Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Thomas Bobo

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Thomas Bobo »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:55 pm Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in participating in a ROH Draft here on the forum (inspired by the annual DKP Christmas Draft Podcast on the WO/F4W Network)? Basically it'd be drafting a roster of talent (in this case, the all-time ROH roster) for a major supercard, and then people would vote on which one is the best. I think it'll be something cool to do during this down time for ROH, especially since (based on the current schedule), the first Pick 'Ems of 2018 won't be until February.
Yes, I'd be very interested.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think four people (myself and three others) would be a solid number, but if more people want to participate, I'd be cool with doing a second or third time.

if dhads7161 & Thomas Bobo are committed, then we just need one more person.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'm in as I love fantasy booking.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Top Prospect Tournament this year? Or pushed aside for WOH tournament?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I could see them doing both. Why not both?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I really hope the TPT stays. It's introduced some legitimately great talent in just the past three years, from Dijak and Rush to Martinez and Kincaid to Hanson and Rowe to Castle. There's always at least one person per tournament that I end up a fan of
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:15 pm I really hope the TPT stays. It's introduced some legitimately great talent in just the past three years, from Dijak and Rush to Martinez and Kincaid to Hanson and Rowe to Castle. There's always at least one person per tournament that I end up a fan of
I agree with you. The problem? With the exception of Castle, everyone on your list is gone... and participants from last year's TPT are noticeably absent from your post. Couldn't even begin to speculate who would be in this year's TPT.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Thoughts on options for the TPT? There have been some decent talent in recent FOH matches. I'd like to see Howie Timberche.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

New belts:

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:47 am New belts:

I think they look great.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

New belts look awesome. New TV Title in particular looks really nice.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I really wish they would just go with "World Trios Championship". It sounds so much better.

Awesome new belts, though.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:55 pm Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in participating in a ROH Draft here on the forum (inspired by the annual DKP Christmas Draft Podcast on the WO/F4W Network)? Basically it'd be drafting a roster of talent (in this case, the all-time ROH roster) for a major supercard, and then people would vote on which one is the best. I think it'll be something cool to do during this down time for ROH, especially since (based on the current schedule), the first Pick 'Ems of 2018 won't be until February.
F*CK YES!
Big Red Machine

christopherclinton55 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:56 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:55 am
christopherclinton55 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:31 am I hope they focus on building homegrown talents more. Now lets say im delirious I would take those road shows and build the shows off those. I would adopt more NJPW influnces such as more stables like search and destory, Bullet club, Addiction New Stable, etc.
More stables is the last thing they need. New Japan's stables play a huge part in keeping it's booking so stagnant, and with fewer belts than New Japan (and a smaller roster) this will be an even bigger problem in ROH.
Actually more stables would give the undercard the six man titles more importants and could gives younger talent something to do rather than linger on the undercard also some one like lethal losing in a six man tag would do less harm than losing in a single match.
No it won't. Look at New Japan's six-man tag titles. They don't mean sh*t either, and New Japan has a million stables. The titles don't mean anything because all of the teams that gets shots at them never have to do anything to earn them. Has there even been a team that had to win more than one match to earn a title shot (i.e. at the very least do something to earn a #1 contendership match).
The titles exist purely to have more shiny things on the show. That was made abundantly clear on the Global Wars Tour when Delirious had the Young Bucks pull the Freebird Rule out of their asses just so a random six-man main event could become a title match even though one of the guys defending the belt wasn't one of the champions... and so then he could do the same thing the next night except even worse because none of the three men defending the belts were the champions. Can Fale, Leo Tonga, and Yujiro randomly decide that some undercard match they have on a New Japan show is an ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title match now, too?

The way Delirious books his titles shows no understand of what makes a title important. A title is important because it must be kayfabe earned. If management is handing out title shots like Halloween candy (and even to guys who don't work for the company) then all you need to do to be the champion is getting lucky on the right night.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:44 pm
King of Indy Style wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:15 pm I really hope the TPT stays. It's introduced some legitimately great talent in just the past three years, from Dijak and Rush to Martinez and Kincaid to Hanson and Rowe to Castle. There's always at least one person per tournament that I end up a fan of
I agree with you. The problem? With the exception of Castle, everyone on your list is gone... and participants from last year's TPT are noticeably absent from your post. Couldn't even begin to speculate who would be in this year's TPT.
I'd actually say the problem is that with the exception of Hanson, Rowe, Dalton and kind of Martinez, Delirious never really did anything with any of the others, so they left either when their deals came up or, in the case of Kincaid, he decided to commit to someone else who he thought would be better able to showcase his talents. And even with Dalton, Delirious really didn't do much with him until this year. The only actual stories I remember him being involved in from the time he debuted in early 2015 all the way until they started really pushing him as a world title contender in the middle of this year were the Silas feud and the Cabana feud, which is really only about nine months out of this first thirty where anything was being done with him. Even with the six-man tag titles he and the Boys didn't really do anything. It seemed like there were going to do something with Jay Briscoe or Bully Ray but nothing for ever came of that for Dalton or the Boys. Hell... neither Dalton nor the Boys have been in a ring with Bully, Mark, or Jay since screwing them out of the six-man tag belts at BITW.
Big Red Machine

The amount of unnecessary money both ROH and TNA have spent on totally useless belt redesigns over the past few years is staggering.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Really made no sense to replace the trios belts. They were just introduced a year ago.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

All because of a lawsuit. Nothing they could really do.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

I'm in
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i guess is because of the lawsuit....cool belts i like the new tv design.