ROH UK Tour

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
alexsmellzzz

Re: ROH UK Tour

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Yesterday's crowd was pretty bad but today's is TERRIBLE. On two sides of the ring, there is 1 row of people and there are still open seats on those rows. I'd estimate there to be less than 100 people there total.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Woooooo Lethal's old theme is back
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

The 3 way tag was probably best match of the night so far? Main event here a little sluggish so far. Best match so far on the tour is probably that Gresham match from yesterday.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

It's pretty obvious that Rush is best when he's in there with young, fast dudes. His exchange with Colt was a little sloppy in this match. There's like no way that Rush/PCO is going to be any good. ROH has tons of young dudes who would match up great with Rush and put on great matches. So weird that they're doing Rush/PCO as a title match on a PPV.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:31 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:21 am
alexsmellzzz wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:47 am Looks like maybe 100 people in attendance at today's show.

A shame, because Flamita/Tracy Williams vs Marty/Flip is a good match so far. Crazy that ROH has some of the talent they do and yet, they can't draw a decent crowd nowadays. If I'm Marty Scurll wrestling in front of THIS crowd, I'm thinking "wow, what am I doing?" LOL
They're charging like 3-5X what Impact and MLW charge for tickets in most cases.
It absolutely hurts them in the marketplace. With the oversaturation of quality wrestling in North America you have to be competitively priced. ROH isn't doing themselves any favors.
Makes complete sense... it's too bad ROH is a step behind on stuff like this. Ticket sales have been trending down for months, so how far are they going to let it slip?

It seems like ROH should be in panic mode... yet it still seems like they / Management are in cruise control still. They need a drastic overhaul ASAP!!!

In terms of PCO/Rush.... I have to agree. I think there's a chance it could be really good, but there also an equally fair shot of it being a dud. They need a home run! Sooo.. yeah. Guess they could do Briscoes vs. Lethal/Gresham as a final battle main event.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Even stuff like updating the website, Actually putting all your content on HonorClub, promoting your shows on Youtube... seems like no brainer stuff, and ROH just keeps moving forward with status quo.

Plus it seems like a lot less merchandise for sale this year. LIke the DVDs are kind of a random mix. Just seems like a lack of direction.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Freaking CWFH just got another TV deal.

They are now on LATV, a bilingual TV channel available in over 37% of the US on broadcast. They are airing first in English and then in Spanish at 2PM Eastern every Saturday, leading right into CMLL's Super Friday replay (in Spanish).

This is in addition to their current syndication package and Fite TV.

Wake the hell up, ROH.
Montana

Post by Montana »

It almost feels like they have an ace up their sleeve, and aren't letting on just yet.... or it could be a complete lack of caring.

Maybe they are banking on ROH to the Fox Sports regional channels will bring them back.... Honestly i don't even know if that will be enough without a complete overhaul in management/booking/marketing.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's hard to get invested in Roh right now because either they don't know how to improve things or just don't want to but one thing is true if roh doesn't start making improvements by year end it could mean the end of Roh
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Montana wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:38 pmMaybe they are banking on ROH to the Fox Sports regional channels will bring them back.... Honestly i don't even know if that will be enough without a complete overhaul in management/booking/marketing.
It's just more channels that will air ROH in the middle of the night, it might as well be pointless at this point.

Frankly, judging by how shitty the TV show has been since the overhaul, I wouldn't be shocked if even local channels were starting to feel like "do we really need to air this garbage?".
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well... surprised this make more buzzz but it does look like ROH is starting on some of the fox regional channels at midnight starting NOv 8th.

Hopefully they air at a few timeslots.... and make the needed changes mentioned above.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Any of the ROH talent running merch tables or is it just the pre show meet and greet?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

classic-cabana wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:58 am Any of the ROH talent running merch tables or is it just the pre show meet and greet?
Just m&g.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Thoroughly enjoyed the show tonight. Flowed really nicely. Flamita v Speedball was excellent, unreal some of the stuff they pull off. RUSH v Cobb was a fantastic main event, loved it.

Really nice venue too, great sight lines. We got moved up to 2nd row. Probably the highest attendance of the 3 nights. I felt the crowd was quite lively, some quiet spots, but I believe it came across very quiet on TV.

As a live show experience absolutely no complaints with regards to running of the show. Spot on. The meet and greet looked bleak, that said I got a pic with RUSH who was great. Brief interaction with Ian Riccaboni, who was super nice too. Going home happy.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh announced roh will be on fight network uk on Fridays starting next month
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:31 pm Roh announced roh will be on fight network uk on Fridays starting next month
Finally.

ROH is now on TV in the US, Canada, UK, India, and Portugal.

EDIT: Also Italy
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thought you this show was great... probably even top 5 of the year. Speedball and flamita was awesome. Lucky kid was really good tonight, and the whole tour really. Would really like to see ROH sign some of these guys for next year. I also thought the main event was excellent.... I’ve been waiting for a proper -big time Jeff Cobb Match and this was it.

I’d probably go with a 8.5/10 on the show. Easy to digest, with a couple 4 plus star matches, and a handful of good-really good matches.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ian teased that veda scott was at the Bolton show and may be part of the roh women division again and that flamita or his opponent could get a roster spot
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Really good show live. Wasn't the best one I've seen in the UK but it was pretty solid top to bottom, with a great match in VE vs Schadenfreude and 2 awesome matches in Bailey-Flamita and Rush-Cobb.

My only problema with the ME is that I didn't feel like the people were super into It, like Cobb was over but Rush wasn't. It wasn't like all silence, but they put on some drama spots that would have worked better with a hotter crowd. That being said, i really enjoyed watching Rush live, he's star.

The crowd all night was OK. Not going super crazy like normally in the UK but neither super quiet like in Newport. It was like 200-300 people, id say.

They show really flew by, being it like 2.30 hours. I understand some changes, like Brody not being cleared (so we had that PCO-Lethal) or Dalton and Hendry going on tag team, but I didnt like how they add Taven and Haskins to the TV Title match. I was really looking foward to Haskins and Taven going singles again and they were super over with the crowd. I think that something happened, maybe they had to end early or something like that bc ROH never does this things like going from 10 matches to 7 without and anuncement.

Besines that, i was really "sad" with how pco vs Lethal came on. I was expecting like a big match and we got a short one and pretty bad, with PCO not doing any of his crazy shit, which was pretty disappointing, not even a Moonsault. I liked the set-up for Briscoes vs Lethal/Gresham at FB, btw.

I can see both Rampage and Flamita signing with ROH. They had their own entrance video and músic and Rampage even tease a feud with Silas, which would be a pretty good way for him to start in the UK.

Castle/Hendry vs. Rampage/Silas ⭐⭐3/4 - ⭐⭐⭐

Mandy vs. Spartan ⭐1/2

Schadenfreude vs. Flip/Scurll ⭐⭐⭐3/4+

Briscoes vs. Brat Pack vs. Hikuleo/King ⭐⭐⭐1/4

PCO vs. Lethal ⭐⭐

Flamita vs. Bailey ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/4

Taylor vs. Taven vs. Williams vs. Haskins ⭐⭐⭐1/2

Rush vs. Cobb ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Final rating: 7.5/10.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Glad to hear that night 3 turned out to be a decent show. I’ll have to check out the good ones from that show.