IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:19 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:22 am They should pull her from the match tonight. Replace her with Rosemary.
It looks like they are still doing Sami vs. Tessa
Cowards.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Brian Cage pretty much got replaced by Daga against RVD.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shamrock injured his opponent out there tonight. 55 years old.

EDIT:
Was this a work? I wasn't watching the match, just saw people saying Shamrock popped the kid's shoulder
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:26 pm Shamrock injured his opponent out there tonight. 55 years old.

EDIT:
Was this a work? I wasn't watching the match, just saw people saying Shamrock popped the kid's shoulder
Honestly I couldn't tell. But given the finish was also a submission on that shoulder I'm going to say work.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:24 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:26 pm Shamrock injured his opponent out there tonight. 55 years old.

EDIT:
Honestly I couldn't tell. But given the finish was also a submission on that shoulder I'm going to say work.
I hope so.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:08 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:19 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:22 am They should pull her from the match tonight. Replace her with Rosemary.
It looks like they are still doing Sami vs. Tessa
Cowards.
Or gutsy, depending on who you talk to.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

^ I wouldn't know. I haven't watched since Roode became champ...and the sad part of that is Roode was my favorite wrestler in TNA until they didn't have him win the World Title from Angle/turned him heel. After that, I stopped caring. :/
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact needs some fresh blood. Reading some of these names from the tapings:
Sabu
Cody and Jake Deaner
Acie Romero
Reno Scum
Rohit Raju and Mahabali Shera
The Crist brothers
Disco Inferno
Madman Fulton
Tommy Dreamer
Ken Shamrock

Yikes.
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:42 am Impact needs some fresh blood. Reading some of these names from the tapings:
Sabu
Cody and Jake Deaner
Acie Romero
Reno Scum
Rohit Raju and Mahabali Shera
The Crist brothers
Disco Inferno
Madman Fulton
Tommy Dreamer
Ken Shamrock

Yikes.
Spent their budget on buying a TV network?? Jokes aside, agree 100%... They got a handful of good talent, but not enough for a two hour TV show. Their tag division is super weak, their heavyweight divison is weak... Their X division and Knockouts are doing pretty good.

They need to continue to push people like Ace Austin, Edwards, Elgin, Trey Miguel, Wentz, TJP, and Rich Swann. I'd build around those guys. Sign some other good young talent, make some tag teams, and they'll be OK. That being said, i'm not sure i ever really see Impact thriving. Way too much competition out there.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I feel like Impact has made steady progress. They've still got a long way to go but it can't be stressed enough how much of an advantage it is to have owners with pockets that deep.

House of Glory could be a player soon too. Master P is insanely rich.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I think one good thing Impact does that may help them with talent in the long term is these partnered Impact Plus and Twitch shows. They get a chance to try out some talent from smaller local promotions and get first crack at picking off new talent. A lot of their good young talent now came from Sami Callihan and the Crists knowing the Ohio scene. That's where the Rascals and Ace Austin came from.

On a side note, they are always going to have a couple guys of Indian descent until that big tv deal in India finally stops. It keeps them happy. Utilizing them as an undercard tag team is the least offensive way to use them.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

There's gotta be some Indians out there that are better than Shera. He's been around forever and he never seems to improve.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I forgot, Impact probably gets first crack at any young Canadian wrestlers. Scott D'amore still has his side promotion and Ethan Page also has a promotion so they get to see some younger Canadian talent first.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I periodically watch this video because it's objectively the most hilarious thing that has ever happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SobD560-9ZQ
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Impact is having an Impact Plus exclusive show this Saturday, Victory Road.

Impact World Title Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Eric Young (C)
Impct Knockouts Title Match
Susie vs. Deonna Purrazzo (C)
The Defeat Rohit Challenge
Rohit Raju vs. ???
Unsanctioned Match
Rhyno & Heath vs. Reno Scum
Tenille Dashwood vs. Jordynne Grace
Tommy Dreamer vs. Brian Myers

Those are the announced matches so far, there should be 9 matches in total.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I give Impact a lot of credit for turning the corner into a semi-respectable company. I dont love the product, but it's pretty solid. The leadership there has really put their group in a good position; despite major setbacks, and an uphill battle.

I'd say i'm more of a casual follower now; of Impact; and wasn't really tracking Victory Road; but seems like a solid card. The lower card is kind weak; but Edwards/Young should be a very good main event. Imagine the "x-division"/Rasals/TJP type guys will help round out the show.

I was tracking Bound for Glory; and a pretty nice set up for Rich Swan and Eric Young. The tag team scene has been greatly improved with MCMG and the good brothers. Not to mention Ace and Fulton teaming. Think between the top HW title, womens, X-division, and Tag they should have a good show on their hands. Liking the EC3/Moose set up too.
Montana

Re: IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

Post by Montana »

Here's the Bound for Glory Card... Good Buildup... should be a solid show.

Impact World Championship
Eric Young (c) vs. Rich Swann

Impact Knockouts Championship
Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Kylie Rae

Impact World Tag Team Championship
The Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. The Good Brothers vs. Madman Fulton and Ace Austin vs. The North

Impact X-Division Championship
Rohit Raju (c) vs. Chris Bey vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Trey vs. TJP vs. Willie Mack

"Call Your Shot" Gauntlet Match
Acey Romero vs. Alisha Edwards vs. Cody Deaner vs. Brian Myers vs. Havok vs. Heath vs. Hernandez vs. Larry D vs. Rhino vs. Taya Valkyrie vs. Tenille Dashwood vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. TBD

Moose vs. EC3

Ken Shamrock with Sami Callihan vs. Eddie Edwards
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Still way too much dead weight on their roster. I tried to watch Impact a couple weeks back but with people like the Deaners, Acie Romero, Larry D, Fulton, Reno Scum, Ken Shamrock, Tommy Dreamer, etc it's just too many guys that suck or are too old.

Their women's division is incredible, though. The best in the industry.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

Is it just the gimmick for Jake Deaner that sucks? I ask because I really like Jake Something so I'm wondering if its just gimmick related. I don't watch Impact so I don't know.

I also like Larry D. Hes a local guy so I have a soft spot for him and he had a heck of match against Gresham in the 2017 TPI.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

thebrettclark wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:05 am Is it just the gimmick for Jake Deaner that sucks? I ask because I really like Jake Something so I'm wondering if its just gimmick related. I don't watch Impact so I don't know.

I also like Larry D. Hes a local guy so I have a soft spot for him and he had a heck of match against Gresham in the 2017 TPI.
The whole Deaner gimmick stinks. Hopefully they seperate Jake from Cody soon.