Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:41 am Lol tna thread is in other side

Thanks...
It's getting harder and harder to say LOL TNA anymore since they overhauled the company. The last thing I really took umbridge with was the Hardy situation and then again you can't really blame them if the broken gimmick 2as indeed trademarked.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I find it hard to watch impact and this is coming from a used to be 10 die-hard fan between no character development intergender wrestling over the top childish comedy and some of their fanbase it's hard to get in to it anymore
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thanks...
What in Ring of Honor would you like to discuss?? Probably not too much going on the next week or so. Looks like ROH isn't going to announce much for the JAN shows, until JAN... so like a few days before the show.

The TV show this week was very good imo. It was a "Best of" but still.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Have had less and less of an issue with intergender wrestling these last few years or so. Presentation of the concept is different than what it once was when it comes to the women. Used to be it really did resemble a domestic assault, now with women presented as amazing athletes and competent wrestlers it's actually kind of a breath of fresh air. I still find ultra Impact marks to be annoying as hell though but I really enjoy the product they put out in 2019. They seem to be the only product in North America sure of their direction in 2020 as well. And no character development? Callihan as a heel, Eddie Edwards current gimmick, Tessa, Swann in his feud vs. Callihan earlier this year. That has been some good character development.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Montana wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks...
What in Ring of Honor would you like to discuss?? Probably not too much going on the next week or so. Looks like ROH isn't going to announce much for the JAN shows, until JAN... so like a few days before the show.

The TV show this week was very good imo. It was a "Best of" but still.
I think there is plenty to talk about in ROH. Like where we see or hope to see the product go in 2020 and the developments from Final Battle and Fallout.
Montana

Post by Montana »

In my opinion, there is still more questions, than answers for 2020 thus far.

Questions like:
-What's going on with Marty and Villain Enterprises? They going to be around for a month or two, or a year or two??

- What's going on with the WOH belt?? Not to mention the whole division. Looks like they are starting to rebuild the roster, but one of their top stars is now going to feud with Bully Ray??

- What's up with Jeff Cobb and Bandido? They still in or out?

- ROH management and booking... seems like the consensus is that they need a change, yet no signs of change coming yet.

- the Major Plans for 2020.... that everyone inside the company keeps talking about, but no one outside of the company seems to know anything about.

- What's up with Shane Taylor... Looks like he's out, but maybe not?!?

- What's ROH going to do to build up new young talent's like Eli Isom / Dax Draper ... and more familiar talent like Dalton Castle, Joe Hendry, Mark Haskins, Rhett Titus, etc etc

- What's their plan to improve attendance and improve customer experience?

What we do know....

It looks like Villain Enterprises will feud with Rush's La Faccion Ingobernable to start the year.

Matt Taven will return to battle Vincent's faction - Ring of Horror?!?

Jay Lethal / Gresham should have an awesome reign as tag champs.

Briscoes will still be awesome... and underrated in the wrestling world.

Silas/Woods seem to be on the path for a tag title match.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The Rhyno/Impact conversation really should be in the TNA thread but there certainly is meat on the bone to talk about there.

A big reason I was disappointed with Final Battle Fallout is how few of all those 2020 questions was addressed. It wrapped up a few loose ends for 2019 but did very little to get fans excited for 2020 and with a full month between shows it really needed too.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

This is the type of fight where i hope both lose.

Back to ROH Talk.....I hope we get some build during the jan shows to the eventual Jay/Gresham vs Mexablood match at SuperCard.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:20 pm This is the type of fight where i hope both lose.

Back to ROH Talk.....I hope we get some build during the jan shows to the eventual Jay/Gresham vs Mexablood match at SuperCard.
That's a great idea. That match would be killer.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'll add Mexablood vs. The Briscoes to that list.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i think if ROH wants to be a leader of something and stand out...

They need to focus on having the best tag division. no one else is curently doing this.

Briscoes are the most over act in the company. Go with it. Jay Briscoe needs to cut promos on a weekly basis and they should be on youtube and the tv show.

Mexabloods
Briscoes
Lethal Octopus ( this should be their name haha!!)
Scurll and Flip
GOD
Rush and Dragon Lee
2guys1Tag
Tracy and Haskins
and bring in another team like Aussie Open.

display great tag team wrestling and make the belts and division the most important in ROH.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:11 am i think if ROH wants to be a leader of something and stand out...

