ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by The Dragon Saga »

LJimmy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 pm I'm not getting the impression that Eddie Edwards is on his way out of Impact judging by how he was used at their tapings the past few days. Plus, Meltzer didn't mention his name with EC3, Lashely and Laurel Van Ness when mentioning people he heard were finishing up with Impact during or after the tapings.
Eddie's contract doesn't expire until next month, but it is coming up. As is Eli Drake and Del Rio's.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

LJimmy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 pm I'm not getting the impression that Eddie Edwards is on his way out of Impact judging by how he was used at their tapings the past few days. Plus, Meltzer didn't mention his name with EC3, Lashely and Laurel Van Ness when mentioning people he heard were finishing up with Impact during or after the tapings.
Eddie isn't unless something radically changes. Laurel is TRYING to get into NXT.

I don't think any of the roster changes in IMPACT will result in anything for ROH.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

rovert1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:11 am
Eddie isn't unless something radically changes. Laurel is TRYING to get into NXT.

I don't think any of the roster changes in IMPACT will result in anything for ROH.
I know it's a little off topic but do you think the timing off Laurel's original request for release was timed to be able to appear in the women's Royal Rumble?
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 am

I know it's a little off topic but do you think the timing off Laurel's original request for release was timed to be able to appear in the women's Royal Rumble?
No. She'll have to do a NXT tryout first.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

rovert1 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 am

Thank you for answering. Just a silly theory I had at the time.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:49 am
rovert1 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 am

Thank you for answering. Just a silly theory I had at the time.
Or no everything is up in the air and quitting while Champ was a bit extreme.

For full disclosure I heard originally her and Zack Ryder were both quitting to work indies. But that doesn't seem to be the case for Zack now.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Hania the Huntress has been fired from Impact. I liked her in WOH, but from the sound of it she's got a real attitude problem. Refused to put over Su Yung, refused to work with Taya Valkyrie, and apparently pissed off Gail Kim who was trying to give her advice.

Edit: also apparently no-showed an indie event and stuck Impact with the travel costs
The Dragon Saga

She's a legitimately toxic person so nah, she can stay away.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

"this is how you run a wrestling promotion"

"this is where you don't, under any circumstances, hire Vince Russo"
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

By posting that, are you implying you believe Enzo should be brought into ROH? The alleged rapist?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:07 pm By posting that, are you implying you believe Enzo should be brought into ROH? The alleged rapist?
I'd ask the same question even if he wasn't under investigation for anything.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

supersonic wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm
TYFDK wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:07 pm By posting that, are you implying you believe Enzo should be brought into ROH? The alleged rapist?
Orleans vs Enzo or bust.
No this crosses the line for me too. The allegations about Orleans and the submitted report regarding Enzo are heavy and look to be evident of an entire industry of men abusing their influential power. As industrial imbalance has been revealed these past few months, the world has been grappling with the ubiquity and effects of sexual abuse, harassment, and misconduct--and pro wrestling should sure as hell have its reckoning to address the decades' worth violence and misbehavior.

So in light of everything, jokes about Enzo and Orleans come of as very gauche. Feel free to call them pieces of shit or complete fuckfaces, but try not to diminish the severity of their horrific actions.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wouldn't take Enzo if he were a saint willing to pay ROH to wrestle there. To me, just as a performer, he has no redeeming qualities. That he turned out to also be an awful person is unfortunate.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:37 am She's a legitimately toxic person so nah, she can stay away.
I just read on cagematch.net that she used to be Saturyne in CHIKARA. Does anyone know if this is true?
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:25 pm
The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:37 am She's a legitimately toxic person so nah, she can stay away.
I just read on cagematch.net that she used to be Saturyne in CHIKARA. Does anyone know if this is true?
Yep.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

DJ Z, Mario Bokara, Ava Storie, and Diamante have been released by Impact.

I'd like to see DJ Z come in. Could do without the others.
The Dragon Saga

I think its likely Swann will be brought in, in some capacity. New Japan will most likely be interested in him and The Young Bucks will probably go to bat for him too. Hope he gets a call, he'd be a good boost right about now.