Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by monster mafia »

holihead too

one spot left in the tournament.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/festiv ... ew-orleans
This year, FESTIVAL OF HONOR will be headlined by the two semi-finals matches of the historic Women of Honor Championship Tournament. This tournament features 16 of the top female professional wrestlers from around the world, including Women of Honor alumni, top talent from Stardom in Japan, and other international stars.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so...maybe the finals for bitw?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:13 pm so...maybe the finals for bitw?
I'd actually like to see the final main event some sort of ROH/STARDOM joint effort in the US (or at least an ROH show that they bring a some STARDOM gals in for). Take that, plus one or two other decently big matches from the men's roster and stick it on iPPV in early June.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

woh tournament brackets

kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Why are Klein, Iwatani, and Purrazzo in the same bracket? I don't like that this sets up for Brandi to be in the Finals.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Brandi has one victory in her entire WOH career. People need to stop acting like ROH books her like she's Charlotte Flair. She's going to lose to Karen Q and that will be the end of it.

I would imagine there are only three possibilities to come out of the right side of the bracket:
1. the mystery competitor. Gotta be a reason they're playing it close to the chest. Could it be Emma?
2. Karen Q, for her established rivalry with Klein and Purrazzo
3. Dark horse would be Sumie Sakai, as they seem to be giving a lot of attention (and rightfully so) to her friendship with Sammy, the little girl fighting cancer.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I hope everyone's pumped for that Brandi/Mandy Leon finals
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

it looks like that is not the real bracket for the woh tournament (woh twitter said that)

lets wait and see.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 am Brandi has one victory in her entire WOH career. People need to stop acting like ROH books her like she's Charlotte Flair. She's going to lose to Karen Q and that will be the end of it.
Welp, they did have this match for at the most recent tapings, and . . .

*SPOILERS*
. . .
Karen Q lost to Brandi. Without know the mystery participant, the right-hand side of the bracket does seem pretty on possible tournament winners with Karen Q eliminated.
1. the mystery competitor. Gotta be a reason they're playing it close to the chest. Could it be Emma?
I think the division would be better served if they waited down the line to introduce Emma rather than in a tourney where she just rips through everyone before the final. She would definitely be a welcome member to the division, though.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:24 pm it looks like that is not the real bracket for the woh tournament (woh twitter said that)

lets wait and see.
I hope you are right. The finals should be Deonna vs. Klein.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Yeah, Deonna Purrazzo vs Kelly Klein really should be the final. It's what this whole division has been built around since the reboot, and it's probably the best match they could put on without the STARDOM women.

Still bummed they didn't book anyone from CMLL. There's a lot of great talent down there that ROH should be taking advantage of.
maestrodawg65

Post by maestrodawg65 »

I just watched the opening match between Mandy Leon and Madison Rayne. Madison has always looked awesome, but I'm shocked at how Mandy looks. Which says something. Mandy has put on several pounds. She just doesn't look as athletic as she used to be. She's billed at 119, but she's got to be closer to 130 now. The match was a little slow and lumbering. Of course, Mandy got the victory. She's one of the leading ladies of ROH. But I just can't see how she could put on competitive matches at her current weight.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Mandy picked up a pretty bad knee injury within the last year. A tear of some kind. Not sure if she got surgery but she did take time off. Haven't checked in a while but she used to wear and probably still does fairly big knee brace on one of her knees but covers it up well.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

rovert1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:43 pm Mandy picked up a pretty bad knee injury within the last year. A tear of some kind. Not sure if she got surgery but she did take time off. Haven't checked in a while but she used to wear and probably still does fairly big knee brace on one of her knees but covers it up well.
This helps explain part of what I saw in this match. She needs to get that knee taken care of. Having her win the tournament at this point makes even less sense than it did before.
maestrodawg65

Post by maestrodawg65 »

I didn't see a knee brace of any kind, but that would explain how slow she looked in the ring. She has gained weight, and all of her moves looked incredibly choreographed. Good thing she had a veteran like Madison Rayne to sell for her.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

is the same bracket after all

my semi finals for scoh are deonna vs kelly klein and tenille vs kagetsu.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I think the final match will be Brandi Rhodes vs Kelly Klein or Mandy Leon