Official Survival Of The Fittest 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Official Survival Of The Fittest 2017 Thread

Post by AlexROH »

TYFDK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:10 am Image

Makes me think Cody and Daniels will be having a stipulation match of sorts.
I really like the first round marches. They are fresh and without top stars or BC members. Lethal is the only MEventer so we'll have a young challenger for 2018.

And yeah, I'm sure they'll end Daniels vs Cody rivalry with a special match, just like they did last year with Colt and Lethal at the Reloaded Tour in Duluth (Ringmasters Challenge).
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

That reminds me, we didn't have a GBH this year, did we? That sucks, should have just made the TX triple shot a Glory By Honor weekend and skipped SotF or done it this weekend.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 am
TYFDK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:10 am Image

Makes me think Cody and Daniels will be having a stipulation match of sorts.
I really like the first round marches. They are fresh and without top stars or BC members. Lethal is the only MEventer so we'll have a young challenger for 2018.

And yeah, I'm sure they'll end Daniels vs Cody rivalry with a special match, just like they did last year with Colt and Lethal at the Reloaded Tour in Duluth (Ringmasters Challenge).
Has ROH ever done a classic Texas Death Match? That seems like it would fit nicely, besides being in Texas and all.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Vinnie Lasagna (where are you Brada?) has got to drop the ax as an intimidation prop. It's fucking dumb. I hate it. It's defies any and all believability. He's a shitty wrestler with an equally shitty gimmick.

Jonathan Gresham has a tall task in front of him in making this guy, who is 100% useless in the ring, look good. If Gresham pulls this off he should be nominated for sainthood.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thats too much.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:43 pm thats too much.
Yeah okay, guy. When did you become the head of the Morality Police of the forum?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:51 pm Vinnie Lasagna (where are you Brada?) has got to drop the ax as an intimidation prop. It's fucking dumb. I hate it. It's defies any and all believability. He's a shitty wrestler with an equally shitty gimmick.

Jonathan Gresham has a tall task in front of him in making this guy, who is 100% useless in the ring, look good. If Gresham pulls this off he should be nominated for sainthood.
I . . . actually was more or less going to make a post that resembled Mojo's above. I'm really disappointed in what the Kingdom's ultimately become and how little Marseglia brings to the table. The group has no presence, no cohesion, and no interesting direction (months after O'Ryan's return). I was hoping this would be the platform to give Taven a near main event role, but I think it's time to just do away with the stable now.

Gresham looks like he's in that spot because he's the guy who can best buoy a Marseglia singles match.

Unrelated, that Young Bucks vs. Castle/Lethal match looks very enticing. Should be a really interesting weekend. One year, ROH will eventually figure out how to use the tournament most effectively. For example, do the tournament after each DBD to set up the main event of Final Battle or continue doing it in November to build for a firm date at SCOH. The Royal Rumble and the G1 prove that this is an extremely effective tactic.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 pm
Yeah okay, guy. When did you become the head of the Morality Police of the forum?
relax man,take a nap.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:55 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 pm
relax man,take a nap.
Uh, what? I have had no problem with you. I suggest you mind your attitude, Malfoy.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Malfoy....what a insult!...anyway

sotf looks good with fresh matches and a lot of action.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:25 pm Malfoy....what a insult!...anyway

It was meant tongue in cheek, dude.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:27 pm
monster mafia wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:25 pm Malfoy....what a insult!...anyway

It was meant tongue in cheek, dude.
not a problem man..i was joking about the " hate" on the horror king...for me he is not very good,not so bad...just a dude.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

No All Star Extravaganza this either. That light summer really fucked everything up.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

WebConn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 am No All Star Extravaganza this either. That light summer really fucked everything up.
I think they could alternate between DBD and ASE every year since both are in late summer/early fall time. I think no ASE rhis year had more to do with GW happening. Could combine GW/ASE I suppose from here on out. Have the PPV be Global Wars: All Star Extravaganza do the old Champions vs. All Stars Match there plus have some "all stars" of NJPW.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:45 am
WebConn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 am No All Star Extravaganza this either. That light summer really fucked everything up.
I think they could alternate between DBD and ASE every year since both are in late summer/early fall time. I think no ASE rhis year had more to do with GW happening. Could combine GW/ASE I suppose from here on out. Have the PPV be Global Wars: All Star Extravaganza do the old Champions vs. All Stars Match there plus have some "all stars" of NJPW.
I think they could have pushed it to July or August, there was only two shows in July and August and I get it a lot of their top guys were in the G1 Climax but They could have ran smaller venues in the east coast or went to the southwest with CMLL Talents.

No Field of Honor was dumb, so they couldn't get Brooklyn go to El Paso with CMLL wrestlers and put Chavo on the card.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

It would actually be a really good idea to do Champions versus All Stars during a NJPW tour considering how weak the undercard usually is for that show.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:00 pm It would actually be a really good idea to do Champions versus All Stars during a NJPW tour considering how weak the undercard usually is for that show.
Speaking of Champions vs. All Stars, do you think we'll see another while the six-man belts are in play?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Leave the six man belts out of C vs AS match.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Heck it wouldn't even have to be exclusively ROH Champions vs. ROH All Stars. Coukd do like the ROH World & TV Champions and the IWGP HW & IC vs. Four "All Stars" of ROH
Say they did one this year like that Cody, Okada, Tanahashi, King vs. Dalton, Lethal, Daniels, Scurll would he an interesting match to see how Bullet Club's Cody could co-exist with CHAOS' Okada or seeing Tana & Okada team together. See how BC members Cody & Scurll react to being opposite one another and if Daniels could just put aside being a prick for one night.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

For the TV Title (Night 3):

ROH hasn't confirmed more matches, but PWInsider said that on night 3 it will be:

- Finals
- TV Title
- Scurll vs Daniels
- Castle vs Kazarian
- Rayne vs Purrazzo