Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shanahan

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:57 pm I really enjoyed PCO vs. Dragon Lee. I think that may have been PCO's best singles match thus far in ROH.
Agreed.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Csonka review "ROH Bound by Honor 2020 was an overall really good show, with a lot of good and fun wrestling and the only negative being Bully Ray. Even the women’s match was solid."

even marty scurll cant get ride of fucking bully ray.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Looks like people are saying last night's show was a good one. Fingers crossed that tonight's will be good as well. I will be there, hopefully they will leave a good impression in their Missouri debut.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:57 pm I really enjoyed PCO vs. Dragon Lee. I think that may have been PCO's best singles match thus far in ROH.
Have to agree too... it’s was certainly up there.

I was counting that match out, and thought their styles wouldn’t clash well, but worked out great.

Overall real good show. Thought they continued to build LFI vs VE nicely. Think I need more matches with Rush/Brody and Flip. Eli Isom did really good on the show.

Could we see Rush vs Flip for the ROH title at Supercard of Honor?!?
jhtrewin

Post by jhtrewin »

Montana wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:46 am
Have to agree too... it’s was certainly up there.

I was counting that match out, and thought their styles wouldn’t clash well, but worked out great.

Overall real good show. Thought they continued to build LFI vs VE nicely. Think I need more matches with Rush/Brody and Flip. Eli Isom did really good on the show.

Could we see Rush vs Flip for the ROH title at Supercard of Honor?!?
I thought it was a good show. And I was also pleasantly surprised my PCO vs Dragon Lee, they put together a good match.

I did feel like they were setting up a Flip/Rush match. If Rush captures the title tonight I can definitely see Flip getting his shot at Supercard.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROH 02/29/2020 Gateway To Honor Results

* Villain Enterprise (Marty Scurll, Brody King & Flip Gordon) def. The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe) & Slex

* Dan Maff def. Alex Shelley

* The Righteous (Vincent & Bateman) def. 2 Guys 1 Tag (Silas Young & Josh Woods)

* Angelina Love def. Session Moth Martina

* Four Corner Survival: Dalton Castle def. Jeff Cobb, Kenny King, and Tracy Williams

* ROH Television Championship: Dragon Lee (c) def. Dak Draper

* Proving Ground: Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham def. MexaBlood (Bandido & Rey Horus)

* ROH World Championship: RUSH def. PCO (c) and Mark Haskins to win the title
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Gateway to Honor was awesome. Loved Rush winning the belt back.

Tag Team championship match was MOTN. but i loved the 6 man and Shelley vs Maff.

Shelley should be Pure Champ
Montana

Post by Montana »

Top to bottom, thought this was was a great show. Really big crowd too... Maybe St. Louis/ area needs to be a key Market for ROH moving forward. A few randoms thoughts....

- ROH caught me off guard with this one. I was really thinking we'd get PCO vs Rush at 18th anniversary show. Can't say i'm mad. Haskins and Rush had some great exchanges and think those two can tear the house down.

- Slex looks like a legit top guy/ superstar.

- All the matches were good to great.

- ROH has an amazing roster right now.

- Certainly wouldn't be mad with Flip vs Rush at Supercard of Honor.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Great show except for Aldis messing with the world title finish.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Also a little bummed that we finally got to see Caprice wrestle and then he just got Bubba-bombed for a 1-2-3.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Best back to back shows in over a year. Watched both this afternoon after great AEW PPV last night and they both held up to my high expectations. I think Slex starting out with Taylor fued is good move. Shane was on fire and seems like he can work well with Slex.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shows sound good but if nobody attended does it really matter?
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:30 pm Shows sound good but if nobody attended does it really matter?
Nashville looked sparse but St Louis looked pretty damn good.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:30 pm Shows sound good but if nobody attended does it really matter?
Nashville was a typical 300-400 from what I’ve seen/heard. St. Louis from pictures looked pretty packed. Not a lot of buzz but you have to start somewhere.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

thebrettclark wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:51 pm
Nashville was a typical 300-400 from what I’ve seen/heard. St. Louis from pictures looked pretty packed. Not a lot of buzz but you have to start somewhere.
There was one fairly full section of bleachers near the hard camera plus the few around the ring in Nashville. I'd say around 500 total.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I’m watching Gateway to Honor right now and the “St Louis” crowd definitely looks bigger than the Nashville crowd. There’s no way they’re turning much profit on these shows; unless they’re getting really sweet deals on the building
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

No way they'd turn a profit on tickets alone, especially not for Nashville. But tickets for the whole weekend, merch sales, Honor Club subscriptions, Fite TV buys, and content for their show that airs in at least 7 countries on TV and online worldwide? They might be getting closer. Probably still falling short with how sparse Nashville is and how much they've spent on talent lately.

Things aren't going to turn around overnight. Things didn't get as bad as they did overnight and they won't be able to fix it that quickly either. They have to rebuild trust in all of these markets, and hope that the next time they roll into Nashville they get much better results. And hopefully as good or better from St Louis.

They need a good showing for 18th Anniversary weekend. There will be a lot of eyes on the product for those shows and they need good buzz rolling into Supercard.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:12 pm
thebrettclark wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:51 pm
There was one fairly full section of bleachers near the hard camera plus the few around the ring in Nashville. I'd say around 500 total.
Talked to a friend at both shows who gave me the numbers of 435 and 550 as guesses. He’s pretty rock solid on counting crowds. I’d say he’s somewhere in the range of 50 up or down either way. Not great, also Fite tv is a split plus up front cost of travel. This also counteracts honor club. I don’t think outside of the garden they turn a profit on any event from April of 2019 until 2021 at the earliest.
Captain Podcast