Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by Wilson »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 pm Hopefully they'll do the same thing this year. They'll probably wait until after the upcoming Philly show though.

I think they should have taken a risk and booked a larger arena but the Hammerstein is the Hammerstein. Its sort of become synonymous with ROH at this point.
It’s hard finding venues in New York. Keep in mind that PPV events require a lot of production, which ROH wants to find themselves in known, predictable hands. A lot of houses have their own crews, and a show like this might even require Union labor. Then there’s the issue of transportation. Hammerstein fits their needs really well, and it’s one of my favorite venues in the world.
WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 am How long has it been since ROH has ran New Jersey? Maybe they could do a TV taping in Jersey the day after Final Battle.
Ring of Homicide 2? New Jersey just will never be the same market as Philly or NYC. It’s not worth creating the base there.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Wilson wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 am
The Dragon Saga wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 pm Hopefully they'll do the same thing this year. They'll probably wait until after the upcoming Philly show though.

I think they should have taken a risk and booked a larger arena but the Hammerstein is the Hammerstein. Its sort of become synonymous with ROH at this point.
It’s hard finding venues in New York. Keep in mind that PPV events require a lot of production, which ROH wants to find themselves in known, predictable hands. A lot of houses have their own crews, and a show like this might even require Union labor. Then there’s the issue of transportation. Hammerstein fits their needs really well, and it’s one of my favorite venues in the world.
WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 am How long has it been since ROH has ran New Jersey? Maybe they could do a TV taping in Jersey the day after Final Battle.
Ring of Homicide 2? New Jersey just will never be the same market as Philly or NYC. It’s not worth creating the base there.
Killer Instinct in 2012, actually.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 am
Wilson wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 am

Killer Instinct in 2012, actually.
And the show before that was Boiling Point way back in November 2009. We'd like another show, please.
Big Red Machine

It definitely does feel like a "home base," but at the same time I'd like them to try somewhere bigger. This is freakin' New York City.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It wasn't long ago they were running Terminal 5.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 am It wasn't long ago they were running Terminal 5.
Which was much smaller than Hammerstein and almost universally despised, both by people who went there (myself included) and people trying to show the show on DVD or PPV with a f*cking tilted camera that couldn't even fit the whole ring in the hard-cam shot.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That's my point. People wanting them to move beyond Hammerstein so quickly are forgetting where they were just two years ago.

The growth can be slow, sometimes frustratingly so, but it beats the alternative of trying to grow bigger than you really are artificially. That's a big reason why GFW, Lucha Underground, AAA, and to a lesser extent NOAH are such financial messes.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Apparently tickets are going fast, since Ringside members are able to get tickets today, so I think that's a good sign.

They can find a bigger venue in a years time. Hell, there may be new ones popping up in 2018 they can run.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:08 pm That's my point. People wanting them to move beyond Hammerstein so quickly are forgetting where they were just two years ago.

The growth can be slow, sometimes frustratingly so, but it beats the alternative of trying to grow bigger than you really are artificially. That's a big reason why GFW, Lucha Underground, AAA, and to a lesser extent NOAH are such financial messes.
The issue with Terminal 5 was that it wasn't growth. It was a MUCH smaller building in a less convenient location, and if I remember correctly, you had to be 18 or older to get in.
Str8edgehero

Post by Str8edgehero »

Sorry I didn't see this thread but what does everyone think of the soaring eagle show? I looked at ticket prices and their way lower than I have ever seen a roh show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Honor Nation, as Summer turns to Fall, Ring of Honor sets its sights on closing its biggest year with a series of landmark events. Whether its Death Before Dishonor XV Weekend in Las Vegas, the Global Wars Tour, Final Battle , or any of our big shows in Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida, the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action that defines ROH has become a rite of passage for wrestling fans.

2017 saw the biggest crowds and greatest bouts in ROH history in North America, Europe, and Asia. Now it’s with great excitement that Ring of Honor is proud to announce a very BIG event for 2018 on the calendar: Supercard of Honor XII!

Supercard of Honor XII will emanate from the UNO Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, LA on Saturday April 7! Like last year’s history-making event, this event will feature high profile stars and very special matches for all of our fans around the world. At the time of announcement, we can confirm that stars from New Japan will take part in this event, and there will be the return of Festival of Honor, featuring all-day autograph signings, photo opportunities, trivia, and Q&A sessions with ROH stars. Much more to come later!

Last year’s Supercard was the most attended event in ROH history, when thousands of fans from around the globe descended on Lakeland, Florida. This April, The Best Wrestling on the Planet will shatter that record in the Big Easy! Tickets go on sale to RINGSIDE MEMBERS on Wednesday October 4th at 10am (CDT) and the GENERAL PUBLIC will be able to purchase tickets starting on Friday October 4th at 10am (CDT). Based on the high demand for recent major events, you will want to act fast to ensure you get the best seats and not get locked out of the action! Don’t miss SUPERCARD OF HONOR XII in New Orleans!

Keep it locked into ROHWrestling.com for talent and match announcements as we get closer to Supercard of Honor XII!

Supercard of Honor XII
Saturday April 7th
Bell Time: 7:30pm
UNO Lakefront Arena
6801 Franklin Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70122
Tickets go on sale for RINGSIDE MEMBERS on 10/4
Tickets go on sale for GENERAL PUBLIC on 10/6
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That arena holds like 9,000 people.

What a step up. It's a risk but I think they can fill it if they can get a hot program with Omega or the Bucks.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Per WWE's event list on their Facebook page, the following house shows are confirmed for Survivor Series weekend in Texas:

Austin (Cedar Park), TX - Thursday, November 16
San Antonio, TX - Friday, November 17

The latter date is an intentional sabotage of ROH in the Alamo City.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Couple things:

- The Chris Jericho cruise thing will be hosted by Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler
- Survival of the Fittest will somehow be 3 days long, happening in San Antonio, Dallas and Oklahoma City
http://rohwrestling.com/news/upcoming-s ... title-shot
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Can JR manage to learn the names of the talent in the span of over one year?

Stay tuned to find out.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

what the hell?! 3 nights for SOTF?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Awesome, they are trying to make there Bola which they have should have been doing for ages, 3 days tournament will I hope mean more and new talent brought in for the 3 nights.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Bad idea to have it in Texas this year with Survivor Series just a few hours away.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

All the buildings are on the small side and ROH has a lot of coverage in Texas, so I wouldn't say it's a "bad" idea. It's a risky one at most.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Only getting my business for one night. There’s Wrestle Circus that weekend too.