Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Looks to be a good get
Montana

Post by Montana »

Anthony Henry would be awesome... If unfamiliar, dude is legit and tough. Should be the evolve champ... hope this is true.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I think I'm going to see Anthony Henry at Bloodsport next month. Isn't he part of a tag team work a bigger guy? I'm pretty sure I've seen them on some other smaller shows.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:27 pm Heard this last night ROH signed Anthony Henry, no idea how accurate this is. Also heard the same from Conrad this morning on air with Tony.
Awesome, that’s a really interesting move, I wonder if there are more moves like this planned. If so the roster is about to get a whole lot better.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 pm I think I'm going to see Anthony Henry at Bloodsport next month. Isn't he part of a tag team work a bigger guy? I'm pretty sure I've seen them on some other smaller shows.

james drake...he can be a great fit for roh too, the WorkHorsemen are a great tag team.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Anthony Henry is free from evolve?? if the news is true, a great pick by roh.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I wonder who else they have signed
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Montana wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:43 pm I'm having a hard time following this thread... which is probably bc a lack of information leaked, thus we are trying to guess.

- But a tournament to name a #1 contender for Final Battle is typically Survival of the Fittest, unless something changes.

- Unless i missed it, no where did i see ROH eluding to a new title. Would love a Pure Rules annual tournament, and have recommended it in the past, but like others said ROH doesn't need another Title.

- Last time i checked, Elgin and Sydal weren't draws or major stars. Even if Future stars of Wrestling has a bigger card, at the end of the day, nothing that happens there matters in the wrestling world. It just gives the Impact guys a place to work, as they work for impact every 4-6 weeks between tapings, and thats about it.
- SotF winner earns a title shot, 2014 was the last year it was at Final Battle though.
2018: Marty wins, gets shot at G1 Supercard
2017: Punishment Martinez wins, gets shot at TV taping
2016: Bobby Fish wins, gets shot at Manhattan Mayhem
2015: Michael Elgin wins, gets shot at Wrestle Kingdom
2014: Adam Cole wins, gets shot at Final Battle

- I tend to find myself on the side of the ROH apologist more often than not these days, but that said, a former ROH World champion / NJPW Intercontinental champion is 100% not below the standards of 2019 ROH. If you don't want ROH to use Elgin because he's a dick, that's fine (and that's probably where I fall), but if he did show up ROH could immediately book him into a World title match no questions asked.

I feel less strongly about Sydal, but think he would be fine to bring in as an occasional guest to fill a card out if he is a free agent like his Wiki says.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Fuck Michael Elgin.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Guys again, the henry story is far from confirmed. I know nothing beyond what I was told via phone
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 am Guys again, the henry story is far from confirmed. I know nothing beyond what I was told via phone
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter mentions Dragon Lee is currently booked for the ROH show in Las Vegas.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

On the speculation of Anthony Henry coming in, ROH's notorious treadmill of a midcard doesn't need to be populated even further. And I like Henry, but he might not have a great ceiling considering his promo work.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:01 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 am Guys again, the henry story is far from confirmed. I know nothing beyond what I was told via phone

I don't get the Kawhi meme. If I was told incorrect info, I'll happily out who told me.
Captain Podcast
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 pm I think I'm going to see Anthony Henry at Bloodsport next month. Isn't he part of a tag team work a bigger guy? I'm pretty sure I've seen them on some other smaller shows.
Hey I'm going to that show too! Gonna be front row for it!
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Damaris Dawkins will be making her debut this week amy rose is officially kenny manager and next week we should be getting details on final battle tournament
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Kevin Eck updates:

A tournament with major implications for the Final Battle pay-per-view on Dec. 13 in Baltimore was likely to happen. It’s expected that ROH officials will be announcing details next week. …

Look for some of the top unsigned talent in the UK to get opportunities to compete on ROH’s Honor United tour Oct. 25-27 in London, Newport and Bolton. …

The inaugural Future of Honor show took place last weekend in Joppa, Md., and was a rousing success. It will be available soon on HonorClub. The next future of Honor event in Joppa, titled Honor Games, will be on Sept. 20.

Amy Rose, who was let go from her job as timekeeper by ROH officials last month as a result of her repeated involvement in Kenny King’s matches, applied for and has been granted a manager’s license. She will accompany King to the ring for his matches in Atlanta and Nashville.

Promising newcomer Damaris Dawkins will make her Women of Honor debut this weekend. Dawkins, who trains at the Wordwide Wrestling Dojo in Bristol, Pa., under Cheeseburger, will face Jenny Rose in Atlanta in a match taped exclusively for a future episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling,” and will compete in a four-way match against Rose, The Allure’s Angelina Love and Sumie Sakai in Nashville.

WOH World Champion Kelly Klein will be at both shows, as will Maria Manic.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I can't wait to see the future of honor show
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

unsigned talent to compete in the uk: interesting, maybe you guys know a lot of names...nice if we can share to the speculation.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:52 am unsigned talent to compete in the uk: interesting, maybe you guys know a lot of names...nice if we can share to the speculation.
Aussie Arrows, Chris Brooke’s, Carlos Romo, MK Mckinnan, Pure TKC, The O.J.M.O, Cara Noir, Paul Robinson, Gabrial Kidd, Scotty Davis, Rampage on the UK side of things. If I’m ROH I would also use Mike Bailey, would be a great way to get around his recent issues never had a bad match that guy.