Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:00 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:18 pm
famicommander wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:55 pm Hey, AAA resents the remark about nobody being more dysfunctional.

At least ROH talent gets paid.
I'm rather unfamiliar with AAA. Lucha was never a style I cared much for. I'd love to be further educated on the subject, by all means hit me with that 411. THANKS!
A lot of the trademarks involved with AAA are tied up with the TV networks who do or did air their programming, so they don't make as much from their media visibility as one might expect.

And they have a history of people like the Penas, Vampiro, and Konnan offering guys one thing and delivering another, or just straight up stiffing people.

AAA exists as a reaction to CMLL's legendary conservatism, in terms of both booking and presentation. So CMLL has a history of delivering quality but extremely safe and predictable programming; they always make money but they never try to become a global brand or expand in any meaningful way. AAA's entire history is throwing whatever they can at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Some highlights have included Sexy Star assaulting Rosemary and intentionally injuring her during a match, the commentary cutting in and out during their first Triplamania English PPV broadcast, Jeff Jarrett wrestling drunk and hurling tortillas into the crowd at a different Triplamania, etc.

Just imagine if a drunken Delirious were CMLL World Heavyweight Champion. Hell, drunk Jeff Jarrett is a 2X AAA Mega Champion.
All of which sound absolutely awful. But I'd debate that they've at least changed bookers, created new stars and put more butts in seats than the current ROH team has since SBG took over.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

bandido 7 weeks out

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3FVxgopj--/

so no Bandido/ Mike Bailey...what a shame.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Replacement for bandido in the uk tour coming sion

https://twitter.com/IanRiccaboni/status ... 51970?s=19
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:59 am Replacement for bandido in the uk tour coming sion

Never one to overhype things but you will not be disappointed. It is an ROH debut as far as I can remember...
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:43 pm
monster mafia wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:59 am Replacement for bandido in the uk tour coming sion

Never one to overhype things but you will not be disappointed. It is an ROH debut as far as I can remember...
Great to see another debut,

Might be a long shot, but is he or she a European talent or from North America, Japan, Mexico?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Flamita is bandido replacement
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Flamita vs Colt cabana in london
Flamita & Tracy Williams vs Marty & Flip in Newport
Flamita vs Mike Bailey in Bolton.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I'm glad talent flamita jake atlas tyler Bateman Dragon lee are getting used but they need to get them under contracts
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

So nice replacement.
As good as bandido.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:28 pm Image
Perhaps having Bully Ray back to rekindle his feud with LifeBlood will help draw the crowds and viewers back 8-)
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Yeaaaah Flamita is super cool! Great to see him getting some oportunities in ROH. Hope we can see MexaBlood in ROH soon.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Flamita is great. You can’t deny ROH has some great talent at times. Flamita is one of the most exciting guys to watch in all of wrestling. Bring him back to the states and just book him vs Dragon Lee. Or Rush vs Flamita. Guarantee you they’d tear the house down.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

The 800 buys thing is insane. It’s sad to see, honestly. I thought it was a good show, too.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Eck's Files

*Due to suffering a knee injury, Bandido will not be on ROH’s Honor United UK tour. Taking his place will be Flamita, who has a well-earned reputation as one of the best high-flyers in pro wrestling.

Bandido went to ROH officials and requested that Flamita be the one to replace him. Bandido and Flamita are frequent tag team partners on the international independent scene.

*New ROH World Champion RUSH was not medically cleared to compete at Death Before Dishonor fallout due to suffering an ankle injury the night before in the match in which he won the title from Matt Taven. The injury is not considered serious and he will compete at Glory by Honor in New Orleans on Oct. 12. That night, RUSH will make his first title defense against the winner of a 15-man battle royal that will take place earlier in the show.

* Details are sketchy, but The Kingdom’s Vincent and TK O’Ryan were laid out backstage at Death Before Dishonor Fallout moments after they had accompanied Taven to the ring for his announcement that he was staying with ROH.

I’m told there is camera footage of the incident, but ROH officials have not released it or offered comment on it as of yet.

Speaking of Taven, the former ROH World Champion is not scheduled for a match at Glory by Honor in New Orleans, but he is booked to appear at the show.

* British stars Lana Austin and Rampage Brown will compete on the Honor United tour.

Austin will face former Women of Honor World Champion Kelly Klein on Oct. 26 in Newport. A six-year veteran, Austin has victories over the likes of Toni Storm, Kay Lee Ray, Xia Brookside and Leva Bates.

Brown, a former Progress World Champion, is booked for all three shows on the tour. He has defeated such stars as Will Ospreay and Zack Sabre Jr.

* Independent wrestlers Tyler Bateman and Jake Atlas, who faced each other at Death Before Dishonor Fallout, both impressed ROH officials and will likely be getting more opportunities in ROH.

Bateman made an especially memorable first impression. After defeating Atlas, he came out later during the show and attacked Williams following Williams’ victory over Gordon. Bateman’s motive for targeting Williams remains a mystery.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/flami ... ed-compete
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

new matches for uk tour

London:

RUSH & JEFF COBB vs. VILLAIN ENTERPRISES’ MARTY SCURLL & FLIP GORDON

JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION JAY BRISCOE

ROH WORLD TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
CHAMPION SHANE TAYLOR vs. JOE HENDRY

newport:

RUSH & JEFF COBB vs. VILLAIN ENTERPRISES’ PCO & BRODY KING

MATT TAVEN vs. JOE HENDRY
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Again, the roster is great, the names they’re using Bateman, Atlas, Flamita, Speedball(without Veda), Aussie Open, these guys are awesome. It’s how they’re booked and marketed that devalues and demotivates people from caring & buying tickets.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I know it seems Bateman is signed and atlas hinted a getting multiple contract offers hopefully one of those came from roh
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Flamita is a really good replacement, but unless he and Speedball bust out a legit MotY candidate that gets people buzzing, the match doesn't do much for ROH. I would have changed the card so each of them wrestled a ROH regular imo.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

maxx_powerz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 pm Flamita is a really good replacement, but unless he and Speedball bust out a legit MotY candidate that gets people buzzing, the match doesn't do much for ROH. I would have changed the card so each of them wrestled a ROH regular imo.
It depends on whether or not either or both of the two are booked going forward.