Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Zhuge1

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Zhuge1 »

Random question -- Is Joey Daddiego still with ROH at this point?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:57 pm Image
My 9 year old son, who loves The Young Bucks, is completely offended by the WWE's actions. His answer? #BringBackTooSweet!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Kenny Omega is not listed on any of the Power Struggle cards. That tour starts the day before a ROH tv taping. Coincidence or are we getting more Kenny in ROH?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm Kenny Omega is not listed on any of the Power Struggle cards. That tour starts the day before a ROH tv taping. Coincidence or are we getting more Kenny in ROH?
Kenny is listed on the Road to Power Struggle cards from October 29th onwards, teaming with Marty and Chase.

Power Struggle itself isn't a finalized card.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

SandsShifter wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 am
kovs27 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm Kenny Omega is not listed on any of the Power Struggle cards. That tour starts the day before a ROH tv taping. Coincidence or are we getting more Kenny in ROH?
Kenny is listed on the Road to Power Struggle cards from October 29th onwards, teaming with Marty and Chase.

My line of thinking is more of with the Philly tv taping being on the 20th and The Road to Power Struggle starts on the 21st. It would leave an opening in Omegas schedule where he could work the tv taping, be visible on ROH tv for the next month and possibly build to something later in the year, possibly Final Battle. I haven't checked the NJPW schedule past the start of November.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 am
SandsShifter wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 am

My line of thinking is more of with the Philly tv taping being on the 20th and The Road to Power Struggle starts on the 21st. It would leave an opening in Omegas schedule where he could work the tv taping, be visible on ROH tv for the next month and possibly build to something later in the year, possibly Final Battle. I haven't checked the NJPW schedule past the start of November.
That makes more sense.

Also, Kenny's already working the ROH shows in FL in November, but not the TX/OK loop the next week because of World Tag League starting the same time. WTL ends on the 11th of December, so it's possible for Kenny to work Final Battle on the 14th.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Just watched wXw World Tag Team League Night 1 on Highspots... holy shit! We need more Briscoes matches outside ROH, they stil are one of the best teams on the planet:

- The Briscoes vs Ringkampf (Thatcher & WALTER) ****1/2 One of the best tag team matches I've seen this year.

Btw, Low Ki got injured against Ringkampf on Night 2 so the Rotteweilers vs Briscoes match for Night 3 was cancelled :(
teddybrewski

Post by teddybrewski »

Zhuge1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:33 pm Random question -- Is Joey Daddiego still with ROH at this point?
I pray to God not.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Joe Koff av club interview

AVC: You have a vast back catalog of wrestling footage. Can we expect a Ring Of Honor streaming service anytime soon?

JK: It’s in development right now. I would expect it to be around the first of the year or a little bit after.

link: https://www.avclub.com/ring-of-honors-j ... 1819450908
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Hopefully that's when the new website goes live, too.

Main wishlist:
-As much of the early stuff as they can give us on demand
-flat monthly fee that lets me watch every PPV, iPPV/VOD show, and TV episode. Preferably live on all but TV
-higher bitrate videos. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like paying to watch low bitrate, 480p video on my 4K TV/monitor.
-consistently up to date roster, championship, and TV listing pages. They need to actually list every Charge affiliate instead of just posting a link to Charge's site, for example. And there are new Sinclair local affiliates not listed.
-dedicated sections for Women of Honor, Throwback Thursday, and Future of Honor
-dedicated section for partner promotions. Actually advertise the CMLL and NJPW connections especially, but also Stardom and PWG.
-more history, like an alumni page and more detailed title histories
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 pm Joe Koff av club interview

AVC: You have a vast back catalog of wrestling footage. Can we expect a Ring Of Honor streaming service anytime soon?

JK: It’s in development right now. I would expect it to be around the first of the year or a little bit after.

link: https://www.avclub.com/ring-of-honors-j ... 1819450908
OH, FUCK, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

J**koff back at it again :| :
AVC: How does New Japan’s entry into the U.S. market affect your business relationship with them? Do you see it as mutually beneficial?

JK: I love our relationship with New Japan as evidence by what we’re seeing in the center of our country this weekend. They’re a very viable, vibrant, robust promotion. They had a successful show in Long Beach and I was thrilled for it. We did a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff to help them. We have a very solid partnership, one that’s based on respect and integrity. Their philosophy and style of booking is very similar to ours. Together the two make for a stronger in-ring promotion. But they did two shows in U.S., and they have a nice clearance on AXS-TV. Not to take anything away from the quality and what they represent, but quite frankly, ROH has helped them in exposing their talent and exposing their people to a broader audience. We’re over-the-air carrier, you don’t need to pay to get us. If a New Japan star is working on Ring Of Honor television, they’re getting to see that for free. So I think the relationship is mutually beneficial.

