ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by famicommander »

Man I hope it's ROH... I'd love a short American Wolves reunion.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:18 pm eddie edwards lost ghc tittle..

wwe or roh bound?
Wherever he wants really. I don't a feel for the situation just yet. But he has endless friends in WWE and NXT. A lot of people there want to do right by Eddie and will likely force his hand in the decision.

Going directly back to ROH seems like a career retread. He's already a Grandslam Champion. Also, he could flop in NXT and ROH would still take him.

Obviously, Eddie has his limitations charisma wise and NXT is overstuffed with talent don't get it confused. But still, I think Eddie will do more than fine in NXT.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I'd love to see Eddie back in ROH. He'd be perfect as a gatekeeper to the ROH World Title, kinda like Jay Lethal is now.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 pm The LA dojo opens in early 2018. Those on learning excursion and others will be on another Coast rather than staying with Sumie Sakai. That changes the dynamic a bit. ROH is a partner with New Japan so they will most likely do right by them but they still will be a flight now for most ROH dates.

Obviously, it has a benefit cost wise for those flying to and from Japan. But while California has PWG and Bar Wrestling elsewhere it has largely a pretty shitty/unimpressive reputation for respectable indie companies. Whether those on learning excursion get the experience the need will be an interesting question. The LA dojo seems like they will run their own shows so that may make up in the shortfall moving East to West Coast.
Maybe this will incentivize ROH to try running on the west coast a bit more. LA, Bay Area, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, maybe a return to Phoenix?
Big Red Machine

King of Indy Style wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:07 am I'd love to see Eddie back in ROH. He'd be perfect as a gatekeeper to the ROH World Title, kinda like Jay Lethal is now.
This. Also, I'd love to see 2017 Jay Lethal vs. 2017 Eddie Edwards. Or Eddie vs. Omega. Or Eddie vs. Scurll. Or Eddie vs. Kenny King. Or Eddie vs. Alex Shelley. Or Eddie vs. Jay Briscoe. Or Eddie vs. Gresham. Or Eddie vs. Ospreay if ROH still books him. Or even Eddie vs. Taven. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie kick Vinny Marseglia or Cody Rhodes really hard during matches.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd love to see Eddie Edwards back in ROH.
Last edited by Big Red Machine on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

rovert1 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:38 am
monster mafia wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:18 pm eddie edwards lost ghc tittle..

wwe or roh bound?
Wherever he wants really. I don't a feel for the situation just yet. But he has endless friends in WWE and NXT. A lot of people there want to do right by Eddie and will likely force his hand in the decision.

Going directly back to ROH seems like a career retread. He's already a Grandslam Champion. Also, he could flop in NXT and ROH would still take him.

Obviously, Eddie has his limitations charisma wise and NXT is overstuffed with talent don't get it confused. But still, I think Eddie will do more than fine in NXT.
Eddie is a Triple Crown Champion, not a Grand Slam Champion. He has never won the Pure title or the Six Man titles.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:52 am
King of Indy Style wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:07 am I'd love to see Eddie back in ROH. He'd be perfect as a gatekeeper to the ROH World Title, kinda like Jay Lethal is now.
This. Also, I'd love to see 2017 Jay Lethal vs. 2017 Eddie Edwards. Or Eddie vs. Omega. Or Eddie vs. Scurll. Or Eddie vs. Kenny King. Or Eddie vs. Alex Shelley. Or Eddie vs. Jay Briscoe. Or Eddie vs. Gresham. Or Eddie vs. Ospreay if ROH still books him. Or even Eddie vs. Taven. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie kick Vinny Marseglia or Cody Rhodes really hard during matches.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd love to see Eddie Edwards back in ROH.
Yeah, I definitely agree with this. He has been gone long enough to have a ton of fresh match ups. Wouldn't hurt to see him against the NJPW guys too.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

If Eddie Edwards is to leave Impact I'd love to see him in ROH again. I do think rovert makes a good point. Why not try NXT first and see how it goes. ROH will be there in case it doesn't work out.
Montana

Post by Montana »

So i'm tracking...

ROH has lost:
War Machine, Jay White, Will Ospeay, and Bully Ray. (None of which worked full schedules in 2017)

ROH Resigned : The Boys, Vinny & TK.
Potential NJPW talent excursion: KItamura and maybe OKa.

Top Free Agents:
Neville - Unknown when WWE contract will expire
Austin Aries - Wrestling on Indies / Defiant Wrestling
Eddie Edwards - Seems to be WWE or NXT bound.
Davey Richards - Signed for a match with Evolve, but out with an injury.

Don't think Chuck Taylor is locked up either.

Sound Right? I guess with LU, Impact, & Evolve in unstable company positions, more talent may want to jump when their contract expires too.
Big Red Machine

Montana wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 am So i'm tracking...

ROH has lost:
War Machine, Jay White, Will Ospeay, and Bully Ray. (None of which worked full schedules in 2017)

Top Free Agents:

Sound Right? I guess with LU, Impact, & Evolve in unstable company positions, more talent may want to jump when their contract expires too.
I'd throw Ethan Page in as a top free agent, although I know some people don't like him much. David Starr, too, unless he has some deal I'm unaware of. There are a couple of guys on the European scene who could be considered major talent acquisitions, but they'd have to be willing to move to the US before I think it really makes any sense for ROH to use them.
I'd also argue that Jay White worked a pretty full schedule for ROH in 2017.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

There's some level of degree of interest in Emma/Tenille too.

2018 might really be a huge year for ROH with the Tribune purchase and maybe ROH getting on WGN.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:03 pm

ROH has lost:

Top Free Agents:

I'd throw Ethan Page in as a top free agent, although I know some people don't like him much. David Starr, too, unless he has some deal I'm unaware of. There are a couple of guys on the European scene who could be considered major talent acquisitions, but they'd have to be willing to move to the US before I think it really makes any sense for ROH to use them.
That's true. Jay White worked a lot of dates in 17. Page and Starr would be big pickups, just think those other guys would cost more, so they'd be smart to be patient and not rush to sign a bunch of guys.

Is Page done with Evolve? Or was that just storyline?
Big Red Machine

rovert1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:49 am There's some level of degree of interest in Emma/Tenille too.
She would be a great person to bring in for the WOH Title Tournament.
Big Red Machine

Montana wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:24 am

ROH has lost:

Top Free Agents:

That's true. Jay White worked a lot of dates in 17. Page and Starr would be big pickups, just think those other guys would cost more, so they'd be smart to be patient and not rush to sign a bunch of guys.

He's done with them. They parted ways on friendly terms so it's not like he couldn't go back there the moment he and Gabe decide it's right, but he is currently not working for WWN with no real storyline explanation (which was a big missed opportunity on Gabe's part, considering that he was in a position where him getting kayfabe fired would seem to make perfect sense).
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:24 am

ROH has lost:

Top Free Agents:

Starr said ROH offered him a contract but he didn't want to be limited to working for on1y company at this stage in his career. I'm sure the door is open to use him when he is available but without being under contract he won't be doing anything important.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
While not announced yet, Kota Ibushi will be on the New Orleans show along with Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kenny Omega
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

FUCK YES!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I think they'll go with Cody vs Omega for eiither SCOH or Strong Style Evolved.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I wouldn't mind seeing Cody vs Omega live at Supercard.
Big Red Machine

It's also not impossible that Cody vs. Omega headlines the Cody & Bucks 10,000 seat show.