Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Just watched Karen Q vs Tenille. Probably the strongest WOH match yet, especially on TV.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:23 pm Just watched Karen Q vs Tenille. Probably the strongest WOH match yet, especially on TV.
Gotta agree with that. Karen Q has a good level, in terms of WOH. And god, they need to give Tenille the title ASAP.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:14 am
The Dragon Saga wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:23 pm Just watched Karen Q vs Tenille. Probably the strongest WOH match yet, especially on TV.
Gotta agree with that. Karen Q has a good level, in terms of WOH. And god, they need to give Tenille the title ASAP.
Granted I don't think I've ever seen her get enough time to put on something truly great anywhere other than NXT, but I've been kind of disappointed by her indy run so far.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:16 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:42 pm Uch. Please no Thunder Rosa.
Why? She had some awesome matches in Lucha Underground.
I'm not the best with internet tones of voice, so I'm going to assume this is sarcasm?
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:24 pm i am wrong or lizad man is just putting tag matches, singles matches with no storyline...?

You are correct. I've been saying it since basically the day they started try to push this thing.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

From Alex in the BITW thread:
AlexROH wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:03 pm Image

Cool match, Oedo Tai will help Kelly Klein. The other team, argh, I really dislike Sumie and Rose. Hope all the STARDOM girls get more matches at the tapings.

So the final card will be:

Dalton (c) vs. Cody vs. Marty
Briscoes (c) vs. Bucks
Kingdom (c) vs. LIJ

Klein/Oedo Tai vs. Sakai/Rose/Dashwood/Iwatani
KUSHIDA vs. Lethal
Page vs. Martinez
Flip vs. Bully

And that will leave only the TV Title left. Hope ROH is able to book Aries so we get Aries vs. Silas vs. King. Strong card.
This, iirc, will be ROH's first traditional PPV WOH match, which has been long, long due. It's not a title defense, but as long as Sumie is champion, an interpromotional showcase tag will always be the better option (especially if you happen to be liaising with Stardom). Also, cool US debut for Hazuki.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Former Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion and 2018 Mae Young Classic tournament competitor Madison Rayne announced during an appearance on CBS Sports Radio's The Taz Show that she has come to terms with Ring of Honor and has signed with the company to continue on as part of their Women of Honor division.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That's great news. Madison would make a fantastic gatekeeper for the division, and she provides some much needed experience and stability.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Britt Baker dislocated her shoulder wrestling Shayna Baszler at the recent NXT tapings, so there goes any potential WOH bookings for a few months.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:38 pm Britt Baker dislocated her shoulder wrestling Shayna Baszler at the recent NXT tapings, so there goes any potential WOH bookings for a few months.
Storyline
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Oh, that's good news then. Seemed legit from the Twitter rumblings.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

with Tenille Dashwood being out with an injury..the women of honor division are lost

really worried about that..they need to lock some good names ( before wwe ) and put more effort.
Big Red Machine

Am I the only one who thinks Kelly Klein can carry a division?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:26 am Am I the only one who thinks Kelly Klein can carry a division?
I think she has improved a huge amount in the ring, has got better at promos, defined a good charachter, I don't find her to be playing the bad ass anymore it's become more of a real identity now and people seem to react to her. The only problem is there aren't that many great matches (if any) set up for her.

I certainly don't think Tenille is the answer, she isn't too bad just a bit overated and it would glaringly obvious as champ (this maybe for other reasons as shes noted on social media), much like Sumie.

Honeslty I like how Klein is an original and ROH isn't using a name to develop the brand, people will sniff at it saying there's better out their yeah there probably is but Klein at least has history in ROH. The brand can actually grow from here, it's just a shame they didn't start with Klein or Parazzo in the first place.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:26 am Am I the only one who thinks Kelly Klein can carry a division?
I don't even think Mayu Iwatani could carry this division. It's still a disaster.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Britt baker justed signed with aew
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

expected.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:43 pm expected.
Where did you post your expectation?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rovert1 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:48 pm
monster mafia wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:43 pm expected.
Where did you post your expectation?
i dont post anything... is expected for me because of all in, adam cole and stuff...only for that
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Jordynne Grace appeared on Cutting Corners with JD and spoke about why she signed with Impact and what she likes about the Knockouts Division. Here are some of the highlights:

Why she chose Impact Wrestling over other promotions:

"Well I'm not going to lie to you. Give you a little exclusive here. Never been contacted by the WWE besides for extra work, and there was something weird about the Mae Young Classic, which I'm sure you'll ask me about in a second, too. Ring of Honor—I don't know if you know my husband, Jonathan Gresham, he is signed to Ring of Honor, he's been signed there for two years. I don't know.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I went to tryouts, did all that stuff, but I guess there was no interest in me and Impact was the first ones that reached out to me with a plan. You know? Like a plan of attack. They gave me a direct thing that they wanted to do with me and I really embraced that, and I liked that, so that's why I signed with them."