Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WebConn

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by WebConn »

Their going to have to run something big if they want to sell The Sears Centre out for Final Battle.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:52 am
dhads7161 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:43 pm Going to make a wild guess that Final Battle will be in Chicago this year since it's not a city on the Global Wars tour.
same venue as all in maybe...
I'd figure the Odeum where ROH has been doing Chicago shows. Would be more of a guaranteed sellout while also serving the ROH ambitions of wanting larger venues.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Yeah, I'd guess the Odeum too. Odeum is a good arena, I like the aesthetic of the shows there.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If I am right and they do Chicago for Final Battle Cody vs. Aldis III would be a fitting match for that show.
Can either serve as Cody's rematch after dropping is at the NWA 70th Anniversary or where Aldis actually takes it back.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Don't talk about the NWA Fammicommander will rip you a new one.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:26 pm Don't talk about the NWA Fammicommander will rip you a new one.
IDGAF
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I was being silly. I wouldn't run Sears if I was ROH I'd run a smaller building but I'm not opposed to Final Battle in Chicago.

If I was booker I might run Montreal with PCO either wrestling Lethal or Cody for Final Battle.

And I'd also run the greater Phoenix area during Rumble weekend.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm I was being silly. I wouldn't run Sears if I was ROH I'd run a smaller building but I'm not opposed to Final Battle in Chicago.
Figure the Odeum. That's ROH's new Chicagoland home.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:37 pm
WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm I was being silly. I wouldn't run Sears if I was ROH I'd run a smaller building but I'm not opposed to Final Battle in Chicago.
Wikipedia says 5500 is max capacity for wrestling there. Build a strong enough card they can do it.
The Dragon Saga

WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm

If I was booker I might run Montreal with PCO either wrestling Lethal or Cody for Final Battle.

I don't mind PCO maybe being brought in for a pop on a show but wrestling on ROH's biggest show of the year?

This is a prime example of why fans are not bookers.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:53 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:37 pm
Wikipedia says 5500 is max capacity for wrestling there. Build a strong enough card they can do it.
It can be configured for a smaller crowd if need be. But if ROH can draw 3,000 in Baltimore for BITW then they can draw at least that number in Chicago.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'm curious to what the return draws. It's a month away but nothings been announced. I wonder if they try a Cody NWA defense as the headliner. On further thought a Cody, Young Bucks 6 man title defense as the headliner might be the better bet. Put Lethal on the opposing team, I don't know what tag team you put in there. Machine guns would fit but Shelley just had to retire.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:38 pm I'm curious to what the return draws. It's a month away but nothings been announced. I wonder if they try a Cody NWA defense as the headliner. On further thought a Cody, Young Bucks 6 man title defense as the headliner might be the better bet. Put Lethal on the opposing team, I don't know what tag team you put in there. Machine guns would fit but Shelley just had to retire.
I don't think anyone ROH guys besides Cody will be on the NWA Anniversary Show if that's what you're referring to.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

dhads7161 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:37 am
WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:38 pm I'm curious to what the return draws. It's a month away but nothings been announced. I wonder if they try a Cody NWA defense as the headliner. On further thought a Cody, Young Bucks 6 man title defense as the headliner might be the better bet. Put Lethal on the opposing team, I don't know what tag team you put in there. Machine guns would fit but Shelley just had to retire.
I don't think anyone ROH guys besides Cody will be on the NWA Anniversary Show if that's what you're referring to.
I was referring to the return to Baltimore for Glory by Honor
The Dragon Saga

It's 42 days away. They have bigger priorities.

Do Champions vs. All Stars - minus the six man tag team champions - at the house show in Baltimore. It's always a great match, with the current title holders It'll make an interesting dynamic.

Lethal, Martinez & The Briscoes vs. Cody, The Addiction or Best Friends and I don't know, Flip Gordon?

They can use The Bucks lower on the card. Maybe put them with Page or Scurll and do a six man.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I'm concerned that the six-man titles may have actually ended the CvAS match. It wasn't hosted last year, and the logistics of it are too weird for them to entertain a 7v7 match or to decredentialize the six-man champions by their omission.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Tickets go on sale next week for Final Battle, Ring of Honor’s huge, annual pay-per-view extravaganza, which again takes place at the historic Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Friday, Dec. 14.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ticke ... -york-city
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Tickets go on sale next week for Final Battle, Ring of Honor’s huge, annual pay-per-view extravaganza, which again takes place at the historic Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Friday, Dec. 14.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ticke ... -york-city
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wilson wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:55 am I'm concerned that the six-man titles may have actually ended the CvAS match. It wasn't hosted last year, and the logistics of it are too weird for them to entertain a 7v7 match or to decredentialize the six-man champions by their omission.
You know I think a match of champions could work.
As it stands right now Lethal, Martinez, Briscoes vs. Cody, Bucks, and Marty or Hangman as the other six man champion since don't BC use the Freebird rule with the Six Man belts?
Hell Marty being in the match would still be a champion as he and the Bucks have the NEVER Six Man titles.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Champs vs All Stars have been done this year at Bound By Honor. They call it Bc vs Chpions but it was the same. That's how Cody got the title match at BITW.