You know, something I was thinking over last set of days is that I’m asked about WWE, I’m asked about New Japan. I get it. But I wonder if the press is asking in Japan whether Ring Of Honor is the reason why New Japan is so great. And I’m speculating in my mind, because The Bullet Club, The Young Bucks are American. Marty Scurll, English. Their success in New Japan is branded in a lot of non-Japanese wrestlers. So maybe on the other side of the world, maybe they’re asked the same question. Is it that New Japan is why Ring Of Honor is so good right now? Or is it Ring Of Honor because New Japan is so good right now? I don’t know that matters. What matters is we have a relationship that complements both promotions because everyone’s on the same page. That’s what everyone should be talking about: how to build a relationship, whether one is doing it for the other or not.
AVC: Professional wrestling in 2017 to me has a very specific look and feel. It has a rhythm, cadence, a set of innovative and explosive offensive set all its own. Where does ROH fit into this style?

JK: I think we are wrestling of 2017. When you see Ring Of Honor and that specific style, it’s more a brand more than a style.
https://www.avclub.com/ring-of-honors-j ... 1819450908

Not quoted are his involuted thoughts on the merits of ROH being an "indie" or not, which assumes half the interview.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

wut

Freebird Rules for the Six Man Titles?

So, like, is the whole Bullet Club now recognized as an ROH Six Man Champion? Or just the ones who defend the belts?

Leo Tonga and Chase Owens may have technically just won ROH gold.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 pm J**koff back at it again :| :
AVC: How does New Japan’s entry into the U.S. market affect your business relationship with them? Do you see it as mutually beneficial?

JK: I love our relationship with New Japan as evidence by what we’re seeing in the center of our country this weekend. They’re a very viable, vibrant, robust promotion. They had a successful show in Long Beach and I was thrilled for it. We did a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff to help them. We have a very solid partnership, one that’s based on respect and integrity. Their philosophy and style of booking is very similar to ours. Together the two make for a stronger in-ring promotion. But they did two shows in U.S., and they have a nice clearance on AXS-TV. Not to take anything away from the quality and what they represent, but quite frankly, ROH has helped them in exposing their talent and exposing their people to a broader audience. We’re over-the-air carrier, you don’t need to pay to get us. If a New Japan star is working on Ring Of Honor television, they’re getting to see that for free. So I think the relationship is mutually beneficial.

You know, something I was thinking over last set of days is that I’m asked about WWE, I’m asked about New Japan. I get it. But I wonder if the press is asking in Japan whether Ring Of Honor is the reason why New Japan is so great. And I’m speculating in my mind, because The Bullet Club, The Young Bucks are American. Marty Scurll, English. Their success in New Japan is branded in a lot of non-Japanese wrestlers. So maybe on the other side of the world, maybe they’re asked the same question. Is it that New Japan is why Ring Of Honor is so good right now? Or is it Ring Of Honor because New Japan is so good right now? I don’t know that matters. What matters is we have a relationship that complements both promotions because everyone’s on the same page. That’s what everyone should be talking about: how to build a relationship, whether one is doing it for the other or not.
AVC: Professional wrestling in 2017 to me has a very specific look and feel. It has a rhythm, cadence, a set of innovative and explosive offensive set all its own. Where does ROH fit into this style?

JK: I think we are wrestling of 2017. When you see Ring Of Honor and that specific style, it’s more a brand more than a style.
https://www.avclub.com/ring-of-honors-j ... 1819450908

Not quoted are his involuted thoughts on the merits of ROH being an "indie" or not, which assumes half the interview.
If you change "Joe Koff" to "Dixie Carter" and "ROH" to "TNA" no one would be able to tell that this wasn't a legitimate TNA interview from 2012. That's no a good thing.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Briscoes' promos from the farm are the best thing in the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2XifuglBLk

Will we see the final Briscoe vs Briscoe match? Or will they get together and go for the titles?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hope they get a tag title shot and Mark turns on Jay, then wins the TV Title.

They've been setting up Jay as the heel so it would be a good twist, and there's a believable story there about Mark always being in Jay shadow.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Davey Boy Smith Jr. saved a girl from jumping off a bridge.

https://twitter.com/DBSmithjr/status/922280092310499328
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Saw this on the WOH twitter:

Little girl fighting cancer made it out to the Philly tapings. Got some nice swag as well as a group photo with the Women of Honor:
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:46 pm Saw this on the WOH twitter:

Little girl fighting cancer made it out to the Philly tapings. Got some nice swag as well as a group photo with the Women of Honor:
Very cool to see this.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah thanks for sharing that