ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

ROH announced Brody king re-signed
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:28 am
Montana wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:02 am Anthony Henry announces he’s done with Evolve and basically a free agent.

ROH has been signing a lot of talent, so I don’t know if I’d call him a must sign guy... but I think he’d fit in perfectly. Especially with a pure title coming. Could see him being a good fit for MLW, NWA, even NjpW-Us. Impact might work, but they do a lot of promos and segments. Same with aew. Not sure that’s a great fit right now.
https://twitter.com/Antnyhenry/status/1 ... 3327591425

You may be onto something.
I need Jd Drake and Henry in roh
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:11 am ROH announced Brody king re-signed
Nice. They haven't even scratched the surface of what they could do with him. He can work with the smaller guys really well. Also has good matches with guys his size. King is versatile. I would like to to see how he fares in a Pure title match at some point.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Adam brooks has officially signed with Roh by their website
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Awesome!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Cheeseburger has re-signed. And hinting at a possible new direction.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 70721?s=21
Montana

Post by Montana »

Great News on Adam Brooks!

Interesting promo by Cheeseburger... "Expect big things for 2020 for Cheeseburger and Me???" Maybe he'll be a manager/wrestler?? Not sure.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Really happy for Brooks guy has been producing for a long time and never gave up, really deserves this break just for effort alone. If he takes his chance and delivers he will be such a good addition to the roster, I ROH is still looking at Australia Rapscallion would be the next guy for me, him in Vinny's group would really work
jhtrewin

Post by jhtrewin »

Heard good things about Adam Brooks, but never actually seen any of his matches. Do people have recommendations for what of his to check out?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

jhtrewin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:55 pm Heard good things about Adam Brooks, but never actually seen any of his matches. Do people have recommendations for what of his to check out?
He had a great feud with Will Ospreay. My favourite matches of their sage took place in MCW, in Australia, but they also had some really good ones in PROGRESS and PWG last year.

If you are looking for more recent matches, his match against Slex at MCW Vendetta was a great sprint, and you'll also be able to watch Slex too.

Btw, he had a Proving Ground Match with Jay Lethal during the Honor ReUnited Tour back in Summer 2018, so if you wanna check that out it's on Honor Club.
jhtrewin

Post by jhtrewin »

AlexROH wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:15 am
jhtrewin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:55 pm Heard good things about Adam Brooks, but never actually seen any of his matches. Do people have recommendations for what of his to check out?
He had a great feud with Will Ospreay. My favourite matches of their sage took place in MCW, in Australia, but they also had some really good ones in PROGRESS and PWG last year.

If you are looking for more recent matches, his match against Slex at MCW Vendetta was a great sprint, and you'll also be able to watch Slex too.

Btw, he had a Proving Ground Match with Jay Lethal during the Honor ReUnited Tour back in Summer 2018, so if you wanna check that out it's on Honor Club.
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll hunt them down and have a look.

I checked out his match vs Slex that MCW posted up on YouTube. Thought they both look really good, looking forward to seeing more of them.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

BIG TIME signing for AEW. Don’t low ball your top tier talent.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

ROH tweeted out the tag team match cobb involved in at Supercard of honor so I guess he working for both
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:19 pm BIG TIME signing for AEW. Don’t low ball your top tier talent.
Based on a just now received text, from someone close to the cobb side, he’s doing a bunch of different shows including njpw and is not signing with anyone right now. Aiming for a bigger contract in December but text said “he’d have signed with Roh, he was happy there if they valued him at the level of Matt taven.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pwinsider says he not signed to aew just appearing like he doing for Roh and njpw
Montana

Post by Montana »

Will be interesting to see how he’s used in all 3. Would be good for ROH and AEW to play nice.

I will say aew brought him in , in a big way. Similar to wardlow. I got a feeling aew will use him much better than Roh and njpw.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:40 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:19 pm BIG TIME signing for AEW. Don’t low ball your top tier talent.
Based on a just now received text, from someone close to the cobb side, he’s doing a bunch of different shows including njpw and is not signing with anyone right now. Aiming for a bigger contract in December but text said “he’d have signed with Roh, he was happy there if they valued him at the level of Matt taven.
That text also talk about anthony henry signed with roh?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

So far this is the most interesting move to date really. To have someone be able to work all three companies is something I never thought I’d see. It might be that Cobb is a special case considering his pay per appearance deal isn’t exactly binding with ROH, it obviously doesn’t technically cause that many headaches. In the end ROH could benefit hugely from it really (if they were to sign Cobb later on). He would be someone that would have gained ‘larger’ national exposure, while finding a fresh feel, (wasn’t Hager brought in for the exact role Cobb is now being used and similar to that of the one Warhammer or whatever he is name that’s with MJF) depending on the length of his stay with AEW. Which in turn could propel him up the ladder within ROH without much attempt at booking once he is back full time.

I hope this has been talked about with Cobb and everyone in ROH. Hopefully it hasn’t caused any push back.
jhtrewin

Post by jhtrewin »

This is great news for Cobb, he is a great talent and deserves to have this national exposure.

It'll be interesting to see how he is handled across the 3 promotions. From what I've read it seems that Cobb has been booked independently as he is a free agent so no talk between the promotions, but it has the potential to open up those talks in the future.

I do hope that this doesn't come back to haunt ROH. They should of treated Cobb better with how he was booked. Here's hoping ROH can continue moving in the right direction and entice Cobb to stay.