Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:49 pm Maybe their finally making needed changes with Tommy fierro hiring and danny cage coming back
SMH
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

When I hear about a medic and security at all events, a proper concussion protocol I will know changes that matter have been made.

That said, the hires will hopefully aid everyone. It can only be seen as a small start though.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Joey is tweeting again.....
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Honestly this is the one I have the least problem with, I’ve said much worse when it comes to talent on here and in converatuon and in a ‘private’ communication there should a certain level of divulgence allowed. Is it low brow and pretty shitty for Hikuleo to hear yeah certainly but this is going to happen a lot between a lot of people in different industries etc. I know it doesn’t make it any better but there are bigger things he’s responsible that he should be judged on and fired for.

I also don’t agree with him just going after Todd for the poor job he did with Kelly there (I don’t know if his positioning obstructed his view of the how Kelly landed). Sumie should have protected her and done more than Todd could there, why doesn’t he call her out.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Accidents happen, mistakes are made.

It's how the people in charge react to these accidents and mistakes that is most important, and right now it's clear they are not reacting the correct way.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I'm curious about the new annual roh talent summit
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Joey demanding Joe and Greg resign or he’s spilling ALL the tea.

https://twitter.com/JOEYnRetrograde/sta ... 44736?s=20
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I wish everything would just come out already, all these individual attacks do nothing in the end. If he wants to bring it all down just do it already, either way I want it over and done with it all can move on and ROH just can be better.

It is also interesting in said tweets that ROH is actually meant to bringing in a concussion protocol, medic, security. If they are bringing in all of this and there are people in place to take on duties that have been needed isn’t ROH already a better working place.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Yeah... I'm not really interested in all the drama. I mean, obviously it's a poorly run company, you can tell by the show quality and by the attendance. Hopefully the drama leads to some changes for the better.

It's hard to care much about ROH right now. The Final Battle card is really not that interesting to me. And I just got the 3 BOLA shows to dive into. Not to mention all the good wrestling on TV right now. There's so much good stuff. ROH feels like it's like, this weird show that I watch by myself that nobody else is watching.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I know it's been done before by others, but I'd just like to point out that Rush is main eventing Final Battle, then the next day traveling back to Mexico to headline an AAA show (which will air live and free on Twitch), then probably heading back to wrestle in Philly for the ROH show then.

Hell of a weekend.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm ROH feels like it's like, this weird show that I watch by myself that nobody else is watching.
Been feeling like this recently. Non of my wrestling friends watch ROH, in the whatsapp groups I'm in, no ones talks about or is interested in it, despite my best efforts 😬

I'll tweet stuff, regularly during a live show but it just feels like I'm tweeting into the void. There's no real ROH community on twitter. Its tough going being a ROH fan right now.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

classic-cabana wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:28 am
alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm ROH feels like it's like, this weird show that I watch by myself that nobody else is watching.
Been feeling like this recently. Non of my wrestling friends watch ROH, in the whatsapp groups I'm in, no ones talks about or is interested in it, despite my best efforts 😬

I'll tweet stuff, regularly during a live show but it just feels like I'm tweeting into the void. There's no real ROH community on twitter. Its tough going being a ROH fan right now.
I think this is it, it's hard to proud or excited as an ROH fan, generally we know what's going with contracts, all of Joey's stuff, it's turning fans away more than brining them, especially through the online community. If changes are made in personel and all the concussion, medical issues, female talent stuff is outwardly dealt with, and alot things start to come together then there will be an outward passion that will grow again. The fact is it's not 'cool' to be an ROH fan and that seems like a big deal for fans at the moment
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

You know it's bad when Delirious is coming off like the best guy in the front office.

Without cleaning house on management there just isn't a way that fans are going to come back. Too many better options in the marketplace right now. Even if there is a management shake up it won't fix things overnight. Impact is a great example. It's taken a couple years and getting lucky enough to sign Tessa and help promote her as a star from day 1 to get them on the right track.
Wrestlingisback

If rovert’s right and Joey has that smoking gun in his back pocket, that would bring the whole management structure down

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/11973 ... 90784?s=20
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wrestlingisback wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 am If rovert’s right and Joey has that smoking gun in his back pocket, that would bring the whole management structure down

I thought Joey just used the hashtag wrong and rovert was making fun of him. Sometimes it's tough to decipher what either of them is trying to convey.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 am You know it's bad when Delirious is coming off like the best guy in the front office.

Without cleaning house on management there just isn't a way that fans are going to come back. Too many better options in the marketplace right now. Even if there is a management shake up it won't fix things overnight. Impact is a great example. It's taken a couple years and getting lucky enough to sign Tessa and help promote her as a star from day 1 to get them on the right track.
I have no idea how much Delirious was apart of the ACH, Cedric stuff but if his main crime has been smoking weed, etc him surviving wont be the worse thing.

I think there is a much better structure of talent than Impact had really, you've also got a successful formula for a TV product to go back to if needed and a company that is going to invest in it.

Hopefully we are getting to the point of no return for a lot of the people, even if Todd is another one of the guys that needs gotten rid of, it should happen. There are enough good refs out there to make amends for this, if all these people get be got rid, it could lead to a lot of people actually trying to get into ROH for once and really see something new.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wrestlingisback wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 am If rovert’s right and Joey has that smoking gun in his back pocket, that would bring the whole management structure down

If there really has been any form of harassment that has gone, it should be too big for these guys to survive it. The ACH stuff never came out enough to be the end. There is now a public voice for all of this now and that's the most important thing.

Unfortunately Sinclair may just wash their hands of it and sell ROH on, which I know for some doesn't really matter but to see it just be a video Library for a company would suck.
Wrestlingisback

Positivity from Mike Johnson on ROHs future. Talks of some restructuring.

Small crowds. Talent leaving. I feel like we are at death's door for Ring of Honor. Am I wrong?

You are. As long ROH has the ownership and backing of a multi-billion dollar company like Sinclair Broadcast Group, they aren't going anywhere. In the last few weeks, the buzz within the company is that they are working on some restructuring to strengthen all aspects of the company and are planning to make some moves that will put ROH back into a more prominent position. We will see if that happens in the months to come, but I've never had any fear ROH is going to shut their doors. There are deep pockets behind the company and given that it was purchased to provide Sinclair with TV programming, which it still does, I don't see that changing.