Officlal NWA Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Officlal NWA Thread

Post by cgstong »

Ashley Vox, Marti Belle, and Thunder Rosa also announced.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

NWA President Billy Corgan just announced the name, debut date and how you can watch the NWA Studio Wrestling Show called…. NWA POWER!

NWA POWER is coming to you worldwide every Tuesday at 6:05pm ET starting on October 8th.

As unveiled today by NWA President Billy Corgan at the Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta…. this return to its roots for the National Wrestling Alliance with studio wrestling is being made widely available for all great wrestling fans at the same time around the world. You can watch this show with no restrictions, no paywalls. Watch with other NWA fans during the live premiere every Tuesday at 6:05pm Eastern.

http://www.facebook.com/NWA

http://www.youtube.com/NWA

And if you can’t watch the live premiere, the show will be available on-demand via those platform plus they will be made available on Fite.TV every Saturday Night.

Also announced today the National Wrestling Alliance returns to Atlanta on December 14tth with a live PPV event.

http://www.nationalwrestlingalliance.com
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

So....how do I watch it on Tuesday?

On Facebook and Youtube. I should have figured that out the first time I read it.
Last edited by kovs27 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

So he doesn't have a TV deal. He's just going to keep uploading videos to Youtube and Fite.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

SPOILERS for their TV (can't seem to get spoiler tag to work so you can also go to this link if it doesn't work)
Spoiler: show
NWA 09/30/19 Power Television Tapings From Atlanta Results *SPOILERS*

- Nick Aldis is interviewed.

- The Dawsons (Zane & Dave Dawson) def. Billy Buck & Sal Rinauro

- Eli Drake def. Caleb Konley

- James Storm gets into a confrontation.

- NWA Tag Team Championships: Thomas Latimer & Royce Isaacs (c) def. Enhancement Talent

- Eddie Kingston & Homicide interrupt a promo by Latimer & Isaacs following their victory.

- James Storm def. Enhancement Talent

- Tim Storm gets interviewed.

- NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Nick Aldis (c) def. Tim Storm

- Aron Stevens (formerly Damien Sandow) is interviewed.

- Ricky Starks def. Trevor Murdoch

- Colt Cabana & Mr. Anderson def. Enhancement Talent

- Allysin Kay def. Ashley Vox

- James Storm is interviewed.

- NWA Tag Team Championships: The Wildcards (Thomas Latimer & Royce Isaacs) (c) vs. Homicide & Eddie Kingston goes to a no contest with The Dawsons interfere.

- Eddie Kingston challenges The Dawsons.

- Marti Belle def. Crystal Rose

- Caleb Konley def. Enhancement Talent

- Eli Drake offers to form a partnership with Tim Storm. Storm says he will think about it.

- The Dawsons def. Eli Drake & Tim Storm. The Dawsons beatdown Storm after the match until Homicide & Kingston make the save.

- Trevor Murdoch def. Enhancement Talent to earn a NWA contract.

- Ashley Vox def. Marti Belle. Thunder Rosa comes out after the match.

- No DQ Match: The Dawsons def. Homicide & Eddie Kingston after interference from The Wildcards.

- Ricky Starks def. Aron Stevens

- Nick Aldis, Colt Cabana & Mr. Anderson def. James Storm & The Wildcards. Cabana earns a future title shot at the NWA National Title.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Some awful, awful names in those spoilers.

Not as bad as AEW possibly bringing in Jack Thwagger, though.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It took two years to get here?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The roster is not very interesting at all.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I really enjoyed this first episode. I felt like I was watching the old TBS show (the set is a dead ringer) with tweaks in production and in-ring style to reflect modern times.

There was a commercial for Austin Idol's wrestling school -- I swear, has he aged at all in 40 years?
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i kind of wish ROH had something similar to their tv show.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

indyfan wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:33 am i kind of wish ROH had something similar to their tv show.
Well all they'd need is 12 fans, a handy cam, and some guys that should have retired 15 years ago. Shouldn't be hard.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

famicommander wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:01 am
indyfan wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:33 am i kind of wish ROH had something similar to their tv show.
Well all they'd need is 12 fans, a handy cam, and some guys that should have retired 15 years ago. Shouldn't be hard.
yet the show is receiving positive reviews. ROH ....no one even talks about unless they are taking digs at it.

ROH could learn something from the show. it looked original ( even though it was a throwback) it had a well mic'd audience , and it had a hot angle with Kingston.

Also

The Rock watched it and praised it
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

famicommander wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:01 am
Does Billy Corgan owe you money? If it's not your thing then it's not your thing, but why the hostility?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

He's pure scum. He's scum among the scum that is wrestling promoters. He was also the worst booker TNA ever had, which is an amazing accomplishment.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

famicommander wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:09 pm He's pure scum. He's scum among the scum that is wrestling promoters. He was also the worst booker TNA ever had, which is an amazing accomplishment.
The truth that NWA has created a positive buzz with their first show must make you even more mad then
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

indyfan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:20 am
famicommander wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:09 pm He's pure scum. He's scum among the scum that is wrestling promoters. He was also the worst booker TNA ever had, which is an amazing accomplishment.
The truth that NWA has created a positive buzz with their first show must make you even more mad then
Not mad. Just waiting for it all to blow up and crumble down.

Corgan is a toxic lunatic and he's not capable of sustained success. All of his former bandmates hate him and will only tolerate his presence when they have collectively run out of money. He's a massive bigot and a conspiracy nutbag.

He's basically Vince McMahon minus the decades of running a successful business.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

famicommander wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:31 am
indyfan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:20 am
Not mad. Just waiting for it all to blow up and crumble down.

Corgan is a toxic lunatic and he's not capable of sustained success. All of his former bandmates hate him and will only tolerate his presence when they have collectively run out of money. He's a massive bigot and a conspiracy nutbag.

He's basically Vince McMahon minus the decades of running a successful business.
Time will tell how well NWA Powerr does, but the show is off to a great start. In that way, Corgan has achieved his goal as much as Cody.

As for his personality, I've heard stories, but he was pretty cool when I met him at the CAC.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

He has not achieved his goal. The timeline he gave when he bought NWA was that he'd have already had his own venues and regular shows YEARS back.

He's booking fossils and under-delivering at every chance and people are praising him. If ROH's title scene was a 55 year old science teacher and freaking Magnus, the Marty Janetty to Doug Williams' HBK, everybody who is currently praising the NWA would be making fun of ROH. And they'd be right to.

If ROH put the tag belts on who Billy Corgan did, half of this website would laugh themselves to death.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

To most people Powerrr came off as a really pleasant surprise. I was basically not even thinking of them as a real promotion even knowing that they were doing their tapings. Everyone knows that NWA has who most of the major US promotions have passed on, no one is expecting anything other than talent who were maybe names ten years ago or southern indie talent.

I want to know who else is on the production team other than Lagana. The look and tone was extraordinarily faithful. Even the direction given to the promos was excellent. Storm, Jocephus, Tim, The Dawsons, and Aldis all came off like they had years of experience doing studio wrestling. My biggest criticism of the show so far is that in trying to re-capture 80s studio promotions, they also look to be stepping into reproducing the same racial preferences. Wrestling in the US was already so white at large and if you want to want to bring back the NWA you should be aware of trying to redress that balance so that i doesn't read as a restorative work that also bears the strains of social conservatism. Also, Bram can fuck off.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

"we knew it was gonna suck so we're grading on a curve"