Official 'Final Battle 2017 Aftermath' TV Tapings Thread (12.16.17)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Zhuge1

Re: Official 'Final Battle 2017 Aftermath' TV Tapings Thread (12.16.17)

Post by Zhuge1 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm
TYFDK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm Milonas w/ Bruiser and Silas isn't a bad call. He's not lighting the world on fire, but for a big man he's pretty inoffensive. Plus, looks like we might have our trio team that the latter two have been talking about.
"Inoffensive" should not be nearly enough to get you booked in ROH, and as for Silas and the Bruiser finally getting a third guy... it's been over a year since they first started looking for a third guy, and every prospect they've had, Milonas included, has been a bottom of the barrel scrub, or Minoru Suzuki, who no one thought they had a snowball's chance of winning with. A this point I wouldn't give a sh*t about that story if it was an established ROH midcarder. Give me a loser like Milonas and it actively offends me.
And why the hell would Delirious suddenly pick now to finally give them a third guy when they need it less than they've ever needed it before because Silas just won the TV Title?
I think it's the same reason that they paired Scorpio Sky with the Addiction. They are trying to create some more factions within the organization. Right now, all you have is the Kingdom and the Bullet Club since Search and Destroy is mostly defunct and the Rebellion disbanded. Not suggesting it's logical -- just that it's likely the thought process.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

That's not a bad idea.

And I'm personally fine with Milonas. Maybe, even with the TV title reign ongoing, they'll have him and BCB be a tag team.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:00 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm
TYFDK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm Milonas w/ Bruiser and Silas isn't a bad call. He's not lighting the world on fire, but for a big man he's pretty inoffensive. Plus, looks like we might have our trio team that the latter two have been talking about.
"Inoffensive" should not be nearly enough to get you booked in ROH, and as for Silas and the Bruiser finally getting a third guy... it's been over a year since they first started looking for a third guy, and every prospect they've had, Milonas included, has been a bottom of the barrel scrub, or Minoru Suzuki, who no one thought they had a snowball's chance of winning with. A this point I wouldn't give a sh*t about that story if it was an established ROH midcarder. Give me a loser like Milonas and it actively offends me.
And why the hell would Delirious suddenly pick now to finally give them a third guy when they need it less than they've ever needed it before because Silas just won the TV Title?
I think it's the same reason that they paired Scorpio Sky with the Addiction. They are trying to create some more factions within the organization. Right now, all you have is the Kingdom and the Bullet Club since Search and Destroy is mostly defunct and the Rebellion disbanded. Not suggesting it's logical -- just that it's likely the thought process.
I get the process, I just find the whole thing to be a mistake. These six-man tag titles are so pointless, and they're forcing them to expand the roster than contract it, which is what they should be doing considering that they only have one hour of TV a week.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Some live perspective and more details http://rohworld.com/live-perspective-12 ... -spoilers/
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thank you Chris! Now that's what I call a taping. A lot of cool things. We have Martinez, Taven, Lethal and even Cody as possible challengers for Dalton's title. I think they'll make Martinez-Dalton and a program between Taven/Kingdom and Cody/BC, I really like the idea. Maybe Martinez in a B-Show or Manhattan Mayhem and then Lethal on the Anniversary.

They are creating more stables too. The Sky/Addiction trio looks interesting, IMO. I'm not a big fan of Milonas, but they needed someone to put Bruiser with since Silas is now the TV champ. The tag scene looks great with that Coast 2 Coast victory, finally they are going to push them, and, specially, The Briscoes going for the titles. MCMG-Briscoes IV need to happend and it could be the perfect way to end Machine Gun's reing on the 16 Anniversary PPV.

I really like that now, most of the matches, have a purpose and everybody have a direction. You can like it more or less, but they are working hard in order to make a story behind each match now, Besides that, we also have three killer matches in Scurll-Flip, Lethal-Ospreay and the Three Way Tag. Really looking foward to these episodes.

Bully has finally retired so now he can sign another contract with the WWE for the HOF and all of that. The only thing I didn't like about this is that Bully had a good farewell segment with the babyfaces surronding the ring (maybe it isn't aired on TV, but at least they did it) and neither Roddy or Cole had it.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Eeeeeee, Daniels, Kazarian, and Sky are going by So-Cal Uncensored! Eat your heart out, Undisputed Era!

And, oh boy, Joe Koff is back on the stick for another set of tapings. He's tasted the poisonous nectar of being a character-promoter, there's no turning back!

