH undoubtedly are chomping at the bit to remind the best wrestling fans on the planet why ROH is The Best Wrestling on the Planet!

Don’t miss your opportunity to see the hard-hitting, in-your-face action that only ROH can deliver live and in person!
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Is Joe Keys gone though...or is he just working AEWs lesser show
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 am The wait is over, Philadelphia!

For the first time in nearly two years, Ring of Honor is returning to the historic 2300 Arena in the City of Brotherly Love for not one, but TWO, spectacular live events!

ROH presents Glory By Honor Night 1 on Friday, Aug. 20 and Glory By Honor Night 2 on Saturday, Aug. 21. Both shows will be streamed live for HonorClub.

GBH Night 1 is headlined by Flip Gordon challenging for the ROH World Championship, while Night 2 features current ROH World Champion RUSH and Dragon Lee of La Faccion Ingobernable against Bandido and Rey Horus.

Among the stars signed to be in action on both nights are the Briscoes, LFI, Violence Unlimited, The Foundation, EC3 and The OGK.

Keep it locked onto ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for ticket on-sale dates and match announcements.

Philadelphia has always been a special city for ROH, going all the way back to the company’s first live event, The Era of Honor Begins, at the Murphy Rec Center in 2002. The stars of ROH undoubtedly are chomping at the bit to remind the best wrestling fans on the planet why ROH is The Best Wrestling on the Planet!

Don’t miss your opportunity to see the hard-hitting, in-your-face action that only ROH can deliver live and in person!
So the question here is, how do we get from July 11 to August 20 on television?

EDIT:
Women's tournament?