Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by famicommander »

They should've brought Hero back the instant his WWE no-compete expired.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:01 am They should've brought Hero back the instant his WWE no-compete expired.
Didn't he mention he wouldn't wrestle without crowds???
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ECK'S FILES:

Chris Hero on roh podcast: Hero talked about his longtime association with Castagnoli; the story behind the legendary ROH-CZW feud; whether a return to ROH could be in his future; his time in NXT; his series of grueling matches against CM Punk in IWA Mid-South; his new podcast, “Can Chris Hero Save Wrestling?” and much more.

A huge main event has been signed for Episode 501, which airs the weekend of April 24, as Violence Unlimited (Brody King, Homicide and Chris Dickinson) makes its debut against La Faccion Ingobernable (ROH World Champion RUSH, Kenny King and Bestia del Ring) in six-man tag action.

Also on that episode, two of ROH’s hottest young stars square off as Dak Draper takes on Eli Isom, and The Righteous (Bateman, Vita Von Starr and new member Dutch) will speak. ROH officials still have not heard from Righteous leader Vincent since his brutal unsanctioned match against Matt Taven at the 19th Anniversary show two weeks ago.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chris Hero made my day.... Hopefully he pops in for the 500th episode stuff, maybe with a video announcing a return.

Hopefully ROH can start making official roster moves soon. Andrade, Hero, Deppen, Homicide, Dickinson.... would feel better if they were signed.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

NEXT 3 WEEKS OF ROH TV:

* Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham vs. Bandido and Flamita, and Delirious and Rocky Romero in a Pure Rules Match

* Gresham vs. Lethal for the ROH Pure Rules Championship, and Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe.

* Brody King, Homicide and Chris Dickinson vs. “La Faccion Ingobernable” Rush, Kenny King, and Bestia Del Ring, Dak Draper vs. Eli Isom

Great wrestling coming soon
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:31 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 am
Shanahan wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Holy shit.......They have been doing this thing called a "tease" with Lethal always staring at the Pure Title. The Foundation have been wrestling each other to show what honor and pure wrestling looks like. Gresham has been calling the Pure Title the "most important title" since he won it. The Foundation has been trying to win all the titles to "cleanse" ROH, that's why Lethal was in 4 way #1 contender. This is what they call a long term storyline.

This is not hard to understand or follow unless........

YOU. DON'T. WATCH. THE. PRODUCT.

If you did you would know this was coming and not thrown together.
Why would you align with someone only to want their title? That's ridiculous. The World Title is the most important title. Also lolz to the you don't watch the product nonsense.
You have to be trolling or else you are a complete idiot. Either way you are severely annoying with anti Roh shit.
LOL LOL LOL LOL.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:57 pm NEXT 3 WEEKS OF ROH TV:

* Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham vs. Bandido and Flamita, and Delirious and Rocky Romero in a Pure Rules Match

* Gresham vs. Lethal for the ROH Pure Rules Championship, and Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe.

* Brody King, Homicide and Chris Dickinson vs. “La Faccion Ingobernable” Rush, Kenny King, and Bestia Del Ring, Dak Draper vs. Eli Isom

Great wrestling coming soon
Great wrestling been here my guy.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:01 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:01 am They should've brought Hero back the instant his WWE no-compete expired.
Didn't he mention he wouldn't wrestle without crowds???
He also mentioned he really didn’t want to risk his health when he didn’t have to.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 amWhy would you align with someone only to want their title?
At this point I'm not sure if you watch wrestling at all.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Show this week was pretty good. Romero vs Delirious over delivered and Delirious promo made me xare about the match.

Also really enjoyed the main event.

Just a great hour of pro wrestling
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

This is the 3rd episode past the PPV, not counting the one that aired the same weekend. We should have the next show lined up, with the main event already lined up. We’re the booker and his shitty gimmick in a throw away match. Should be an internet exclusive. Who is going to tune in to see Romero vs Delirious?

