Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:50 am WON:

"What we are told is that there will be no break in the ROH/NJPW relationship, but with New Japan running U.S. shows on their own, they feel their guys are doing too many U.S. dates on small shows and they want them to do less dates because it’s better long-term on their bodies."
So it will actually mean more in the end, fantastic! This is what it should have been the last couple of years.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

So hopefully more stuff like we now have with GoD and less random appearances that lead nowhere.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

All it says is that NJPW wants their guys to do less dates. Presumably ROH are the ones running small shows that they don't want their talent doing anymore. Sounds like the end of NJPW joint shows. Don't see much reason for optimism other than the formality of the relationship being in tact keeping NJPW away from AEW for now.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

maxx_powerz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 am All it says is that NJPW wants their guys to do less dates. Presumably ROH are the ones running small shows that they don't want their talent doing anymore. Sounds like the end of NJPW joint shows. Don't see much reason for optimism other than the formality of the relationship being in tact keeping NJPW away from AEW for now.
I think it means the multiple War of the Worlds/Global Wars tours that they do, instead it will likely be one big one and or using NJPW talents hear and there, like with GOD which makes it better overall.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Instead of two whole tours a year why not do like four huge supershows with NJPW per year? WM weekend, Maybe SummerSlam weekend but the G1 would prevent the biggest stars from coming most likely. Might be able to piggyback off all the WWE big four.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

MSG was huge sucsess,but we don't see topix about next ROH/NJPW supershow.
Who in ROH or NJPW think they don't need more?
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Well before MSG show nobody was really talking about big super show either. It was right time and place situation. I kinda doubt that we are going to get another big supershow any time soon regardless of what happens with the partnership.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

All ROH brought to G1 Supercard was taking the leap of faith and booking the building. NJPW would have filled the building themselves, and since they can just book any ROH guy they want, I don't really see any super shows happening.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

ROH did a show in Madison Square Garden and had Matt Taven win the world title.

Matt. Taven.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I hope they have some NJPW guys on the upcoming Vegas PPV. There's usually atleast 1 or 2 guys on the Vegas shows, but I guess we'll have to see. In past years, they had Shibata, Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki, etc. I've seen every big NJPW guy right here in Vegas thanks to all of those shows. I really miss those days :(
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Aew having a very good day, roh’s office is not. That’s all I can say for now
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

oh no, now you gonna need to tell us all you know!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Let me guess someone else is leaving the Roh office
Montana

Post by Montana »

Just guessing... but

Marty put in his 2 week notice : ( ?!?

Jeff Cobb : ( ?!!

ROH is going to need to be extremely diligent in recruiting backfills. Joe hendry?!? Maybe

Also AEW tickets for their first tv show went on sale. I assume sales are going well.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

This shit is so riddiculous, oh look I have info but nope can't say a thing, honestly.

It's likely going to come out anyway this stuff doesn't stay silent for long.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:26 am This shit is so riddiculous, oh look I have info but nope can't say a thing, honestly.

All of what we saw today with AEW tickets exploding was I was referring to. ROH's inner office is super jealous and feels used by what AEW and it's top guys have done overall. One top ROH person thinks this was always the plan as soon as Cody wasn't getting the book from Delirious.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Maybe this is awake up call for Joe and sinclair
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:38 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:26 am This shit is so riddiculous, oh look I have info but nope can't say a thing, honestly.

All of what we saw today with AEW tickets exploding was I was referring to. ROH's inner office is super jealous and feels used by what AEW and it's top guys have done overall. One top ROH person thinks this was always the plan as soon as Cody wasn't getting the book from Delirious.
Then dude you could have said that, it just came off like you had something to divulge but weren’t going to say. It’s one thing that bugs the holy hell out of me.

That’s more than understandable on both sides, and the senior person in ROH isn’t wrong probably. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was thought about/discussed prior to that decision. I could see Cody wanting to do this for a long time. The simple fact ROH could have been a such a position if it didn’t make the most stupid decisions while having Bully Ray as central piece. Now they are playing catch up and only themselves to blame, that said they are going a much better job now and I hope it’s a sign of them realising how lazy and inconsiderate to the fan base they have been.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Montana wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:16 am Just guessing... but

Marty put in his 2 week notice : ( ?!?

Jeff Cobb : ( ?!!

ROH is going to need to be extremely diligent in recruiting backfills. Joe hendry?!? Maybe

Also AEW tickets for their first tv show went on sale. I assume sales are going well.
He said office so I’m guessing it’s somebody behind the scenes.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:29 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Then dude you could have said that, it just came off like you had something to divulge but weren’t going to say. It’s one thing that bugs the holy hell out of me.

That’s more than understandable on both sides, and the senior person in ROH isn’t wrong probably. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was thought about/discussed prior to that decision. I could see Cody wanting to do this for a long time. The simple fact ROH could have been a such a position if it didn’t make the most stupid decisions while having Bully Ray as central piece. Now they are playing catch up and only themselves to blame, that said they are going a much better job now and I hope it’s a sign of them realising how lazy and inconsiderate to the fan base they have been.
Obviously I cannot see into the future to know it would be a day one sell out. Hence the vagueness.
Captain Podcast