Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm If Flips injured I would go with Dalton as Cabbana’s partner if he isn’t taking time off too.
The problem there may be with the Boys also in the tournament.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:35 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm If Flips injured I would go with Dalton as Cabbana’s partner if he isn’t taking time off too.
Ideally you put Cabana with someone he plays well off of. If Ace Steel doesn't want to do it, I'd think about one of Cabana's old pals like Grado or maybe they could get someone like Toru Yano who I can't stand but would fit well with changing the pace.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Caprice Coleman. Just put him with pretty much anybody on the roster and you've got a tag team I'd watch.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:31 pm
WebConn wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:27 pm
AlexROH wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 am So teams for the Tag Wars 2019 are:

- Life Blood (Finlay & Juice)
- 3 S (Isom & Cheeseburger)
- The Boys
- The Bouncers (Bruiser & Milonas)
- A NJPW LA Dojo Tag Team
- Cabana & Flip
- Life Blood (Williams & Haskins)
- The Kingdom (O'Ryan & Marseglia)
- Kenny King & ??
- Villain Enterprises (PCO & King)
- Lethal & Gresham
- Coast 2 Coast (Ali & LSG)
So theres gonna be two tag tournaments in ROH 4 months a part from one another. Sometimes the ROH booking makes no sense. especially cuz I assume the Crockett Cup will feature most of these teams. And Crockett will be one night so it looks like it's gonna be 8 teams and I suspect it won't be many outside teams. IDK seems weird to me.
Since winning Tag Wars earns that team a spot in the Crockett Cup I'm going to say the other teams won't be in it. The Crockett Cup is a NWA show that will be featured by ROH since the NWA can't really run shows on their own. It's possible a couple of these teams get in besides the winner because I have no idea who else Corgan is going to find to be in this tournament.
I agree with what you're saying, though I do think it's a little silly that the qualifier tournament will have more teams in it than the tournament itself.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 pm
kovs27 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:31 pm
WebConn wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:27 pm

So theres gonna be two tag tournaments in ROH 4 months a part from one another. Sometimes the ROH booking makes no sense. especially cuz I assume the Crockett Cup will feature most of these teams. And Crockett will be one night so it looks like it's gonna be 8 teams and I suspect it won't be many outside teams. IDK seems weird to me.
Since winning Tag Wars earns that team a spot in the Crockett Cup I'm going to say the other teams won't be in it. The Crockett Cup is a NWA show that will be featured by ROH since the NWA can't really run shows on their own. It's possible a couple of these teams get in besides the winner because I have no idea who else Corgan is going to find to be in this tournament.
I agree with what you're saying, though I do think it's a little silly that the qualifier tournament will have more teams in it than the tournament itself.
Actually, that makes sense. The Crockett Cup is supposed to be a Big Deal and having only 8 teams to compete for that honor, especially with Tag Wars being more populated, helps with the prestige, I think.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Could see Colt with The Hurricane or Luchasaurus if Flip is indeed a no go.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm The tag team division really is just horrible, it’s been left to rot into that. Really needs an injection of talent badly.

Though the team of Williams and Haskins sounds awesome. If Flips injured I would go with Dalton as Cabbana’s partner if he isn’t taking time off too.
what teams would you like to see?
I think considering they just had a match in a Future or Honor match, The End would be great, you could than add a couple of others say like Jake Something and Curt Stallion, then Maybe Ar Fox and Myron Reed. My dream would have been to bring Aussie Arrows. They also just announced that Milk Chocolate will be coming in to Future of Honor tapings which is great and I can understand them needing time to get better but why not throw them in, you are giving the New Japan Dojo guys a chance why not them.

Overall this might work out and the Dojo guys impress and you can have them as a tag team that grows inside ROH. There's just too many teams thrown together, and others that I just don't want in the tournament.

The team of Kenny and this random guy might be a shock, cool surprise that really works as a tag team moving forward, but there isn't enough emotion in the matches that can be booked to really make a big deal out of it. That's why I said Dalton for Colt because it has history and emotion that fans can buy into. Plus tag matches save Dlaton's back and give him the chance for gold.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:35 pm
Wouldn't that add an interesting dynamic to it all, it would put him in a situation he never wants to be which to me is pretty cool.

If you wanted to use someone from the Texas area, Ricky Starks would be cool, also Starks and Aaron Solo have created a decent tag team.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I liked what I saw of Ricky Starks at the NWA 70th Anniversary. I got to see Aaron Solo on a Glory Pro card in July. Solo seemed very miffed that fans were taunting him about his romantic relationship during the match.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 am I liked what I saw of Ricky Starks at the NWA 70th Anniversary. I got to see Aaron Solo on a Glory Pro card in July. Solo seemed very miffed that fans were taunting him about his romantic relationship during the match.
Starks has got a lot going for him, he needs a lot of ring time but charisma wise, personality he has a tone of potential especially for TV. He's improving every time I see him, and I think it would be a good time to get him in and build on him from the ground up.

