Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Post by famicommander »

Fun fact: Rocky Romero is the only man who has ever held a championship in all three of ROH, NJPW, and CMLL.

If Matt Taven keeps at it he could join him, though. Or if Tanahashi ever wins an ROH belt.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Yet to the Ten man tag main epsiode but up untill that episode the TV product this year has probably been my favourite part of ROH. It has come on leaps and bounds generally. Thankfully most of markish stuff that you get on the VOD isn't there which is refereshing and honestly I think there has been a better crowd than most PPV's or House shows.

Certain epsiodes and certain angles have annoyed for sure but overall it's been a very solid to very good consistent show.

If the rumours are true ROH is trying for a second hour it will be ineteresting to see how many TV tapings there will be next year as I imagine there will need to be more to fill the time slots. But if the creativity and energy is there it could really help ROH the wrestlers as a whole.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I was two weeks behind, but I've really liked the lastest episodes taped from Lakeland. The ME from last week, with that Elite vs Best Friends/Rocky, is one of my favourite matches of the year. Great spotfest without your usual BC comedy, it reminded me a lot to the trios matches Bucks and AJ used to have back in 2014-2015.

It's a ****1/4 match, IMO, and of ROH's greatest matches of the year.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Loved the Dalton Castle/Jay Lethal segment. Dalton was funny but also enthralling. Lethal vs. Castle should be fun. But Riccaboni said that Martinez won the 2017 TPT. I thought Lio won that? Or am I misremembering?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Lio Rush won it.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

King of Indy Style wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 pm Loved the Dalton Castle/Jay Lethal segment. Dalton was funny but also enthralling. Lethal vs. Castle should be fun. But Riccaboni said that Martinez won the 2017 TPT. I thought Lio won that? Or am I misremembering?
Was said Survival of the Fittest. Woods won in 2017, Rush in 2016.
King of Indy Style

FanSinceHDNet wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:28 pm
King of Indy Style wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 pm Loved the Dalton Castle/Jay Lethal segment. Dalton was funny but also enthralling. Lethal vs. Castle should be fun. But Riccaboni said that Martinez won the 2017 TPT. I thought Lio won that? Or am I misremembering?
Was said Survival of the Fittest. Woods won in 2017, Rush in 2016.
Yup, he did say SOTF. My bad
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

:lol: :lol: oh yeah...josh woods..

that guy needs some direction from roh booking.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Lethal-Ospreay from this weekend's episode is a fun match. On one hand, it makes you sad to see Ospreay go...on the other hand, it gives Lethal some momentum (continuing) as he builds to a title match with Dalton Castle.

The in-ring segment with So Cal Uncensored (focused really on The Addiction) and Joe Koff is interesting. It is the seeming attempt at a full calendar year story or at least the seeds were planted for that.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They seemed to be teasing the return of the Pure Championship on Coleman's Pulpit. He and Gresham talked about pure rules and one of the tweets on the scroll at the bottom of the screen mentioned the Pure Championship by name.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:24 pm They seemed to be teasing the return of the Pure Championship on Coleman's Pulpit. He and Gresham talked about pure rules and one of the tweets on the scroll at the bottom of the screen mentioned the Pure Championship by name.
Gresham would be the perfect guy to center this around. Really hope they go through with this.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

One of the tweets also mentioned the scene in Ernest Goes to Jail where Ernest chews on the pen, only for it to explode in his mouth. Classic stuff.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:37 pm One of the tweets also mentioned the scene in Ernest Goes to Jail where Ernest chews on the pen, only for it to explode in his mouth. Classic stuff.
Yeah that was so random it was awesome. The whole segment with Caprice is funny every week.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I don't know if I want to see a Cody-Matt Taven program.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

WebConn wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:39 pm I don't know if I want to see a Cody-Matt Taven program.
I'm certain I don't.
King of Indy Style

I don't at all. It took Will freaking Ospreay to drag a good match from Taven. The Cody matches will be horrifically boring.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Everybody talks crap about Taven but I can't remember the last bad singles match he was in. He's certainly no Bryan Danielson but his recent matches with Will Ospreay, Jay Lethal, Flip Gordon, and Jay White were all good.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 pm Everybody talks crap about Taven but I can't remember the last bad singles match he was in. He's certainly no Bryan Danielson but his recent matches with Will Ospreay, Jay Lethal, Flip Gordon, and Jay White were all good.
Right. He's not bad in the ring, but he's, like, bottom of the midcard level for what ROH should be. I can't remember the last time he really crapped the bed in a singles match, but I can't remember if he has ever had a singles match that made me say "WOW! That guy can be a big player in ROH," either.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

(Welcome, everyone, to the the longest running thread in ROHWorld history!)

Taven is ROH's Miz. I'm fine with that.

Besides Taven and Cody being a pretty unseemly fit as a program, it's not a direction the company should take for one of its hottest stars. The Briscoes finally gained momentum after their heel turn and took out a big star at Final Battle. Since the Briscoes are never cheered over the Bullet Club (even as faces against heels), so this would do well to get Cody over as a face and would keep stars on the burner. Cody vs. Taven is a program meant for no one, and will do almost nothing.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Taven is way better than Miz in the ring. He just hasn't cut the fiery, scathing, epic promos that Miz does about once per year.