ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
IanRiccaboni

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by IanRiccaboni »

One area I will agree on is that representation matters. I had a moment like that yesterday in Ollie's of all places looking at a Barbie scientist and a Barbie astronaut. I grew up on the very, very tail end of the blatantly massognystic era where we were told in school what we could do in some ways based on our genders. Thankfully, almost all of that was gone by the time we reached middle school.

Representation does matter and it is invaluable in showing marginalized and overlooked groups that they can accomplish anything.

I tried to articulated my feelings on this all in this Twitter thread here: https://twitter.com/IanRiccaboni/status ... 59040?s=19

I'm not sure I will do a better job that I tried to do there. It is a complex subject. I feel extremely confident we have a safe place for full identity expression. And we have had spurts of it. Nobody has ever been denied an opportunity based on their sexual or gender identity nor have they been asked to reduce or compress that part of their identity to be featured.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:37 am One area I will agree on is that representation matters. I had a moment like that yesterday in Ollie's of all places looking at a Barbie scientist and a Barbie astronaut. I grew up on the very, very tail end of the blatantly massognystic era where we were told in school what we could do in some ways based on our genders. Thankfully, almost all of that was gone by the time we reached middle school.

Representation does matter and it is invaluable in showing marginalized and overlooked groups that they can accomplish anything.

I tried to articulated my feelings on this all in this Twitter thread here: https://twitter.com/IanRiccaboni/status ... 59040?s=19

I'm not sure I will do a better job that I tried to do there. It is a complex subject. I feel extremely confident we have a safe place for full identity expression. And we have had spurts of it. Nobody has ever been denied an opportunity based on their sexual or gender identity nor have they been asked to reduce or compress that part of their identity to be featured.
Personally, I think wearing the pin and selling the shirt is great. Always room to grow but outreach and acknowledging the LGBTQ+ community on air is a heck of a start and you should be commended for that, Ian.

One point I must mention as I know you’ve communicated with Parrow on Twitter. His story of a non-welcoming environment he directly told me himself was horrifying. Especially considering the great man who owned this company that we all love and support. I hope your attitude and welcoming nature rubs off on those who have not caught up to the current times. We’ve got one planet, no reason everyone can’t find common ground nor find a way to accept others may not always believe the same things they do. Keep on, keeping on!
Captain Podcast
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

Guess this is the best place to ask this. What happened to Holidead and Thunder Rosa?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Thunder Rosa has an MMA fight in November.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thebrettclark wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:59 pm Guess this is the best place to ask this. What happened to Holidead and Thunder Rosa?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The sad thing is most of the talent nwa is using for these shows ain't signed so storylines can get dropped if the talent gets signed somewhere else
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:21 am
thebrettclark wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:59 pm Guess this is the best place to ask this. What happened to Holidead and Thunder Rosa?
Just saw it on Twitter. Oh well at least we still have The Allure.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Losing female talent to a misogynistic nutbag who doesn't even have a show yet.

How much lower can the women's division go?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

But she's not signed i believe
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:23 am The sad thing is most of the talent nwa is using for these shows ain't signed so storylines can get dropped if the talent gets signed somewhere else
So says who?

Just because NWA isn't advertising signings doesn't mean they haven't.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

So Meltzer said on his podcast that ROH has made a huge offer to Taven - 3 times as much as NXT guys make and plan to make Marty a similar offer
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I feel like there is bunch of contradictory takes going around. On one hand we have people saying that Sinclair is thinking about selling RoH, on the other hand we have them giving great deals to wrestlers like Taven. It is not like some other company will want to pay for RoH more if they have Taven signed to high end contract.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

So Sinclair gives roh money or nah?
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 am So Sinclair gives roh money or nah?
Possible to make a couple big money offers and stay within whatever budget Sinclair has set-especially with so many deals coming up by year’s end and the likelihood not everyone stays
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Lynx wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:17 am I feel like there is bunch of contradictory takes going around. On one hand we have people saying that Sinclair is thinking about selling RoH, on the other hand we have them giving great deals to wrestlers like Taven. It is not like some other company will want to pay for RoH more if they have Taven signed to high end contract.
The “ROH for sale” talk has always sounded like nothing more than knock the competition rumor.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Aria Palmer is in Vegas I know it's someone roh has been looking at
Montana

Post by Montana »

She's been doing the timekeeper role, the same one Amy Rose had. She was at the global Wars shows.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.f4wonline.com/mexico/rush-a ... mll-293471
CMLL announced shortly after the conclusion of their anniversary show that both Rush and Dragon Lee are no longer with the promotion.

In a series of tweets, the promotion stated that they had fired both men for not following programing and company guidelines.

Dragon Lee was recently removed from CMLL’s 86th anniversary show and other events, as well as lineups following the event. The following was written in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter: "While nobody has said why, the belief was that he worked BOLA, when CMLL told both he and Cavernario that they couldn’t do the show and he didn’t listen."

In a video posted shortly before the news broke, Rush and his father La Bestia del Ring said that they would be going independent. Mistico, the son of Bestia and brother of Rush, wished his family well in a tweet, indicating that he would be remaining with CMLL.

Dragon Lee also posted on Twitter, thanking the recently deceased Paco Alonso for his opportunities and welcomes the new stage of his life. He was apparently surprised by his release.

CMLL has trademarks for both the Rush and Dragon Lee names, which means they will likely be using new names going forward. Rush already has bookings for both KAOZ and The Crash under the name El Toro Blanco.

Rush is still with Ring of Honor, having just won their World Championship tonight at Death Before Dishonor. Dragon Lee also worked the event, being added to what originally was a triple threat match for the ROH Television title. Shane Taylor retained the title, but Dragon Lee confronted him after the match, setting up a possible singles match.

Both Rush and Dragon Lee are scheduled to team up to face PCO and Brody King at tomorrow’s television tapings.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Just thinking out loud here.... Rush was signed with CMLL until the end of 2020, and ROH to the end of 2019. I assume ROH will resign Rush for longer, but hopefully they can lock down both Rush and Dragon Lee into good deals.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Rush is signed with roh until 2020.