18th Anniversary Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: 18th Anniversary Official Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:27 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:18 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Angelina's matches in the original Knockouts division from 2007-2010 speak for themselves. She deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Gail Kim and Awesome Kong. She's definitely the lesser of the three, but as both a worker and a character she helped move women's wrestling forward.
I can't judge because I've not seen any of that era of TNA. I have a very hard time imagining Angelina Love hanging with Kong and Gail in terms of match quality.
She had multiple great matches with both Gail and Kong.

Like I said, she was definitely the lesser of the three. But she was a perfect foil to both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmRHzkjEW2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fOxvzU2nM8

Will have to check out when done with the charge game.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:27 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:18 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Angelina's matches in the original Knockouts division from 2007-2010 speak for themselves. She deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Gail Kim and Awesome Kong. She's definitely the lesser of the three, but as both a worker and a character she helped move women's wrestling forward.
I can't judge because I've not seen any of that era of TNA. I have a very hard time imagining Angelina Love hanging with Kong and Gail in terms of match quality.
She had multiple great matches with both Gail and Kong.

Like I said, she was definitely the lesser of the three. But she was a perfect foil to both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmRHzkjEW2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fOxvzU2nM8

Man I was very disappointed. Not even remotely moved by either match. Not to mention eventually you just can't do that well anymore. Gail did all the work here. Like working with a corpse.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Disappointed? , oh what a surprise..
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:21 am Disappointed? , oh what a surprise..
Find me a good match with her I wouldn’t be disappointed. She’s not good. Women’s wrestling never appealed to me either so that’s a factor.
Captain Podcast
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I'm sure that people will bother looking for matches only for you to say that you didn't like them.
AnHonorableMention

Lynx wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:36 am I'm sure that people will bother looking for matches only for you to say that you didn't like them.
If she’s so good it shouldn’t be hard to find
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

How about Maff and Red vs the Briscoes in a "day 1" tag match? All four were at Era of Honor Begins in 2002.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:51 pm How about Maff and Red vs the Briscoes in a "day 1" tag match? All four were at Era of Honor Begins in 2002.
I like this.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I don't know how much bad blood there still is but Maff and Homicide against the Briscoes would be something, you've also got the both of the Havana Pitbulls still active, I would guess Red against Bandido would be 'the' match for the card. Would be interesting if MCMG showed up here too.

I wonder if someone like London will be there, things have been on off with ROH and himself for a long while and after the no show I don't know if they would go back to that well, that's why I don't see someone like Davey being brought in but I guess time can heal all wounds be the factor in alot of this.

Quite a few of the Special K crew are back and still wrestling so you could bring them back or one or two, I think what's great about that nostalgia show is the type of matches that will come back, like say a pure title match, a scramble match. If there ever would be a time to ease any tension between AEW and ROH or at least start the process of it this show might be it, having someone like Daniels here would just add that extra bit of sentiment to the show. It's such a shame that guys like Spanky, Danielson wont be allowed to make it as that would be so good for everyone.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I love the idea of a bunch of Special K guys hijacking an undercard match to turn it into a rave...which then becomes a Scramble/multi-man tag.

Maybe get Jody Fleisch back (although that would be an expensive fly in when they already have Doug coming in). You could have Jay Lethal interact with them too (either adopting his Hydro persona - or refusing to join in etc)
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

famicommander wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:51 pm How about Maff and Red vs the Briscoes in a "day 1" tag match? All four were at Era of Honor Begins in 2002.
That is probably the best idea I have heard in some time. Perfectly fits the theme of the show and would be a super fun match.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Homicide was there day one, too.

Maybe they could find one more that was there day one and make it a trios match.

Amazing Red, Dan Maff, and Homicide vs The Briscoes and ?

Super Crazy is still out there wrestling. He was there day one. Prince Nana wrestled 5 or so matches in 2019. Monsta Mack was still working the indies last year. I think everybody else that was there day one is either retired or working for WWE, MLW, AEW, or NOAH.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I was thinking Jay Briscoe vs. Amazing Red.... Rematch from the first show.... 18 years later!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

McXal wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:41 pm I love the idea of a bunch of Special K guys hijacking an undercard match to turn it into a rave...which then becomes a Scramble/multi-man tag.

Maybe get Jody Fleisch back (although that would be an expensive fly in when they already have Doug coming in). You could have Jay Lethal interact with them too (either adopting his Hydro persona - or refusing to join in etc)
Fleisch unfortunately already has a booking that day.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Necro Butcher vs PCO on Saturday?

I really hope Homicide brings a rubber chicken that weekend.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

McXal wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:41 pm I love the idea of a bunch of Special K guys hijacking an undercard match to turn it into a rave...which then becomes a Scramble/multi-man tag.
I though i would be the only one looking foward to this hahha. Would be pretty cool
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Jay Lethal has just challenged Xavier for a match at PvsP
Montana

Post by Montana »

This past vs present is a pretty interesting concept.

Anyone know what Xavier has been up to the last 15 years or so??
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

When was his last ROH match? FYF NYC?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:10 pm When was his last ROH match? FYF NYC?
According to Cagematch, that was it.