Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend Info)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SandsShifter

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend Info)

Post by SandsShifter »

... He better be working Supercard. Him and Suzuki. Hell, if that's not a match New Japan's likely to do, then put them against each other for the IC Belt.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Masterbatory
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Any word on if ROH is offering bus trans out the the Lakefront as they did last year? Or if they're doing the Festival of Honor again?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Once the event sells out, would it be unreasonable to say that ROH should allow its USA-exclusivity contracted talent to work some cards at WrestleCon, at least Rev Pro perhaps?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:20 pm Any word on if ROH is offering bus trans out the the Lakefront as they did last year? Or if they're doing the Festival of Honor again?
Not sure on bus travel (would suspect it'd be announced soon, though) but yes, they will be doing Festival of Honor.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/festiv ... ew-orleans
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

supersonic wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 pm Once the event sells out, would it be unreasonable to say that ROH should allow its USA-exclusivity contracted talent to work some cards at WrestleCon, at least Rev Pro perhaps?
As long as there are no schedule conflicts I'd love to see the guys be allowed to work RevPro; I also don't see any reason why they shouldn't. RevPro is a partner promotion and they seem on very good terms with NJPW.

I honestly want to see more synergy between ROH, NJPW, CMLL, and RevPro. It's good for everybody.

As far as promotions beyond that, I personally wouldn't mind but if I'm running ROH I certainly don't let my big guns appear for Evolve or Impact or any other non-partner promotion.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:50 pm
supersonic wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 pm Once the event sells out, would it be unreasonable to say that ROH should allow its USA-exclusivity contracted talent to work some cards at WrestleCon, at least Rev Pro perhaps?
As long as there are no schedule conflicts I'd love to see the guys be allowed to work RevPro; I also don't see any reason why they shouldn't. RevPro is a partner promotion and they seem on very good terms with NJPW.

I honestly want to see more synergy between ROH, NJPW, CMLL, and RevPro. It's good for everybody.

As far as promotions beyond that, I personally wouldn't mind but if I'm running ROH I certainly don't let my big guns appear for Evolve or Impact or any other non-partner promotion.
Agreed. Part of the reason for the exclusivity was that they didn't want guys getting hurt for someone else's show and thus screwing up an ROH card. I definitely wouldn't let them work for anyone whose show takes place before ROH's does (probably even if it was a partner).
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I would absolutely allow talent to work TNA for the right price, and if available would even consider using TNA-contracted talent for Supercard, specifically Aries. TNA has such little leverage right now to stand firm on any preferred policies as proven with the relinquished stance over the Broken Hardys IP battle. TNA needs as many big guns as possible for NOLA considering their jackshit ticket sales.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That whole company is poison. Just wait for the next exodus if you want to book their guys. The last thing ROH needs is to be associated with TNA.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I second that. Leave Impact to be Impact. Some people have really bought into this weird perception that D'Amore and Callis are going to save the company, like D'Amore wasn't one of Jarrett's cronies the whole time or that Callis, who admits he barely watches modern wrestling even knows what's "hot" nowadays.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Also Teddy Hart is now booked for Impact's WrestleCon show.

Teddy Hart is Impact's secret weapon. Mr. Money better not be used to regular cat nip because those six week Impact payouts are going to leave him hungry.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Tjey should allow the guys to work Wrestlecon Supershow, CRASH, and RevPro. A lot of them do work the CRASH events. RevPro is supposed to be part of their gang of promotions.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Remember Ospreay and Scurll were supposed to be under exclusive contract last year but were on Wrestlecon's RevPro and Supershows.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Crash is pretty much dead in the water after the Konnan split.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

You know what might keep me from abandoning ship for Takeover?

Rey Mysterio vs. Kota Ibushi

Admittedly, it's gonna be VERY difficult for me to not experience Ciampa vs. Gargano in person if it's happening that night.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Yep, definitely getting an earlier flight now. Both those GCW shows sound fun.