Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:30 am Haven't been watching the TV since Honorclub launched. Just been watching the Honor Club VOD shows.
The shows have been consistently good for the most part. More time has been given to matches. I recommend checking it out.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They do actually have story lines to the contrary of what people say they don't
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Weekly wrestling television shows have become repetitive and boring for me. About the only weekly show I actually watch anymore is Impact (come at me, bro). More of the reason for not watching ROH is more because I just am out of the house on the weekends anymore and watching via stream service just doesn't have the same feeling as watching on TV that's why as much as I enjoy NXT I don't watch the weekly show that often. I have completely stopped watching WWE main roster and will go on YouTube the day after to watch Tyler and Dragon segments.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Lucha Underground is the best wrestling TV show and nothing else is even in the conversation.

I'd put ROH TV next, though
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I don't watch luncha underground that much however I love MLW because it reminds me of an modernised version of Jim Crockett promotions.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Impact and Lucha Underground are my current favorites. ROH has been really good this year and I like but don't love MLW.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

famicommander wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:14 am Lucha Underground is the best wrestling TV show and nothing else is even in the conversation.

I'd put ROH TV next, though
I just had to Google to see if Lucha Underground still existed.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Their ratings are up about 25% through the same amount of episodes last season. Still minuscule in the grand scheme of things, but who cares? Their roster is incredible, their presentation is unique, and the fully commit to everything they put on the screen.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I've been meaning to start watching ROH but just havne't gotten around to it. I picked up TNA for about a onth and a half earlier on and wasn't a fan. It was fine, but not good enough for me to invest the two hours a week in, and I hated the stuff I hated A LOT more than I liked the stuff I liked. I was going to start watching MLW with the Battle Riot but when Schiavone introduced Matt Striker as his new broadcast partner I shut the show off.

If I were ranking them all that I've seen, I'd go:
1. NXT
2. 205 Live
3. wXw Shotgun
4. LU (though it really depends on who is on the show each week)
5. TNA (although my suspicious is that if I was watching ROH it would probably fit in here)
6. Smackdown
7. Raw

(I don't watch CMLL, and neither watch NJPW on AXS nor think it should be counted for these purposes because it's essentially a best-of show and is all second-run programming).
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I watch some CMLL but I don't speak Spanish so obviously there's some difficulty there.

Every time people tell me WWE shows have gotten better I watch them and then regret it.

Same with Impact, but I'm a bit softer on them because they're traditionally run by idiots with no money (Don Callis is smart, at least, but I'm still suspicious). There's no excuse for WWE. They have the money, they have the knowledge, they have the talent. And they still suck. That's inexcusable.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Since The thread is closed I'll put this here. It's over

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11949 ... t.html?p=1
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Gonna open the thread back up and quote this there. Thanks, Alex.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:13 pm I've been meaning to start watching ROH but just havne't gotten around to it. I picked up TNA for about a onth and a half earlier on and wasn't a fan. It was fine, but not good enough for me to invest the two hours a week in, and I hated the stuff I hated A LOT more than I liked the stuff I liked. I was going to start watching MLW with the Battle Riot but when Schiavone introduced Matt Striker as his new broadcast partner I shut the show off.

1. NXT
2. 205 Live
3. wXw Shotgun
5. TNA (although my suspicious is that if I was watching ROH it would probably fit in here)
6. Smackdown
7. Raw

(I don't watch CMLL, and neither watch NJPW on AXS nor think it should be counted for these purposes because it's essentially a best-of show and is all second-run programming).
Totally agree with you about NXT. Gargano/Ciampa is the most compelling storyline in wrestling right now.

I urge you to give the ROH show a chance again. I would like to think I know your standards for wrestling is, but the KUSHIDA/Gresham match recently was a nice bout that should grab your attention.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Anyone watch Page's singles work in the G1? He looked extremely confident in his last match. He still has pacing issues, but he's getting a lot better in the punctuating period after his high spots.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:44 pm Anyone watch Page's singles work in the G1? He looked extremely confident in his last match. He still has pacing issues, but he's getting a lot better in the punctuating period after his high spots.
Very good showing. The only bas part is that he was in a block where the top talent felt lazy and Fale/White did lot of bullshit.

Loved his performance vs. Suzuki and Okada, btw.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Not related to ROH, but more-so to wrestling, this image makes me super sad.

Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler of all-time. He's the last surviving Hart Foundation member.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:10 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:13 pm I've been meaning to start watching ROH but just havne't gotten around to it. I picked up TNA for about a onth and a half earlier on and wasn't a fan. It was fine, but not good enough for me to invest the two hours a week in, and I hated the stuff I hated A LOT more than I liked the stuff I liked. I was going to start watching MLW with the Battle Riot but when Schiavone introduced Matt Striker as his new broadcast partner I shut the show off.

1. NXT
2. 205 Live
3. wXw Shotgun
6. Smackdown
7. Raw

Totally agree with you about NXT. Gargano/Ciampa is the most compelling storyline in wrestling right now.

I urge you to give the ROH show a chance again. I would like to think I know your standards for wrestling is, but the KUSHIDA/Gresham match recently was a nice bout that should grab your attention.
It's mostly Gresham match announcements and the title change that have caught my attention.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Crazy that Marty Scurll goes from wrestling The Hurricane this Saturday to wrestling Okada next Saturday.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ever since the news broke about roh selling out msg their is social media accounts are getting attention because their numbers are going up pretty fast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:45 pm Crazy that Marty Scurll goes from wrestling The Hurricane this Saturday to wrestling Okada next Saturday.
Speaks to his versatility. Can have a comedy (I'd assume) match with Helms and then will go have a 4* match with Okada.