Official 'Sunshine State Excellence' TV Tapings Thread (11.12.17)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
TYFDK

Official 'Sunshine State Excellence' TV Tapings Thread (11.12.17)

Post by TYFDK »

Second to last TV tapings of the year, and where we find out if Kenny Omega will be on the Final Battle 2017 card or not.

MAIN EVENT
The Elite (The Young Bucks & Kenny Omega) vs. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Beretta) & Rocky Romero

Matt Taven vs. Jay Lethal

Hangman Page vs. Flip Gordon

Also Appearing:

- Cody
- Kenny King
- Motor City Machine Guns
- The Addiction
- Coast 2 Coast
- Dalton Castle
- Jay Briscoe
- Bully Ray
- TK O'Ryan & Vinny Marseglia
- Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser
- Jonathan Gresham
- Punishment Martinez
- Josh Woods
- Shane Taylor
- The Dawgs
- Cheeseburger
- Mandy Leon
- Brandi Rhodes
- Rain

MEET & GREET DETAILS
http://rohwrestling.com/news/meet-and-g ... excellence

HELP IAN RICCABONI & COLT CABANA RAISE MONEY FOR HURRICANE RELIEF
https://prowrestling.net/site/2017/11/0 ... erto-rico/
AlexROH

Re: Official 'Sunshine State Excellence' TV Tapings Thread (11.12.17)

Post by AlexROH »

Results vía PWInsider:

ere are the results of what happened (this is the order of the tapings so there might be some things that do not occur in this order on television).

Match Number One: Troy Hollywood defeated Hunter Law in a Future of Honor match

Match Number Two: IWGP Light Heavyweight Champion Marty Scurll defeated Beer City Bruiser after Scurll hit Bruiser with his umbrella. During the match, Jay Lethal came out to the stage to watch. The referee was knocked out briefly when Bruiser accidentally splashed him when Scurll moved.

Match Number Three: Flip Gordon defeated Ring of Honor Six Man Tag Team Champion Adam Page with a springboard cutter.

Match Number Four: Mandy Leon defeated Stella Grey in a Women of Honor Match when Leon forced Grey to tap out.

Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian come out and call out Hanson, since Raymond Rowe is still suspended. Hanson comes out to confront them and he is attacked by Kazarian and Daniels. Daniels pulls out clippers and removes part of Hanson’s beard.

Match Number Five: Ring of Honor Television Champion Kenny King defeated Caprice Coleman (with Shane Taylor) to retain the Ring of Honor Television Title with the Royal Flush.

After the match, Punishment Martinez comes out and attacks King. Taylor also attacks King. Silas Young, who was on commentary during the match, also attacks King.

Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe come out and they call out Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer. They talk about what they have done to Bully and the Team 3D Academy. They want Bully and Dreamer to answer their challenge. They tell Bully and Dreamer that they aren’t cowards, they are bitches.

Tommy Dreamer and Bully Ray come to the ring and security holds them back from getting in the ring. Joe Koff is also at ringside and the Briscoes talk about how Dreamer and Bully are being told what to do by a little man.

Joe Koff comes into the ring and he tells Jay and Mark that they have let down all of the fans who have supported them over the years. He also tells Mark and Jay that he is the one who makes the matches. The Briscoes will face Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer at Final Battle.

Match Number Six: Matt Taven (with Vinnie Marseglia and TK O’Ryan) defeated Jay Lethal with a rollup. There was some interference by Marseglia and O’Ryan during the match and Marty Scurll came to ringside and offered his umbrella for Lethal to use. Lethal refused and threw the umbrella at Scurll. That is when Taven got the victory.

After the match, Taven cuts a promo about how they should still be the Ring of Honor Six Man Tag Team Champions. He also announces that he will be facing Will Ospreay at Final Battle.

Match Number Seven (Announced for Christmas weekend): Dalton Castle, Silas Young, Hanson, Jonathan Gresham, and Marty Scurll defeated Cody, Scorpio Sky, Josh Woods, Chris Sabin, and Punishment Martinez when Castle pinned Sky with Bang-O-Rang.

This match was announced as being captained by Cody and Dalton Castle with the members of the team picked at random. Cody came out with a present and he said he would give it to the loudest fan in the building, but then he stomped on it and said no one would get it. Scurll was the final person announced for the match. Castle wore a Christmas sweater with his face on it and during the match threw it at Cody. Cody put it on and then while on the apron, he was blowing kisses back and forth with Scurll. There were a lot of dives to the floor during this match.