They need to focus on having the best tag division. no one else is curently doing this.

Briscoes are the most over act in the company. Go with it. Jay Briscoe needs to cut promos on a weekly basis and they should be on youtube and the tv show.

Mexabloods
Briscoes
Lethal Octopus ( this should be their name haha!!)
Scurll and Flip
GOD
Rush and Dragon Lee
2guys1Tag
Tracy and Haskins
and bring in another team like Aussie Open.

display great tag team wrestling and make the belts and division the most important in ROH.
AEW does have a rather deep and talented tag division. If ROH wants their tag division to stand out the worst they could do is a bunch of random tag matches like what gets thrown together on AEW Dark. Build and meaning for each match will go a long way. Also you can add PCO and Brody King to that list.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i agree AEW has a great division but i feel its still second compared to the World Title. Which is fine and traditional.

i want ROH to actually make the tag belts the focal point. They should bring back Ultimate Endurance matches as well.

no tag team in AEW can cut a promo like Jay Briscoe
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Just deleted a really bad spat on this thread! New policy is to not mention rovert. I will start scrubbing your posts from here if you do, because the only thing worse than getting into forum messiness/beef is having to clean it up. Even if you have your reasons to hold something against someone, they are just people on the internet with relatively low influence. And definitely don't talk about how you'll go after someone's employer during the exchange.

An obvious problem with building out a tag division like the one indyfan pointed out (which looks really good), is that ROH only has so many dates, and I think you have to focus on Bandido, Haskins, Gresham, and Flip as singles stars this year. For as strong as Mexablood is as a team, I'd much rather Bandido not be focusing on tag belts.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Wilson wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 am Just deleted a really bad spat on this thread! New policy is to not mention rovert. I will start scrubbing your posts from here if you do, because the only thing worse than getting into forum messiness/beef is having to clean it up. Even if you have your reasons to hold something against someone, they are just people on the internet with relatively low influence. And definitely don't talk about how you'll go after someone's employer during the exchange.

An obvious problem with building out a tag division like the one indyfan pointed out (which looks really good), is that ROH only has so many dates, and I think you have to focus on Bandido, Haskins, Gresham, and Flip as singles stars this year. For as strong as Mexablood is as a team, I'd much rather Bandido not be focusing on tag belts.
i get we have to do singles but my idea stems from "what makes ROH special in 2020" How can they offer something different compared to AEW, Impact and WWE.

im hoping 2020 is a big year for ROH.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wilson wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 am Just deleted a really bad spat on this thread! New policy is to not mention rovert. I will start scrubbing your posts from here if you do, because the only thing worse than getting into forum messiness/beef is having to clean it up. Even if you have your reasons to hold something against someone, they are just people on the internet with relatively low influence. And definitely don't talk about how you'll go after someone's employer during the exchange.

I'll stop posting his tweets. Lately that has been me. My apologies.

If ROH had guys under longer deals the limited dates wouldn't be as big a hindrance to watching a guy like Bandido grow. He could go after the tag titles this year and then grow into the main event spot next year as he gets further over.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

I have many more. I may or may not have permission to release them tonorrow...
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The tag division probably needs three or four credible more tag teams to really make it something to be your most pushed part of the company. It's a division that I have really enjoyed to see develop in ROH, and I think they've done a good job in creating tag teams and have found the right space and 'bond' for the likes of Gresham/Lethal, Woods/Silas and Dalton/Hendry (The later might be a bit hard pushed) considering their history and where they both were in the company, the big ones that will need to really improve on will be Mexiblood and Marty/Gordon, they will obviously be a draw as tag teams but just to give them that personal depth that the others have will help immensely. The Briscoes and RUSH/Lee have a natrual draw to them because of who they are and have the brother relationship which can really be played on even further and still with the briscoes, you could make a movie out of them with their back story and life in ROH. I think what's also great about this division is how the can all break down into single matches that really would be great and varied, there are alot that I want to see and build from.

Even with that all said I would say bringing in guys like the Rascals, Bear Country and one or two others full time would add so much quality and depth but also name value as tag teams which is the only thing the division is missing right now.

Great to see more Horus, hopefully as PWI said he is in for a long stint, and Everett can just keep his knees in the best shape possible and not have to worry anymore he could be such a great talent to have in ROH.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Bear country rules they should definitely be full time
Captain Podcast