I haven’t watched it yet, and will probably skip it.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Rocky Romero vs Delirious was excellent and considering Delirious only books himself a few times per year and nearly always books himself to eat the pin, I am fine with him being on the episode. Rocky needed a win and there was history there. Both guys debuted for ROH on the same day in 2004 and they traded wins until 2007.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 am Rocky Romero vs Delirious was excellent and considering Delirious only books himself a few times per year and nearly always books himself to eat the pin, I am fine with him being on the episode. Rocky needed a win and there was history there. Both guys debuted for ROH on the same day in 2004 and they traded wins until 2007.
He was also in the pure tournament. So already at least twice in less than a year, after being off for most of 2020.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:14 am This is the 3rd episode past the PPV, not counting the one that aired the same weekend. We should have the next show lined up, with the main event already lined up. We’re the booker and his shitty gimmick in a throw away match. Should be an internet exclusive. Who is going to tune in to see Romero vs Delirious?

I haven’t watched it yet, and will probably skip it.
I went in with the same view....came out after watching it with a different view. Honestly it was a great match and the back story was there to help the story of it. Id recommend watching it
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:05 am
famicommander wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 am Rocky Romero vs Delirious was excellent and considering Delirious only books himself a few times per year and nearly always books himself to eat the pin, I am fine with him being on the episode. Rocky needed a win and there was history there. Both guys debuted for ROH on the same day in 2004 and they traded wins until 2007.
He was also in the pure tournament. So already at least twice in less than a year, after being off for most of 2020.
He literally said in his promo that he needed this fight, but afterwards he will return to the shadows because he doesn't like the attention.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:59 am
He literally said in his promo that he needed this fight, but afterwards he will return to the shadows because he doesn't like the attention.
Who cares? Could have had a dojo guy lose to Rocky. At least that guy gets on TV and gets to work with a good wrestler. I didn’t watch his promo, I don’t care about that character. And you can’t listen to it, like you can to every other English speaking wrestler.

If you guys like it, that’s fine, but I guarantee a lot of others don’t him on ROH programming.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:24 am
famicommander wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:59 am

Who cares? Could have had a dojo guy lose to Rocky. At least that guy gets on TV and gets to work with a good wrestler. I didn’t watch his promo, I don’t care about that character. And you can’t listen to it, like you can to every other English speaking wrestler.

If you guys like it, that’s fine, but I guarantee a lot of others don’t him on ROH programming.
Based on what, exactly?

He's been in ROH for over 17 years. ROH fans know who he is and they know who Rocky is. This way Rocky gets a win over a name opponent without any regular roster members having to take an L to a part time guy.

There are a lot of things about Delirious over the years worthy of criticism but his booking of himself is not one of them. He has had fewer than 20 matches since the start of 2018 and several of those were battle royals. He has never once booked himself to win a title unlike the McMahons, The Elite, Gedo, Ultimo Guerrero, Vince Russo, etc.

It was a great opening match between two ROH originals. Nothing more, nothing less.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

When you have two matches a week, I think putting a younger guy in to lose is better than Delirious. It’s a shit character. What story is it advancing or paying off?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:28 pm When you have two matches a week, I think putting a younger guy in to lose is better than Delirious. It’s a shit character. What story is it advancing or paying off?
What story would have been told with random dojo guy losing??? Nothing. This told a story and was also really good match that i was shocked at how much i enjoyed.

I'm still not happy about lose follow up from PPV but i can forgive it if the TV is still good...which is it.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:35 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:28 pm When you have two matches a week, I think putting a younger guy in to lose is better than Delirious. It’s a shit character. What story is it advancing or paying off?
What story would have been told with random dojo guy losing??? Nothing. This told a story and was also really good match that i was shocked at how much i enjoyed.

I'm still not happy about lose follow up from PPV but i can forgive it if the TV is still good...which is it.
If you’re going to have random TV matches that don’t mean anything, I would put guys - who aren’t on TV there.