There was a brief intermission.

Match Number Eight: Sumie Sakai defeated Rain with a swinging neck breaker.

Match Number Nine: Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian defeated Shaheem Ali and Leon St. Giovanni with the Best Meltzer Ever on St. Giovanni.

After the match, Coast 2 Coast had a segment in the ring where they talked about their shortcomings in the ring and vowed to win their next match or they would break up as a team.

Match Number Ten: Shane Taylor defeated Eli Isom by referee stoppage after a punch to the head.

Match Number Eleven: Rhett Titus and Will Ferrara defeated Simon Grimm and Flip Gordon when Titus pinned Grimm after Ferrara hit Grimm with a box. Ferrara was dressed in a reindeer costume and Titus would not let him take it off during the match.

They put a table in the ring for the contract signing for the Ring of Honor World Title Match at Final Battle between Cody and Dalton Castle. Cody was joined by Brandi Rhodes, and both were wearing fur coats. Cody also had people bringing food and drinks for him during the contract signing. They both cut promos and then Cody tries to attack Castle, but Dalton avoids him and then Castle give Cody a spinebuster through the table.

Match Number Twelve: Ring of Honor Six Man Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega defeated Rocky Romero, Chuck Taylor, and Trent Baretta to retain the Ring of Honor Six Man Tag Titles with the One Winged Meltzer. Before the match, Omega and the Bucks made this a title match.

After the match, Nick Jackson got on the mic and put over the match and the performance of Baretta, Taylor, and Romero. He talked about how they had one of his favorite matches the last time Ring of Honor was in Lakeland. They bring out the rest of the Bullet Club and talk about FTRR and then mention Kenny Omega’s match at Wrestle Kingdom against Chris Jericho.

Omega takes the mic and talks about how many people he has met at the recent meet and greets and how he wants people to support Ring of Honor, New Japan, and any wrestling company.

Show Thoughts:

The best match of the tapings was the Six Man Tag Title Match that went more than 20 minutes.

It seemed like around three quarters of the crowd was wearing Bullet Club shirts.

The lines for the Bullet Club members went about halfway around the inside of the room.

The room used for the tapings was different than the two previous Ring of Honor shows that I attended (one was a television taping and the other was a house show).

It looked like the show was sold out and if it was not sold out, it was very close to being sold out.

Other matches that stood out were the Beer City Bruiser versus Marty Scurll and the Ten Man Tag Match.
Ian Riccaboni and Colt Cabana were the primary announcers with Brandi Rhodes joining in for the Women of Honor matches.

No return date was announced.

During the Gordon/Page match, there was a ‘Better than Full Sail’ chant.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

So we have for FB

Cody (c) vs Dalton
MCMG (c) vs Best Friends
Hung Bucks (c) vs ???
King (c) vs Silas vs Taylor vs Martinez
Lethal vs Scurll
War Machine vs The Addiction
Briscoes vs Dreamer & Bully
Taven vs Ospreay

Pretty good card. Maybe we see Flip Army for the trios Title?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Wait, Flip's Army has Flip and Scorpio Sky, who else?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:52 am Wait, Flip's Army has Flip and Scorpio Sky, who else?
Maybe bring in someone from CMLL saying they met when he was in Mexico?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Wasting Ospreay on a freakin' bum like Taven? WHY?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

King of Indy Style wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 am Wasting Ospreay on a freakin' bum like Taven? WHY?
Maybe to give Ospreay a bump with a win at the biggest show of the year to give him a push into the new year.

Was hoping for Ospreay vs. Flip but they may be saving that for Supercard.
King of Indy Style

TYFDK wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:48 am
King of Indy Style wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 am Wasting Ospreay on a freakin' bum like Taven? WHY?
Maybe to give Ospreay a bump with a win at the biggest show of the year to give him a push into the new year.

If they wanted to do that they could do it with someone that doesn't suck and that Ospreay could actually have a fun match against. I didn't see Jonathon Gresham on the card.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

King of Indy Style wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 am

If they wanted to do that they could do it with someone that doesn't suck and that Ospreay could actually have a fun match against. I didn't see Jonathon Gresham on the card.
I agree, but let me play devil's advocate...