Was that Solow's in ring relationship or outside of wrestling, as he does a 'lovers', so to speak gimmick with Starks.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

--Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham GREAT

-- Villain Enterprises (PCO and Brody King) GREAT

-- Juice Robinson and David Finlay VERY NICE

-- The Kingdom (TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia) NORMAL CHOICE

-- Colt Cabana and Flip Gordon (pending medical prognosis) PENDING

-- Coast 2 Coast (LSG and Shaheem Ali) COOL

-- Mark Haskins and “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams GREAT

-- The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas) NORMAL CHOICE

-- Kenny King and a partner of his choosing PENDING

-- Eli Isom and Cheeseburger NORMAL CHOICE

-- The Boys THEY NEED TO SHINE

-- NJPW L.A. Dojo’s Karl Fredericks and Alex Coughlin PENDING

i thing the filed is not that bad...new tag teams and maybe good matches coming.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:46 am
dhads7161 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 am I liked what I saw of Ricky Starks at the NWA 70th Anniversary. I got to see Aaron Solo on a Glory Pro card in July. Solo seemed very miffed that fans were taunting him about his romantic relationship during the match.
Starks has got a lot going for him, he needs a lot of ring time but charisma wise, personality he has a tone of potential especially for TV. He's improving every time I see him, and I think it would be a good time to get him in and build on him from the ground up.

Was that Solow's in ring relationship or outside of wrestling, as he does a 'lovers', so to speak gimmick with Starks.
Outside of wrestling. There was someone heckling him pretty hard about Bayley that at least she's in TV or some shit and he called the guy a bitch.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder if ANX gets back together for this? Unlikely probably, expecting Shane Taylor to be with Kenny King. Could actually see Rhett with Colt if Flip is indeed out, he was made to look pretty good in the three way match on Sunday, he did eat the pin but he looked good in it all three did.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I'm sure it's a long shot but I'd love to see Austin Aries return to be Kenny King's partner. It would make complete sense with Kenny's path the past 6 months. What kills the idea is how does that team lose while making Aries happy. I'm sure he wouldn't want to come in just to lose in the second round and have no follow up.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so josh woods is gone or what?
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 am Wonder if ANX gets back together for this? Unlikely probably, expecting Shane Taylor to be with Kenny King. Could actually see Rhett with Colt if Flip is indeed out, he was made to look pretty good in the three way match on Sunday, he did eat the pin but he looked good in it all three did.
King and Titus re-forming ANX would make the most sense, but I'm not sure if that happens considering King's singles run.

Maybe Aries comes in to team with King now that he's taken his heel turn after losing to Austin last year?
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:58 am so josh woods is gone or what?
That's a great question -- when's the last time he showed up somewhere? For a guy that won the top prospect tournament, he's not gotten a lot of push so far. Milonas (who was also in that tournament as I recall) has gotten far more attention since.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Chris Sabin and Flip Gordon will both be getting MRI’s this week after suffering knee injuries at ROH live events over the weekend.

It is believed that Sabin suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during a six-man mayhem match at the international television taping in Atlanta Saturday night. Sabin began clutching his knee after executing a super hurricanrana on Gordon. He was unable to finish the match and was helped to the back.

Gordon injured his right knee during his match against Tracy Williams at Honor Reigns Supreme in Concord, N.C., on Sunday. It is believed he will be out of action a minimum of four weeks with a possible MCL sprain. Gordon came up limping after hitting a running dropkick in the corner. He tried to continue, but his knee gave out and the referee stopped the match. Gordon was helped to the back.

Keep it locked onto ROHWrestling.com for more updates on Sabin and Gordon as they become available.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:44 amOutside of wrestling. There was someone heckling him pretty hard about Bayley that at least she's in TV or some shit and he called the guy a bitch.
Yeah that's what I thought, I remember it being an issue for him in the past.

Just on the ANX thing King said that wasn't happening on commentary during Honor Reigns as they weren't on the same wave length, or something like that anyway.

Josh Woods leaving certainly isn't a bad thing wether there is no explanation or not. Hopefully it shows ROH you really have to go with talent over gimmick /style.

That really sucks for Sabin especially with his history, I hope he can come back, as I really want to see that long match with Lethal. ROH though and Flip are incredibly lucky with that, to only loose Flip for a month to six weeks is massive in the grand scheme of things.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:49 am I'm sure it's a long shot but I'd love to see Austin Aries return to be Kenny King's partner. It would make complete sense with Kenny's path the past 6 months. What kills the idea is how does that team lose while making Aries happy. I'm sure he wouldn't want to come in just to lose in the second round and have no follow up.
Now this would make the most sense, as King referenced ages ago how he learnt so much from Aries after what happened in their mini feud, in many ways Aries created this Kenny King. Think it would be a great tag team and add another good talent to the roster.