Taping seems alright otherwise. Looking forward to watching Ospreay vs. Lethal (in the former's potential last match) and the build to Lethal/Castle.
RiceRocket

Post by RiceRocket »

Wilson wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm Eeeeeee, Daniels, Kazarian, and Sky are going by So-Cal Uncensored! Eat your heart out, Undisputed Era!.
Whoa wait? Like socaluncensored.com? That's pretty awesome but I wonder if the name was OK'd by the website.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so bullet club are now "officially baby faces"...interesting.

a lot of challengers for dalton...i hope they push gresham next year.

tapings looks nice...thanks for that extended report.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

cgstong wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:23 pm Some live perspective and more details http://rohworld.com/live-perspective-12 ... -spoilers/
Thank you so much. This was a far better representation of what happened. If needed, I can start taking notes when I got to tv tapings.

The C2C/War Machine match was really good. I think people will really like it and do the job of making C2C more than just a team to get beat on tv.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

RiceRocket wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm
Wilson wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm Eeeeeee, Daniels, Kazarian, and Sky are going by So-Cal Uncensored! Eat your heart out, Undisputed Era!.
Whoa wait? Like http://socaluncensored.com/? That's pretty awesome but I wonder if the name was OK'd by the website.
God, I had no idea that thing was still active, much less at the daily activity it is now. Probably haven't used the site since looking up the history between the Youngs Bucks and the Cutlers Brothers.

Anyway, this is clearly a course-correction from Daniels, Kazarian, and Sabin punking out from adopting the name TNA Mecca.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:00 am
RiceRocket wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm
Whoa wait? Like http://socaluncensored.com/? That's pretty awesome but I wonder if the name was OK'd by the website.
God, I had no idea that thing was still active, much less at the daily activity it is now. Probably haven't used the site since looking up the history between the Youngs Bucks and the Cutlers Brothers.

Anyway, this is clearly a course-correction from Daniels, Kazarian, and Sabin punking out from adopting the name TNA Mecca.
So it's not nude pictures of SoCal Val?
RiceRocket

Post by RiceRocket »

I'm just glad Scorpio Sky is getting something of a push. I've always thought he was solid.
Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:24 am So it's not nude pictures of SoCal Val?
I'm sure they want to attract traffic not scare people off.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I don't mind Koff being a face on TV, i'd much rather have a face of TV than commentators just mentioned "the office", "the comity" or whatever it was called. As long as he isn't on every episode and really just up against the heels then it works.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 am I don't mind Koff being a face on TV, i'd much rather have a face of TV than commentators just mentioned "the office", "the comity" or whatever it was called. As long as he isn't on every episode and really just up against the heels then it works.
Joe Koff on my TV will always be darkest-timeline material to me. If you want a figure familiar to the audience with actual experience doing live promos, BJ Whitmer is right there.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:08 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 am I don't mind Koff being a face on TV, i'd much rather have a face of TV than commentators just mentioned "the office", "the comity" or whatever it was called. As long as he isn't on every episode and really just up against the heels then it works.
Joe Koff on my TV will always be darkest-timeline material to me. If you want a figure familiar to the audience with actual experience doing live promos, BJ Whitmer is right there.
Yeah I get where your coming from but with Koff there is a very obvious authority official capacity to his persona, while BJ is more talent 'in the back'. If they did more with BJ in creating a more official role for him with the audience and on TV your idea will work.

He certainly isn't someone I want to see on TV, in fact whenever I see his limp hands I cringe but I get his role and honestly I'd rather see Koff than Joey Dadiego.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:52 am He certainly isn't someone I want to see on TV, in fact whenever I see his limp hands I cringe but I get his role and honestly I'd rather see Koff than Joey Dadiego.
Not a huge fan of Koff as an on-screen talent. I'd rather BJ (or even an unmasked Delirious) be in that sort of role. Koff doesn't have much of a commanding presence at all.

As for Daddiego, I still think they should have let him continue teaming with Cheeseburger -- it would have made for a decent dark match/early card duo, and would have made far more sense in the Cheeseburger/Dawgs feud that culminated in the "surprise" partner of Delirious.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

I've knocked Koff a lot but if you like this ROH I suggest you turn a blind eye to him being on screen. The happier or more engaged he is with ROH the less likely he is to retire/step down.

When Koff departs from it will create a power vacuum/era of uncertainty. There isn't much faith in the person who is being groomed to replace him Greg Gilleland.