Would you rather Taven get jobbed out, or Gresham?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i dont dislike taven but that match...for final battle...meh

you can put ospreay vs ibushi or ospreay vs gresham...

i'm disappointed

so what are gonna do the other kingdom members...?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they wrestled at global wars chicago.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they need a big profile match besides the current stars...some stuff like jericho vs omega ...why no put ibushi or some great star against ospreay...damn.

why not omega vs ospreay???????????

why not aries on this card?

njpw doing a tour in that date?

FUCK.
Last edited by monster mafia on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Indy Style

TYFDK wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 am
King of Indy Style wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 am

I agree, but let me play devil's advocate...

Would you rather Taven get jobbed out, or Gresham?

Damn. Whenyou put it like that.......haha
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I'm sure they wanted to build some type of thing during Philly's tapings but since Ospreay had to go back to the UK, they couldn't. It's not the best match in the world, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Taven is a good heel midcard who can ocassionally go to the upper card for a random title shot. Ospreay vs Gresham would haven been a better match, but we all know Taven is a "big" part of the roster and ROH wasn't going to left him out of the card.

My biggest question now is, what are O'Ryan, Marseglia and Gresham going to do at FB? Nothing?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 am I'm sure they wanted to build some type of thing during Philly's tapings but since Ospreay had to go back to the UK, they couldn't. It's not the best match in the world, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Taven is a good heel midcard who can ocassionally go to the upper card for a random title shot. Ospreay vs Gresham would haven been a better match, but we all know Taven is a "big" part of the roster and ROH wasn't going to left him out of the card.

My biggest question now is, what are O'Ryan, Marseglia and Gresham going to do at FB? Nothing?
Maybe Kingdom vs. Gresham/Gordon

The Hung Bucks also currently don't have a match scheduled.
JasonV

Post by JasonV »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 am The Hung Bucks also currently don't have a match scheduled.
I was hoping for The Elite defending the six man titles, but it doesn't seem there was any indication regarding Omega at FB either way.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 am
AlexROH wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 am I'm sure they wanted to build some type of thing during Philly's tapings but since Ospreay had to go back to the UK, they couldn't. It's not the best match in the world, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Taven is a good heel midcard who can ocassionally go to the upper card for a random title shot. Ospreay vs Gresham would haven been a better match, but we all know Taven is a "big" part of the roster and ROH wasn't going to left him out of the card.

I see a Hung Bucks vs Flip and friends (insert two random babyfaces). Plus, the other question I have is, after all this good feud and all the hate between them, will the Briscoes vs Dreamer/Bully be just a regular match? I hope Bully makes it a Street Fight before the match bc this match NEEDS to be hardcore.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:07 am

I see a Hung Bucks vs Flip and friends (insert two random babyfaces). Plus, the other question I have is, after all this good feud and all the hate between them, will the Briscoes vs Dreamer/Bully be just a regular match? I hope Bully makes it a Street Fight before the match bc this match NEEDS to be hardcore.
Mr Jacob Cohen (a great follow on Twitter for Florida shows of all kinds) was there and wrote this:
Scoop #16: Joe Koff says The Briscoes don't make matches here, he does, at Final Battle it's The Briscoes vs Ray & Dreamer in a Hardcore match
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 am
AlexROH wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:07 am

Mr Jacob Cohen (a great follow on Twitter for Florida shows of all kinds) was there and wrote this:
Scoop #16: Joe Koff says The Briscoes don't make matches here, he does, at Final Battle it's The Briscoes vs Ray & Dreamer in a Hardcore match
Yeah, Jacob is the best person for Scoops during shows. This time, I thought PWInsider would be a better source. Great to see that the match is already a Hardcore one.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Maybe it's just me adding two and two and getting five, but Coast 2 Coast as Flip's partners would make sense. A jobber team as two thirds of your trio champs isn't a great look. But kayfabe wise, we know the BC will defend the belts against any trio. If Flip challenges them and recruits Coast 2 Coast because no other two partners would be as determined to win, I'd buy that. And booking wise, you can potentially add some midcarder depth to your sort of stale (outside Best Friends) tag team division by giving an undercard team a shot to steal the show against the Young Bucks. Coast 2 Coast being champs would be kind of silly, but no more so than The Boys, and I think it would be a fun match, so I'm kind of rooting for this booking now that I thought of it.